Windows 10: Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ?

Discus and support Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got the Creators update for my Win 10 home edition laptop yesterday. Here's what I have noticed so far (In case anyone is interested.) .... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustRay, May 18, 2017.

1. JustRay Win User

Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ?

I got the Creators update for my Win 10 home edition laptop yesterday.

Here's what I have noticed so far (In case anyone is interested.) ....

I use the Windows 10 Mail application.
    I see now, that the icon on my start menu screen reflects the number of unread emails.
    That's pretty nice.

As a basic home user of Windows 10, I won't be using the 3D stuff, gaming or enhancements to the Edge browser. (I'm a chrome user.)

Has anyone noticed any other basic enhancements? (I didn't read anywhere about the Mail icon enhancement.)

Or things that used to need fixing, actually being fixed after this upgrade has completed ?
    IE: The ability to index a home network drive or Calendar's inability (or refusal) to show scheduled events further out than 6 months.
    That sort of thing.

The upgrade itself ran flawlessly for me.
    I hope the same is true for all of you as well.

Since the upgrade completed, I've tested pretty much everything I run on a regular basis.
    And except for the following (I consider them minor) things, MS seems to have done a good job (in my opinion) making this upgrade work.

The ability to select to launch a "command prompt" from the start button disappeared.
    I needed to go into the taskbar settings and change it back.
    I guess I should have expect that.

I needed to install C++ 2015, (for some reason) after the update was completed.
    Otherwise one of my HP apps (I have an HP laptop) that runs at startup, would not work.
    It worked before the upgrade.
    Anyway ....

Malwarebytes 3.2 Premium stopped working.
    I could no longer perform a scan of my drives nor could I enable Web protection.
    (I needed to uninstall it, reinstall it and then re-register it.)
    So far, it seems to be working.
    I wonder if the new Defender app had something to do with that.
    Oh well.
    It was a way easy thing to fix.

Thanks for any replies.
    I'm simply trying to learn what others may have experienced.

:)

JustRay, May 18, 2017

2. can't boot windows 10 after yesterday's update

Gary, you can contribute freely wherever you want. It isn't necessary to ask or grant permission for anyone to add anything as long as it's on topic.

One cannot turn off Windows Update as it will turn itself back on because it's a critical System file that is crucial to Security. You can however gain more control over it. See

Microsoft Gives Users More Control in the Windows 10 Creators Update.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, May 18, 2017
  3. USB HUB Stopped working with Creators Update.

I have a Surface Pro 3 with the new Windows 10 Creators update. I also have an amazon basics USB 3.0 4 port hub. The hub has always worked until the creators update, now it won't recognize it. I searched for solutions online and couldn't find anything.
    From what I understand it's pretty much just a plug and play hub and there are no drivers for it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Mozzezz1984, May 18, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ?

1. Windows 10 creator update. Anything for basic users ? - Similar Threads - creator update Anything

2. Windows 10 basic User guide

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 basic User guide: Hey everyone, I need some advice. I am looking for a User educational guide for Win 10. I am volunteering at a nonprofit, upgrading computers from Win 7 to Win 10 and the manager has requested that I create a User guide for the less computer literate folks. If y’all know if...
  3. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  4. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  5. Creators Update and Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update and Windows 10 Home: Hello, I have two laptops with Win10 Home that I update only sometimes (because the WU service is disabled and because I do when I want to do it). I just update it and everything was fine but it didn't download the CU patch. Also, I try to force the "Search for updates"...
  6. Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?: I think there may be a serious bug with it and if anyone else can confirm it, that would be great. My monitor has multiple refresh rates 60,100,120,144hz. Sometimes I use a custom refresh rate of 80hz for certain games that I set in Nvidia Control Panel. However, none of my...
  7. Windows 10 creator update

Windows 10 creator update: I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not ! As it has many security features and drivers that I...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update

Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello,I am willing to try another more time (this will be the last try) to update my system.As you already know, my system is Windows 10, originally installed the Hebrew version and tailored on it the English language.Also installed Office 2007 and other programs...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  10. Emoji in Windows 10 (Creators Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Emoji in Windows 10 (Creators Update): I recently decided to update to the Windows 10 Creators Update.......and one MAJOR change that I do NOT like at all is the change in appearance to the emoji. Before, they looked like this: Emojis on windows Now, they're like this: [img] Is there ANY way I can...