Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Please help! I updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update about three weeks ago and it has destroyed my computer's reliability. I am getting crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lrnova, Nov 2, 2017.

1. lrnova Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently

Please help! I updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update about three weeks ago and it has destroyed my computer's reliability. I am getting crashes daily, sometimes twice daily, and I don't know why. The crashes always happen while I've stepped away from the computer - I've never been in the room when it's gone down. The same thing always happens - I return to a black screen with no cursor, and no keyboard inputs or mouse inputs or touchpad inputs can get things back.

This happened once before the creator's update, and that was about eight months ago. I ran the computer without a crash for three months before installing the creator's update (other crashes have happened while I've been working and were spontaneous and didn't recur). I've had over a dozen failures since the installation and they've been increasing in frequency. I'm sure it's something to do with that update, but I don't know what.

I have an Acer Aspire E5-574 with an Intel 15-6200U CPU and an NVIDIA GeForce 940M video card. I updated the NVIDIA driver yesterday because I heard that could be the culprit, it's crashed twice since then. I've checked other drivers but can't find any others that should be updated. I tried several suggestions from other sites with no success. I tried to go back to the previous version and it said there was an error and it won't let me go back. I'm very afraid that I might be stuck with a system that can't stay working, and will have to go through major efforts to get it back working. Anything that anyone can suggest to help this problem, please let me know! Thank you in advance!

:)

lrnova, Nov 2, 2017
  2. Bourne957 Win User

windows 10 fall creator update troubleshooting: PC crashing frequently after updating to fall creator update

I installed the fall creator update that I got in windows update as a feature update. But after installing it, my laptop has begun to crash frequently with blue screens. Also, the mobile hotspot doesnot work.

[ Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup
    ]

Bourne957, Nov 2, 2017
  3. is there is new version of windows is coming

A new revision of Windows 10 is expected some time in late March. It is called the Windows 10 Creators Update, version 1703. Previous versions include the current Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607, Windows 10 November Update, version 1511 and the
    initial release, Windows 10, version 1507.

Learn more:

Frequently
    Asked Questions Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703

Andre Da Costa, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Nov 2, 2017
  5. lrnova Win User
    I've attached the report.

One additional note, I have looked at the event viewer for any potential causes, but there are no events that I can identify as being culprits.

lrnova, Nov 2, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Looking at your event logs I can see hundreds of hardware related errors:

Code: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express) BusWindows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5 Vendor IDWindows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently :Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D15 Class Code: 0x30400[/quote] This port has memory address shared with your wireless network adaptor:
    Memory Address 0x94000000-0x941FFFFF Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter
    Memory Address 0x94000000-0x941FFFFF Intel(R) 100 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #6 - 9D15

I would begin by updating your BIOS - this has been known to fix similar issues with other ACER devices:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/conten...oduct/6305?b=1

philc43, Nov 2, 2017
  7. lrnova Win User
    I have updated the BIOS. Mine was at version 1.10, 1.18 was available. It will take time to know if this solved the problem or not - I will keep the computer running and monitor progress. I do believe there was an increase in program start-up speed after rebooting.

I have also considered that the driver for my Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter may need to be updated, however I was unable to tell the appropriate one to choose from the list on Acer's website. The version numbers on them appear to be drastically different from the one I have, which had me very hesitant to pick one that I wasn't sure would be correct and accidentally brick something.

lrnova, Nov 3, 2017
  8. lrnova Win User

After six days I have experienced no further issues. I'm going to keep monitoring things but after a complete cessation of crashing following eight or nine in the same period before the BIOS update, I feel it is likely that this has solved my problem. Thank you very much!

lrnova, Nov 9, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently [​IMG]
    thanks for the feedback.

philc43, Nov 9, 2017
  10. lrnova Win User
    Well, unfortunately, it seems I spoke too soon. Two days, two crashes, exact same situation as before.

I've re-run the diagnostic tool and have attached the updated report.K-ACER-Sun_11_12_2017_172911_54.zip

In between the first and second crashes, I updated my Qualcamm Atheros Wireless Adapter driver to 12.0.0.256. I don't know if this is the newest version, there was a different one on Acer's website but it looked like an older version? It didn't seem to fix anything, but I might still need something more on this.

Please let me know what you can find. Thank you.

lrnova, Nov 12, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    1) In the lower left corner search type: system > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings > on the advanced tab in startup and recovery click settings > post an image into the thread

2) In the lower left corner search type: clean > open disk clean up > view files to delete > post images into the thread

3) If you use Ccleaner > click on the windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

4) If you use any software that cleans files please post the information into the thead

5) Download and install Whocrashed:
    Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer

6) Above analyze click on tools > crash dump test > type: ACCEPT

7) Click Analyze and view results > look for dead or deaddead

8) Run the DM log collector and post a zip after all of the above steps:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

9) For any new BSOD please post a new zip:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

10) The BIOS: Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.10, 11/27/2015
    Please check the Acer website for a bios update
    Post a link or hyperlink into the thread for the website to view the drivers and bios.

zbook, Nov 12, 2017
  12. lrnova Win User

I did not see an option to view files to delete. But I may have missed something - if I overlooked something, please let me know and I will attempt to correct ASAP.

3. I do not use CCLeaner.

4. I do not use any other file cleaners.

5-7. The results after doing the crash:
    Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 11/12/2017 7:22:30 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111217-30656-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: rspcrash64.sys (rspCrash64+0x108B)
    Bugcheck code: 0xDEADDEAD (0x0, 0x0, 0x19A92F38, 0x3C2A58ED)
    Error: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rspcrash64.sys
    product: WhoCrashed
    company: Resplendence Software Projects Sp.
    description: Resplendence WhoCrashed Crash Dump Test
    Bug check description: This indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

On Sun 11/12/2017 7:22:30 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: rspcrash64.sys (rspCrash64+0x108B)
    Bugcheck code: 0xDEADDEAD (0x0, 0x0, 0x19A92F38, 0x3C2A58ED)
    Error: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rspcrash64.sys
    product: WhoCrashed
    company: Resplendence Software Projects Sp.
    description: Resplendence WhoCrashed Crash Dump Test
    Bug check description: This indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

Conclusion
    2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

8. Attached is the newest DM log.
    K-ACER-Sun_11_12_2017_193449_35.zip

9. I will run logs after any subsequent crash.

10. I had BIOS version 1.10 when I first posted this. After being told to update I updated to 1.18, the newest available on the Acer website. I did not have a crash for about eight days afterwards.
    Product support

lrnova, Nov 12, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

For system failure > automatically restart > un-check this box so that you have unlimited time to view the BSOD windows. The windows will display the bugcheck and occasionally will display the malfunctioning driver in the form *.sys

Open the computer and view the RAM modules.
    What are the manufacturer and model?
    One of the modules is Kingston ACR16D3LS1KNG/8G
    What is the other module?

zbook, Nov 12, 2017
  14. lrnova Win User
    I've unchecked the automatic restart option, hopefully that will help, though I keep getting black screens with no display so I'm not totally sure it will.

I'll get back to you with the RAM module info.

lrnova, Nov 12, 2017
  15. lrnova Win User
    I really don't like how this model doesn't have a quick access panel for the RAM. I always feel like I'm risking destroying the whole computer by opening up the case. But it's still working, so I guess I'm good this time.

One RAM module is Kingston ACR16D3LS1KNG/8G
    The other is PNY 64D0JKHNK
    Both are 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 RAM modules.

lrnova, Nov 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently - Similar Threads - Creators Update Crashing

2. Windows 10 Crashes Frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes Frequently: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 7390 running Windows 10 Home frequently crashes. Sometimes I've gotten the blue screen of death with error messages like "critical error" or "memory management" or it just simply freezes and I have to force a shut down. I've tried many of the routine...
  3. Windows 10 Crashes Frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Crashes Frequently: Hello, My Dell XPS 13 7390 running Windows 10 Home frequently crashes. Sometimes I've gotten the blue screen of death with error messages like "critical error" or "memory management" or it just simply freezes and I have to force a shut down. I've tried many of the routine...
  4. Windows 10 Crashes Frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 crashes frequently

Windows 10 crashes frequently: I got a Dell laptop and Windows 10 crashes frequently. After lots of troubleshooting, Dell has recommended that I reinstall Windows.Is it possible for Microsoft to diagnose these crashes?Does Microsoft offer any support? I contacted support and they pointed me to some...
  6. Windows 10 crashing frequently

Windows 10 crashing frequently: Have you tried putting the other ram stick in just to confirm the fault?
  7. Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update: Expression Web 4 has worked great with Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) through the 1607 version. When I upgraded to version 1703, most of Expression Web 4 still works, but when I try to add a hyperlink and click on the browse within the add link window, EW4 crashes. I can copy and...
  8. Windows 10 creators update constant crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 creators update constant crashing: This pc has run smoothly for quite a while now, until the creators update. now, it crashes every day. I was getting windows out of memory crashes, but i installed the latest drivers for chipset, both lan, bluetooth, vga, and audio. I even rolled back my gpu driver to 372....
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update crash: Hi all Just had a freeze of my windows 10 when I was out of the room. I was streaming a radio station and left Cent (Chrome clone) browser open and when I came back to the PC the sound was glitching, like repeating a sound very quickly and mouse and keyboard had frozen....