Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214) Just saw this thing got installed. Thoughts? 81599 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by vgchat, Apr 11, 2017.

1. vgchat Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214)

Just saw this thing got installed. Thoughts?

:)

vgchat, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Jake_H_92 Win User

Laptop wifi Connectivity Issues

I tried to update to the latest version of Windows 10 but got this message:

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) - Error 0x80070643

Jake_H_92, Apr 11, 2017
  3. MarthaXX Win User
    Windows 10 Creator Update

Hi

Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings for x64-based Systems (KB4013214)

Successfully installed on 11/07/2017 but I am still waiting for Windows 10 Creator Update to install

MarthaXX, Apr 11, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

I would install it then review your privacy settings to see if anything's changed.

swarfega, Apr 11, 2017
  5. bumboola Win User
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013214

"Note: KB4013214 is required before Windows Update will download and install the Windows 10 Creators Update."

It should download and install CU the next time you or your system checks for updates. You will be asked to review your privacy settings before this happens and they will take effect after CU is installed.

bumboola, Apr 11, 2017
  6. Does anyone know how long after the privacy settings update gets downloaded the creators update might take to be offered? We have two machines. One got the privacy settings kb yesterday but subsequent update checks shows I am up to date. In other words still no creators. Our second machine hasn't even been offered the privacy settings KB so I guess that's not on MS radar for roll out just yet

Scottyboy99, Apr 11, 2017
  7. jamis Win User
    I installed this KB on 04/11/17 in the evening along with the other Patch Tuesday updates. On 04/12/17, just before noon, the privacy settings review window popped up. I was busy doing other non-PC things, so I clicked the "Remind Me Later" button. Going to run a System Image save tonight, so I have a current backup for when MS runs the CU update download.

Update: It's 10:00P on 04/12/17 and I just looked in on the System Image save I started at 9:30P to see how it was progressing. Found a message in the Action Center to verify my privacy settings for the Creators Update. I'm going to let it sit there until the System Image save is done. I'll actually let it sit there until the evening of 04/13/17 when I can devote my full attention to the update.

jamis, Apr 12, 2017
  8. bumboola Win User

Once you complete the privacy settings the third page states "Windows will handle the update from here." Just click ok and CU will be downloaded and installed right away. You will not be offered the CU until this is done. This process gets pinned to your action center if you choose "Remind Me Later" on the first page.

The first page of the privacy settings popped up for me soon after KB4013214 was installed.

bumboola, Apr 12, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    It's not so much that there are any great changes to the privacy settings. It seems to be that MS got so much flak over their 'Express install' (which basically said 'yes, please read everything') that they want you to be able to see and choose what you want this time round.

Those of us who used the MCT to upgrade earlier got a similar 'Privacy setting' review page when we ran Setup.

10. pparks1 Win User
    No changes really, they just put it in front of you and explain it a bit..but only the first time you login.

pparks1, Apr 12, 2017
  11. Well the PC that downloaded this privacy settings KB on the 11th still has not been offered creators update via Windows update. I thought after this KB downloaded the creators update would be close at hand yet the pop up to confirm privacy settings hasn't happened. The other PC has not even been offered the privacy settings KB at all. Should I really be waiting this long for that privacy settings pop up even though this KB has downloaded and successfully installed?

Scottyboy99, Apr 13, 2017
  12. Karhis Win User
    Does anybody know how to "retrigger" the "Review privacy settings" dialog?

The first time it appeared, I selected "Remind me later". According to this article (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reators-update) the dialog can be shown by selecting "Review settings" from the action center. However, my action center is empty - I may have cleared all the notifications there.

I'd prefer not to use the Media Creation Tool to trigger the update, as one computer I updated using it lost some settings / customizations. So is the only option to wait until the privacy settings dialog pops up again?

Karhis, Apr 14, 2017
  13. Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214)

Unfortunately I don't know how to get it back. But I do think we need some clarification around this privacy settings. Questions such as, When will it pop up again if one selects remind later? Why has the prompt to review never popped up on my secondary machine despite the relevant kb4013214 getting installed back on the 11th? Why did KB4013214 not get installed on our main machine, subsequent update checks manually triggered still haven't pulled it in?

tweeted ms support several times for answers but no answers forthcoming

Scottyboy99, Apr 14, 2017
  14. Teeseaeff Win User
    I came here because I had the exact same question. Like you, I had selected 'remind me later' and was happy to see it stick in the action centre, allowing me to delay the Creators Update until it suited me. Then this morning the action centre was empty. I think the reason may have been because I made a couple of adjustments yesterday in the settings/privacy panel. Anyway, after I opened settings/privacy again this morning, without changing anything, the "Review privacy settings" dialog suddenly reappeared in the middle of the screen. I again selected 'remind me later' and now it's back sitting in the action centre for me to complete at my leisure. It was probably just coincidence the dialogue reappearing straight after I'd opened the privacy settings so I'd expect your machine to get it back sooner rather than later.

Teeseaeff, Apr 15, 2017
  15. Thanks for sharing. I'm still tearing my hair out. I don't understand why one machine got the KB and one hasn't. Is this KB also part of the staggered roll out. And then why is one of having got this KB still not showing the review privacy settings pop up at all 5 days after this KB installed? This is where I am cross with MS at the total lack of clarity and then having contacted them about this a total lack of response.

Scottyboy99, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings (KB4013214) - Similar Threads - Creators Update Privacy

2. privacy settings and windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    privacy settings and windows updates: Hello, I am trying to update my computer settings for a number of reasons and want to ensure privacy for myself and family even if someone is diligently looking to access my accounts, super intel IT people which may be an exaggeration but I have a younger child wild with...
  3. Windows 10 privacy settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 privacy settings: I have 5 Windows 10 Home laptops for my homeschooled kids. I have activity reporting enabled so I can keep and eye on what they're doing. Is there a way I can keep them from accessing the privacy settings to turn activity reporting off? My oldest is smart enough to figure...
  4. Windows Update and Privacy Settings?

Windows Update and Privacy Settings?: I receive this error message: what to do There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)...
  5. How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get to Privacy Settings for Creators Update: I've been getting the Notification for Privacy Settings for Creators Update for a while now in the Action Center on one of my PCs. And I've been clicking on "Remind Me Later" for a while now. Today I wanted to get that PC updated to CU, but the notification is no longer in...
  6. Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Windows Update settings for Creators Update?: I just finished upgrading to the Creators Update, and would like to know the best Windows Update settings. I don't want any unexpected restarts, and I would like the option of being asked before installing each update, so I can properly prepare, rather than risk Windows...
  7. Creators Update and Networking settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creators Update and Networking settings: I have a client who's point of sale software runs on Windows 10 Pro, and yes I know they should be using Windows Server but that changeover isn't going to be happening for a while. When this machine had the anniversary update installed last year, it reset all the networking...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Edition privacy settings message does not display

Windows 10 Creators Edition privacy settings message does not display: Hello Until earlier today, there was a message in Action Centre on my Windows 10 PC concerning the need to reset privacy settings before the Creators Update can install. Well this message no longer appears even with a re-boot. Does anyone know if this message can be...
  9. Privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Privacy enhancements coming to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: In April, we outlined significant enhancements made to the Windows 10 Creators Update that gives you more control to make informed decisions about your privacy. Those enhancements included improving in-product information about your privacy, updates to the Microsoft privacy...
  10. Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?: Is it safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings after you've installed the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've just upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 10 1607, using the Windows Update Assistant. I got fed up waiting for the CU to come via...