Windows 10: Windows 10 creator update

Discus and support Windows 10 creator update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by omaer97, Aug 24, 2017.

1. omaer97 Win User

Windows 10 creator update

I have just bought new laptop HP Elitebook X360 , which come with win 10 pro , I want to know if updating to windows 10 creator will remove my pre installed app and programs that came with it from HP company or not !

As it has many security features and drivers that I think I won't be able to get them if they are removed during the massive update to Windows 10 creator !

Thank you !

:)

omaer97, Aug 24, 2017
  2. lintekPC Win User
    lintekPC, Aug 24, 2017
  3. Differences Between Creators Update and Fall Creators Update on Windows 10?

Windows 10 Creators update-Current stable release for Windows 10.

Windows 10 Fall Creators update-Next stable build for Windows 10 due in September.

Microsoft announces Windows 10 Fall
    creators update to be released in September this year

When would I likely get Creators Update?

That entirely depends on Windows update. You can get it manually now:

Use Media creation tool or the upgrade assistant to upgrade your system to the creators update.

Update to Windows 10 creators
    update manually if you are unable to get it through Windows update

It might come today or it might not come forever...

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 24, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

You should be just fine. You probably have Windows 10 Anniversary on there now. Upgrading to the Creator's build will not delete anything you have. It's always a good idea to make a system backup before any major update, though....just in case something goes sour. Just common sense, not trying to scare you. You should be fine.

f14tomcat, Aug 24, 2017
  5. omaer97 Win User
    I have recovery USB drive for my laptop , will it work if I used it to restore my Original Windows 10 pro version ?

I mean Does it worth to take the risk for making this massive update to windows 10 creator ?

omaer97, Aug 24, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    The recovery will work fine.

As far as the Update....that's not something easily determined. I'm not trying to give you a foo-foo answer, but there are way too many factors to give you a "yes" or "no" answer. In 1 month, there will be another major Windows update to the Fall Creator's Update. You'll again be facing the same issue. At some point, MS will stop support except for security patches on the Anniversary Edition. It's entirely up to you if you want to update. Just don't get too far behind in the major releases.

f14tomcat, Aug 24, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    No, the update to Creators Update will keep all your files and installed apps (from HP or anyone else). You may however need to update the HP Recovery Manager. This is HP's help on updating their PCs to Creators Update.

HP PCs - Installing the Latest Version of Windows 10

8. omaer97 Win User

Thank you , I have read what is written on HP , but I have question I have already created an recovery image on my usb stick and I can only create one for my Laptop when I buy it , Will this recovery image be useless after updating my windows to creator version ?

omaer97, Aug 24, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Not entirely useless, but if you used it to reinstall Windows you'd go back to the original version as installed when you bought it.

You should make a new recovery drive USB after updating to Creators.

10. cereberus Win User
    The one-time recovery drive OP is talking about is the one HP create which returns pc to its vanilla as sold state with all vendor crapware as well.

This is not the same as the standard usb recovery drive from Windows 10.

Anyway, image backups are better as we all know.

cereberus, Aug 25, 2017
  11. omaer97 Win User
    I'm little bit confused , when I first opened laptop HP Recovery manager asked from me to make Recovery image on my usb which only can be done one time ,

After I will do the Windows 10 creator update which Recovery Image should I do , as I don't understand the difference between the one I created and what you have talked about image backups

Thank you !

omaer97, Aug 25, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
    It does the same job, it's often the same thing for many OEMs. Making a recovery drive on an OEM-installed Windows 10 will include all their crapware their custom utilities and drivers too if you ticked 'include system files'. See the bits I highlighted from this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

13. Bree New Member

An image backup is a snapshot of your PC as it is now, the installed apps, your settings, the user files - everything. It allows you to recreate your PC exactly as it was at the time the image was made if the hard drive fails.

HP Recovery Manager and a Windows recovery drive do similar jobs, these two Help pages may make things a little clearer.

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

HP PCs - Creating and Using a Microsoft Recovery USB Drive (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

14. AddRAM Win User
    It will not remove any drivers, and it is not a massive update.

The update just adds some new features, there`s nothing to be that worried about *Smile

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 creator update - Similar Threads - creator update

2. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Help?: Today I tried to run halo infinite but it gave me a message along the lines of Incompatible OS version. Update fall creators update (1709) or higher. So I look up how to update windows to the latest version so I follow the steps but I already have the latest version then I go...
  3. when should we will expect an updated ISO file from Media Creator tools for w11...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when should we will expect an updated ISO file from Media Creator tools for w11...?: I HAVE DOWNLOADED USING THE MEDIA CREATOR TOOL FOR WINDOWS 11The ISO file:Windows11_2022-01-11_19043.1466.isochose for my PC a hp Z440 // at 2022-01-12I redownload to day 30-01-2022 with the media creator tool the same iso Windows11_for_Z440_22000.469__30-01-2022.iso chose...
  4. when should we will expect an updated ISO file from Media Creator tools for w11...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when should we will expect an updated ISO file from Media Creator tools for w11...?: I HAVE DOWNLOADED USING THE MEDIA CREATOR TOOL FOR WINDOWS 11The ISO file:Windows11_2022-01-11_19043.1466.isochose for my PC a hp Z440 // at 2022-01-12I redownload to day 30-01-2022 with the media creator tool the same iso Windows11_for_Z440_22000.469__30-01-2022.iso chose...
  5. windows creator update,esim capable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows creator update,esim capable?: Will my laptop gets the windows 10 creator update? the latest update was May 15,2021. The OS build was 10.0.19042.985.,ASUS Vivobook X442U acquired year 2019....
  6. i need 2017 fall creators update link

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i need 2017 fall creators update link: i need the the 2017 fall creators update iso file link. i cannot find it in my browser i am only able to find 2020 20 h2 link. but i am already using that , i want to change the previous version of windows because of unsupported drivers kindly send the file iso...
  7. WiFi issues with Creators Update v2 network disconnection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi issues with Creators Update v2 network disconnection: PC: HP Probook 450 G2 NIC Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Refer to PB.Anton's post here I was just about to post a success story about a solution to WiFi disconnection when my PC stuttered as I was writing this post. After an update in March2020 the PC WiFi was perpetually...
  8. Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or?

Update 2004 - is that what they call Creators Update - a major one, or?: Considering the amount of issues people have seems to be malware MS is shipping https://www.ghacks.net/2020/05/28/windows-10-version-2004-is-here-and-it-has-lots-of-issues/?unapproved=4465941&moderation-hash=728b68d5e9c84849f9f327fadc13fe4f#comment-4465941 This for people...
  9. I tried to update to 2004 using Media Creator but I couldn't.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried to update to 2004 using Media Creator but I couldn't.: I live in Indonesia (ID), Lenovo Yoga laptop, Win10 OEM Single Language. Stuck in Progress 0%. submitted by /u/GoldJello [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/guld4d/i_tried_to_update_to_2004_using_media_creator_but/
  10. Need help for Windows 10 creator update.

Need help for Windows 10 creator update.: I am trying to download a batch of new features loaded Windows 10 creator update from my current version, 1607. Is there anyone here that can tell me how much is the estimated file size for downloading it. Because I am currently in no Wifi state, and need to download via my...