Windows 10: Windows 10 Cumulative update issues - can anyone help?

Discus and support Windows 10 Cumulative update issues - can anyone help? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm hoping somebody might be able to advise me on an issue I'm having. I'm not the most techy so I'm hoping I can explain it accurately. It seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jaygon, Feb 14, 2016.

1. jaygon Win User

Windows 10 Cumulative update issues - can anyone help?

I'm hoping somebody might be able to advise me on an issue I'm having. I'm not the most techy so I'm hoping I can explain it accurately.

It seems to be (from what I have discovered) linked to the Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.

Issue 1 began on the 28/01/16 as soon as Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262) was installed

I noticed that there was now a delay of about 30-40 seconds between switching the laptop on and the Windows log in screen appearing. During this time is the annoying rotating circle.
    Then once my username and password were entered, there was another longer delay (complete with rotating circle) before taking me to the desktop.

Issue 2 began a few days later when Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) was installed. I no longer had access to the windows start menu (I had to right click) or the Action menu. Issue 1 also persisted.

I did some googling and discovered that these issues may be because of the updates themselves (not installing properly) and found the page for a manual download for (KB3135173)

I'm just wondering if I did the right thing. I uninstalled (manually) both the Cumulative and security Updates for (KB3124262) and (KB3135173) and manually reinstalled (KB3135173) .

I now have access to my Windows start bar and action centre again but the slow start up persists. I'm just hoping I did the right thing. Was it ok to uninstall both the Cumulative and Security update for the earlier (KB3124262)? I was guessing that it would all be covered in the new installation for(KB3135173).

I just hope I haven't made matters worse and really can't figure out why the booting up is still so slow.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to have to do a restore on windows as I'll lose all my third party apps etc.

Jay

:)

jaygon, Feb 14, 2016
  2. EA2015 Win User

Error code 0x80075057 trying to do Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511,10586

Security updates and cumulative updates are all installing successfully but not the subject upgrade or "GDRDU: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172985)."

Does anyone know what I can do to get this working?

EA2015, Feb 14, 2016
  3. danbruce Win User
    Windows Cumulative Update

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985) - Error 0x80246002

I continue to get this error when installing the cumulative update. All prior windows updates have installed without incident.

Can anyone help?

danbruce, Feb 14, 2016
  4. jaygon Win User

I should also add that when it finally does get to the desktop.....there is yet another delay and spinning small blue circle before apps are launched. (they finally all flicker) I don't even have that many of them. It really seems like the OS is delaying as it is doing something.....and all of this suddenly in the past two weeks.

jaygon, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Cumulative update issues - can anyone help? - Similar Threads - Cumulative update issues

2. Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?: There's a PowerShell command I use to start updating an excel file very morning. It worked until yesterday, when I got a Windows update. Since then, I can't do it.The commands I run:$excel = new-object -comobject excel.application$workbook =...
  3. Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?: There's a PowerShell command I use to start updating an excel file very morning. It worked until yesterday, when I got a Windows update. Since then, I can't do it.The commands I run:$excel = new-object -comobject excel.application$workbook =...
  4. Windows 10 pro update Can anyone help?

Windows 10 pro update Can anyone help?: Hi if anyone can help it would make my weekend.My Windows update page is blank since the update offer to go to Windows 11. I cannot upgrade to Windows 11.Since the PC checker my update page is blank and looks like it is trying to load up but never does.I have followed so many...
  5. Windows 10 pro update Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro update Can anyone help?: Hi if anyone can help it would make my weekend.My Windows update page is blank since the update offer to go to Windows 11. I cannot upgrade to Windows 11.Since the PC checker my update page is blank and looks like it is trying to load up but never does.I have followed so many...
  6. Windows 10 pro update Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can anyone help with this issue ?

Can anyone help with this issue ?: Can anyone help me fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-with-this-issue/7642a8f7-6545-4737-8f03-b72cc7d9fe7a
  8. Can Anyone help me with this this directX issue/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can Anyone help me with this this directX issue/: [ATTACH] Im having problems running Final Fantasy XIV In direct X 11 I have never had this problem before ever with the game. I have tried using the windows DirectX End-user runtime as the popup suggested but it keeps saying that my PC is up to date but i still cant...
  9. Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Anyone Help With This (tech but not a windows issue): Can anyone throw any light on this for me… I recently received some (expected) data from a company (known to me) on a sponsors ‘giveaway’ 1GB USB stick. This data was (or should have been) just 5 JPG files within a folder. Upon plugging in the USB device, there was a much...
  10. Can Anyone Help With Keyboard Issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can Anyone Help With Keyboard Issue?: I think this maybe a common issue, but haven't yet found a fix:-( I've just bought a new USB keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX (not RGB) On cold startup of the PC (not hot reset), the keyboard no longer works (although still receives USB power as red LEDs on). Works fine if I...