Windows 10: Windows 10 Create System Image Hangs

Discus and support Windows 10 Create System Image Hangs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Win 10 home and would like to create a Sysem Image. When I start to create the Image the disk activity light is on full, but slowly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ragsboy, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Ragsboy Win User

Windows 10 Create System Image Hangs

Hi,
    I am running Win 10 home and would like to create a Sysem Image.
    When I start to create the Image the disk activity light is on full, but slowly decreases then ultimately stops and the application hangs with no error messages.
    I estimate that the job is almost complete about 95% by the progress screen.
    I have tried two different HDD's, seperate from the system disk, with plenty of empty disk space.
    System chkdsk says no problems
    No other problems are apparent.

Thanks for any help.

:)

Ragsboy, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Chester62 Win User

System Image Recovery Hangs

I have used Create a System Image and System image recovery several times. Lately, I still am able to create a System Image, but the system image recovery process now hangs. When I get to the point where "Preparing the system image recovery" message, the
    wheel spins for a few seconds, then the screen goes black and nothing more happens. I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on. The system image never recovers. Is a Windows 10 update causing this problem?

Chester62, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 System Hang after upgrading from Windows 7.

Windows 10 System Hang

Hi,

I have been upgraded my computer to windows 10 from Windows 7. After some times the system hangs while operation. Some times system work without hanging (1 or 2 days) and all of sudden it will hang. I have reloaded the windows also, but the hanging problem
    still coming. My system configuration is attached below:- Please suggest the solution.

Windows 10 Create System Image Hangs [​IMG]

SivanandanReddy, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Create System Image Hangs

1. Windows 10 Create System Image Hangs - Similar Threads - Create System Image

2. create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create system image: just updated to win 8.1 difficulty in find how to do a system image for future recovery. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/97d4d168-ad0f-4b73-9126-deada0a14ede
  3. Create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  4. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  5. Creating a system image on Windows 10

Creating a system image on Windows 10: Hello I need to create a recovery usb with my laptop. I had done that before 2 years ago with the previous version of windows10 with only 16gb USB drive capacity and it was fine. Today, the wizard asks for a USB device that has the same capacity as my used hard drive...
  6. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  7. Create System Image Windows 10

Create System Image Windows 10: Attempting to create a system image creates a WindowImageBackup folder of size 0 bytes. What's wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image-windows-10/67daf179-6f99-4d62-9ec7-97019681474e
  8. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  9. Windows 10 Create System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Create System Image: Windows 10 build 10586 x64. When I try to create a System Image I find that Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are both selected. How Do I just create a system Image for Windows 10 28873
  10. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system image recovery hang at Preparing