Windows 10: Windows 10 CU GTX1070 black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 CU GTX1070 black screen in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I updated to Win10 CU and then did a complete system reset. Now I no longer get any picture signal. When Win10 boots to the login prompt, there's no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Muyfa666, May 12, 2017.

1. Muyfa666 Win User

Windows 10 CU GTX1070 black screen

I updated to Win10 CU and then did a complete system reset. Now I no longer get any picture signal.

When Win10 boots to the login prompt, there's no picture. I know the computer is running, but the screen is black.

If I run DDU from safe mode, I get image, but as soon as I try to install NVIDIA drivers, or if Windows installs their default drivers, I get black screen.

Any suggestions? I spent several hours on this today, with no progress. :-(

:)

Muyfa666, May 12, 2017
  2. DeusXQ Win User

Black Screen in FireFox after the CU

Hey

Using FF 54 x64, Win 10 with CU.

This is a problem which started after the CU installed. I get a black screen in FireFox, intermittent but a regular occurrence. I have tried the usual steps to renew the browser, safe mode, etc., with no success. A part of the browser screen goes black,
    then the entire screen. The frame remains, with menu items, and the browser can change sites, the curser is active, etc., but there are no graphics. Launching another Tab or window gives a white page which then instantly disappears leaving the black screen
    inside the frame. Closing and reopening the browser corrects the problem. Disengaging hardware acceleration is a work around but unsatisfactory as the browser needs HA.

The event does not happen with IE 11.

I am posting here because many CU users have this problem .See

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 163440#c70

That case was reopened and all are using windows 10 CU.

Windows 10 event viewer says that "the display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered" listing event ID 4101.The posted solution on Windows forums

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...responding-and-has-recovered-error-in-windows

is to increase a delay in the display driver timing but that does not improve the browser graphics. This is an old problem with no solution on the NVIDIA forum. I have of course changed drivers.

We are hoping Windows will correct the problem and has the solution.

DeusXQ, May 12, 2017
  3. DeusXQ Win User
    Black Screen in FireFox after the CU

Nobody's demanding. The problem here started after the Creator's Update.CU is reported as a minor inconvenience to gamers and to some general users with this and other post cu problems.

DeusXQ, May 12, 2017
  4. Archie123 Win User

Clutching at straws a bit here but if you goto safemode , hit the win key + P then select one of the options (most likely "pc screen only") then reboot?

some have fixed it by shuting down (not a restart a full shut down)

does anything show up if you use keyboard shortcuts? such as ctrl alt del for task manager for example?

looks like a common issue after the update but theres no solid fixes

Archie123, May 13, 2017
  5. Muyfa666 Win User
    I have spent the better part of the day with this. It seems to be a combination of a Win10 CU bug and a bad MSI driver.

I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and installed a graphics driver, then updated to CU. Works now it seems.

Muyfa666, May 13, 2017
  6. Archie123 Win User
    Glad it's sorted *Smile

Archie123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 CU GTX1070 black screen - Similar Threads - GTX1070 black screen

2. Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070: I got random black screen while the sound is stilling working.Press shut down button from case will resume and then show the "shutting down" screen and then shut down.Have already tried : 1. reinstall win102. update all driver 3. install everything on Windows Update When I...
  3. Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070: I got random black screen while the sound is stilling working.Press shut down button from case will resume and then show the "shutting down" screen and then shut down.Have already tried : 1. reinstall win102. update all driver 3. install everything on Windows Update When I...
  4. Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows CU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows CU: Need to download Cumulative Updates for Win 10 Pro for Workstation 64 bit. Can any one share the url. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cu/a8655241-41ae-4e9a-80e8-6d059f478495
  6. Black screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen Windows 10: Hey so i have a new install windows 10 and sometimes when the PC is off and turn it on it will stuck in Black screen until i force a shutdown and start again and after that it will work is there a way to remove this black screen ?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 1709 CU

Windows 10 Pro 1709 CU: Hi , I'm facing below mentioned error when executing offline updates i.e KB4516066 and KB4512575 on Windows 10 Pro (1709) on Multiple System's. "This Update is not Applicable to your computer" Note:- It directly fetches 1809 version when I'm trying to update via online...
  8. Windows 10 CU - Fullscreen optimizations

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 CU - Fullscreen optimizations: There is a new compatibility option on .exes properties, "Disable Fullscreen Optimizations" , I use Windows Colour Calibration to adjust gamma etc, but when I launch a game, all my settings gets reseted to default, but when I check this box on the game .exe, it launches...
  9. Windows 10 CU Low Performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 CU Low Performance: Hi guys, i really need help in here, so that's the thing: i updated to windows 10 creators update manually and i saw that the computer was underperforming then i booted the computer and re-installed the windows 10 from the ground without any saves or anything, it came with...
  10. CU

CU: Anyway to go back to the CU? 95942