Windows 10: Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users

Discus and support Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's first cumulative update for Windows 10 - KB3081424 - is causing havoc for some users. The problem, in a nutshell, is that the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users

Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Aug 9, 2015

2. My Windows 10 PC now reboots whenever I leave it alone for a few hours - reboot loop?

This appears to be similar to the issue reported in this forum and CNET on 8/11/2015, where a bad entry in the registry caused some PCs to get caught in a reboot/reupdate loop.

Windows 10 update triggers reboot glitch for some users

After the update fails to install properly the first time around, Windows 10 tries to roll it back as is standard procedure. But since the update is automated and forced, Windows tries to install it again after rebooting,
    causing a loop of reboots for some users. Writer Adrian Kingsley-Hughes of CNET sister site ZDNet wrote about his travails
    trying to install the update
    on Sunday and getting stuck in a series of reboots. I installed the update on Sunday, but it ran smoothly on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. So as usual, the problem seems to affect only
    a certain percentage of users.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix coming from Microsoft?

Thanks,

Ken

KenHartman2828, Aug 9, 2015
  3. KB3081424 download continually fails

This issue is widespread, and I'd like to know if Microsoft is doing anything to remedy the problem.

The story is largely the same for most people- the update will install to around 50%, then it will tell you "Update could not be installed, undoing changes..." There is also no way to see what the problem is without any error code. It's been about 4-5 days
    now. Other updates like drivers work fine.

Mine is not stuck in a perpetual "reboot loop" like others, although it does reboot 4-5 times upon failure with the same "unable to install" showing up.

Here are some articles explaining the problem.

Windows 10 patch KB 3081424 can crash, fail to install

Windows 10 Forced Updates Causing Endless Crash Loops

Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3081424 Fails to Install, Stuck in Reboot Loop

Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users | ZDNet

DudeAbides, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users

1. Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users - Similar Threads - cumulative update causes

2. Windows 10 20H1 Feature Update Servicing causing reboot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H1 Feature Update Servicing causing reboot loop: Hello, currently we deploy the Windows 10 20H1 feature update via ConfigMgr / Servicing. The update seems to be installed correctly no issue in softwarecenter - Softwarecenter tells "Reboot required" after the reboot the Clients are still on 1909 and the installation process...
  3. KB5001330 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop

KB5001330 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop: Hi all, I recently purchased an AMD computer, which has been working fine for a couple of weeks. I got the updates through and thought it wouldn't hurt to update security settings etc..I also had the cumulative updates to install..in particular KB5001330 for x64 based...
  4. KB4589212 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop

KB4589212 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop: Hi all, I recently purchased an AMD computer, which has been working fine for a couple of weeks. I got the updates through and thought it wouldn't hurt to update security settings etc..I also had the cumulative updates to install..in particular KB4589212 for x64 based...
  5. Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop: It has been more than a month since the windows 2004 update and my laptop and myself going mad. I have lost hours of work. I have disabled Windows search index to mitigate the effect on disk utilisation this continuously run at 100%. It was settled for a while but update...
  6. Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot: Hi, I recently installed the most up to date patch for windows 10 and I can no longer boot. I have about 16 hours in troubleshooting this. It started with a blue screen Stop Code: 0xc000021a . I tried to restore and it failed. I tried to uninstall the update but was...
  7. Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop

Windows 10 Update System Removal caused reboot loop: A recent Microsoft update evidently had a problem and when the system on my ASUS Windows 10 laptop tried to remove it then my machine went into a reboot loop trying to undo the update. I've tried everything on the internet to try hard reboot 3 times, tried putting Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 update causing BSOD, slow performance for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update causing BSOD, slow performance for some users: Microsoft released a batch of new Windows Updates that cause massive problems for some users. The recent ‘bug-fixing’ updates pushed out by the company could be one of the worst yet, resulting in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) errors, performance issues, and other bugs....
  9. Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates are causing major issues for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update and June 2020 cumulative updates are causing a host of problems yet again, with users reporting several issues including problems with Google Chrome and desktop UI over the past few days. Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has...
  10. Update causing continuous reboot loop

Update causing continuous reboot loop: After installing the latest 10 update (which seemed huge and extra slow to dl) my PC is stuck continuously rebooting before desktop is reached. And before you ask again, No it doesn't reach desktop status & also No I shouldn't need/have to download windows from another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cumulative update causing my PC to keep reboot

2. windows 10 update 1089 loop