Windows 10: Windows 10 Custom Image Problem.

Discus and support Windows 10 Custom Image Problem. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have just created a custom Windows 10 image, sysprep'd and then captured it. However, we are experiencing issues after deploying the image and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by macit26, Jun 22, 2016.

1. macit26 Win User

Windows 10 Custom Image Problem.

We have just created a custom Windows 10 image, sysprep'd and then captured it.

However, we are experiencing issues after deploying the image and then joining to the domain. Once joined to the domain and logged in with a domain user account, when you reboot the computer sticks on "Please wait for Local Session Manager" when starting up again and never gets to the log-in screen. It is possible to RDP onto the machine while it is stuck with the above message. If we only log in as a local user this works fine, the problem only starts happening after the first login with a domain account.

When RDP'd onto the machine we can de-join the domain and reboot and the problem goes away until we re-join the domain again.

This is happening on every machine we deploy to.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated...

:)

macit26, Jun 22, 2016

2. Can I uninstall Windows 10 64bit and load the 32bit instead.

Yes, you will have to perform a custom install if you decide to downgrade to 32 bit Windows 10. If your machine has supported drivers for Windows 10 32 bit, it should not be a problem.

Just in case, perform a backup before initiating the custom install:

[*]How
    to: Create a system image in Windows 10

[*]How
    to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device

Follow instructions for performing a custom install:

How to: Perform a custom installation of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Jun 22, 2016
  3. custom Refresh Image and create System image

You tell me I can which is good to know but exactly how?

Jon

JonAChristopherson, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Is your server / domain controller running an older version of Windows Server (2003 or 2008)? If yes sometimes it's really this simple: on affected Windows 10 workstations, sign in with a local user, disable Remote Assistance, sign out, sign in with domain credentials.

I am not saying this solves your issue; I am just suggesting something worth to try.

Windows 10 Custom Image Problem. [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Custom Image Problem. - Similar Threads - Custom Image Problem

2. Fail to prepare Windows 10 custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to prepare Windows 10 custom image.: Hello everyone. I am new to working with Windows, and I am trying to learn how to set up custom images in order to make the configuration process a little more streamlined.I followed this Microsoft guide that seems to be exactly what I am looking for, and everything works...
  3. Fail to prepare Windows 10 custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fail to prepare Windows 10 custom image.: Hello everyone. I am new to working with Windows, and I am trying to learn how to set up custom images in order to make the configuration process a little more streamlined.I followed this Microsoft guide that seems to be exactly what I am looking for, and everything works...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Custom Image Licencing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Custom Image Licencing: Hello, If I was to create a custom windows 10 ISO file to get rid of un-needed bloatware & other files - is there any licencing restrictions against this? or is it allowed to be customised with its current windows 10 pro licence. Any links to this etc? Any help/advice on...
  5. Making Windows 10 custom installation image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making Windows 10 custom installation image: Hi All, I Was wondering if anyone can help and put me in the right direction with an easy to follow tutorial/video. I want to create a custom image which I can put on a USB drive that I simply run and leave to connects to the wifi, domain and things similar. I would...
  6. Custom Windows 10 Setup Image Background

Custom Windows 10 Setup Image Background: Hello Everyone, I was wondering if it was possible to change the background during the setup of a Windows Installation. Or somehow make it so it's not showing anything on the screen as the installation is taking place with an autounattend file. I will be using a Windows Pro...
  7. Making Windows 10 custom installation image

Making Windows 10 custom installation image: I want to customize Windows 10 image for installing in university PCs. I need some built in applications and programs to be part of that Windows image (Like Google chrome browser, Matlab application, etc). How can I make one?? I would be really glad for your suggestions....
  8. Makking Windows 10 custom installation image

Makking Windows 10 custom installation image: I want to customize Windows 10 image for installing in university PCs. I need some built in applications and programs to be part of that Windows image (Like Google chrome browser, Matlab application, etc). How can I make one?? I would be really glad for your suggestions....
  9. Custom image problems

Custom image problems: I have a problem with deploying a new windows 10 pro custom image . when the syspreped image is currently deployed and a domain user logs on after the domain\administrator account the user profile doesn't appear to create properly and the web browser does not open except if...
  10. Create Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10: How to: Create Custom Recovery Image in Windows 10 How to Create a Custom Recovery Image used to Refresh Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10130 released on May 29th 2015. The "C:\Windows\System32\recimg.exe" file...