Windows 10: Windows 10 crashing randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 crashing randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have experienced BSOD for a 2nd time on a fresh install of windows 10, with new totally new PC configuration i bought recently. I attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frikic, Feb 10, 2017.

1. frikic Win User

Windows 10 crashing randomly

Hello,

I have experienced BSOD for a 2nd time on a fresh install of windows 10, with new totally new PC configuration i bought recently. I attached the zip file below.
    Attachment 120763

Hope somebody can give me a clue what to look for?
    Milos

:)

frikic, Feb 10, 2017

2. win 10 freezing and apps crashing

win 10 loads normally but then randomly crashes programs or freezes

SteveSealy, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Bsod with "Ättempted execute of noexecute memory"

Hello, so for the past weeks i have been having problems with my PC.

It randomly restarts, freezes or doesn't boot. But sometimes it crashes with said bsod.

I have reinstalled windows 10 completely, i have done the windows memorycheck, i am out of options.

If it is required, i can give you the minidump it generated.

This PC atm is a timebomb, it crashes totally randomly, but most noticeable during the startup period and 15 min after that. After that it might work for 1-4 hours with no issues before it crashes again.

Sinister123, Feb 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi frikic,

Welcome ton the 10forums *Smile

Did you change the driver name of your Realtek USB network adapter?
    It looks like this driver is the root cause of the BSOD.
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm rtwlanu_oldIC Browse full module list start end module name fffff805`50490000 fffff805`50852000 rtwlanu_oldIC T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: rtwlanu_oldIC.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu_oldIC.sys Image name: rtwlanu_oldIC.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Apr 21 03:43:34 2016 (57183046) CheckSum: 003AB9FD ImageSize: 003C2000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. frikic Win User
    Hi Axe0 and thanks for welcome and the answer,

No i haven't changed any driver names, i installed all newest LAN drivers from the Asus site, since
    Asus is a motherboard producer.

Im temporarily using USB WiFi dongle to make Virtual Mobile Hotspot, but i haven't installed any drivers
    it was just recognized automatically in Windows.

Looking into Device Manager Shows that Realtek driver is installed
    Attachment 120978

Maybe i should try to reinstall of find a correct driver for this dongle?

frikic, Feb 11, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Usually there are drivers provided with the dongle which can be installed, or download the latest one from the manufacturer.

7. frikic Win User
    Ok thanks again, i will install drivers for dongle, and test to see if my problem is solved *Wink

Could not find drivers for Windows 10 so i installed one for Windows 8.1, hope they work.

EDIT:

Ok looks like its working i didnt got any BSOD since then, thank you very much Ill mark this as solved!

frikic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 crashing randomly - Similar Threads - crashing randomly

2. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  3. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  4. Random crashes and don't know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes and don't know why: This randomly happened one day while watching YouTube. I had changed a couple things in the BIOS prior to the crashes but only fan speeds to which the temperatures are all cool whenever it crashes. System Information:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.19045 Build...
  5. Random crashes and don't know why

Random crashes and don't know why: This randomly happened one day while watching YouTube. I had changed a couple things in the BIOS prior to the crashes but only fan speeds to which the temperatures are all cool whenever it crashes. System Information:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 ProVersion 10.0.19045 Build...
  6. Random crashes and don't know why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...: Games usually close or freeze without any kind of warning every 15 to 20 minutes and I've been also getting many bluescreens recently 2 a day or so.So far, I've tried:- Updating all my drivers- Checking for memory leaks- Reinstalling Windows while saving my files- Checking...
  8. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...: Games usually close or freeze without any kind of warning every 15 to 20 minutes and I've been also getting many bluescreens recently 2 a day or so.So far, I've tried:- Updating all my drivers- Checking for memory leaks- Reinstalling Windows while saving my files- Checking...
  9. Games close without any error message and pc crashes randomly, but I think I've checked...

10. Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI

Pc crashes randomly Event 1796 TPM-WMI: hello, i've had some really weird and random crashes lately.sometime the pc won't crash at all for the day and sometimes it would crash multiple times a day...