Windows 10: Windows 10 Creators Update video issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Creators Update video issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I was notified by Windows Update that my system was ready to be upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update. I always prefer to do clean installs, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thommo14, Jun 22, 2017.

1. thommo14 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update video issue

Hi

I was notified by Windows Update that my system was ready to be upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update. I always prefer to do clean installs, so I use the media creation tool and cleanly installed Windows 10 Creators Update.

I have my monitor set to turn off after a set period of time, but sometimes when I want the display to resume (by moving my mouse or keyboard), the screen will turn black and elements of my browsers (Edge and Firefox) will be missing. Windows reports the my video driver is up to date. I had absolutely no issues whatsoever with the display on the Anniversary Update.

Event Viewer reports the following:
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I also don't play any games at all, so it's not related to that.

I have tried closing all open applications, thinking it might be a conflict with one of those, but the issue continued regardless of whether or not apps were open (obviously there are still background tasks and services running). Previously, the display stopped responding only when I used my keyboard or mouse to resume the monitor from sleep (the PC is not set to sleep or hibernate), but I checked Device Manager this morning and there's an entry overnight for the display not responding, so now the display not responding even when I'm not resuming the monitor from sleep.

Note that this doesn't happen every single time I resume the monitor from sleep.

Driver version: 8.15.10.2900
    Date: 26/11/2012

I would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance.

:)

thommo14, Jun 22, 2017

2. Supress Microsoft 10 upgrade pop up

How do you suppress the pop up for the upgrade to Microsoft 10?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Jun 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 notification and icon won't go away

When will the issue be resolved?

Microsoft 10 update issue, Jun 22, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Creators Update video issue - Similar Threads - Creators Update video

2. Features Windows 10 video Creator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Features Windows 10 video Creator: Hello, I just try Video Creator on W10. It should be marvelious by its simplicity and rapidity but for me to replace my original soft it should perform : The possibility to select more that one picture in the scenarimage to affect them by modifications like "time or...
  3. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  4. Windows 10 Creators Update issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Creators Update issues: Hi I am not sure where i can post this issue. I was runninh anniversary update and updated to creators using assistant. Now when i go to file explorer i can see some icons but some the icons are missing on all drives. All i can see is folder icon on some but no text is...
  5. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues: Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play certain games and it has DOUBLED since I updated. I can literally feel how slow my pc got even when im only browsing the web. I...
  6. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  7. Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound: I am using an Intel DZ68DB motherboard with an i7-2600K CPU. I had been using Windows 10 Version 1511 with my system running stable and with no issues. Microsoft just ‘sent’ me the Creator’s Update, which is Windows 10 Version 1703. Now, my computer will no longer play...
  8. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  9. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...
  10. Watch 360° videos with Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Watch 360° videos with Windows 10 Creators Update: Today, we’re showing you how you can fully immerse yourself in 360° videos with the Windows 10 Creators Update. With the Creators Update, the Movies & TV app* expands your viewing horizon from 2D video to 360° video. You can explore new immersive 360° video content from...