Windows 10: Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, I have a small but annoying problem that I have been ignoring since the beginning of 2018! I have created custom shortcuts e.g. control+ F1,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TSalib, Aug 11, 2018.

1. TSalib Win User

Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

hello,

I have a small but annoying problem that I have been ignoring since the beginning of 2018!

I have created custom shortcuts e.g. control+ F1, F2 etc. to launch different programs.

When I start or restart my computer and I am at the desktop screen [wallpaper screen] and no programs running, none of the custom shortcuts work!

However when I start ANY program e.g. notepad Firefox or file Explorer, the custom shortcuts works flawlessly!

After closing all programs and returning to desktop, the shortcuts stops working again!

I hope I managed to explain my problem clearly. And I hope there is a solution out there.

Thank you

:)

TSalib, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop

1. Windows 10 custom shortcut not working In desktop - Similar Threads - custom shortcut working

2. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  3. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcuts not working: Have researched and tried various possibilities without success to resolve the problem.Windows 10.Have a fair number of shortcuts on my desktop.A few are now not working.Specifically when I pick on a particular shortcut now opens a new Google Tab where a few shortcuts are now...
  4. Desktop shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  6. New custom shortcut keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New custom shortcut keys are not working.: Custom shortcut keys created by making shortcut of a folder/app and going to properties->shortcut keys are not working. There are no error massage. The system just doesn't respond. Shortcuts made before are working fine but new shortcuts are not. sfc, dism and also safe boot...
  7. Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?

Why are custom Keyboard Shortcuts, for Desktop Shortcuts, so slow to execute?: It takes at least 2-3 seconds for my applications to open when pressing a custom Keyboard Shortcut I configure for Desktop Shortcuts.This issue is recurrent on 3 computers I use Windows 10.I've read multiple articles, forums and posts but I haven't found any useful...
  8. Custom Shortcuts not working in Windows 10

Custom Shortcuts not working in Windows 10: I've worked in Windows 7 until just recently and heavily relied on Windows shortcuts Ctrl-Alt-1 to Ctrl-Alt-6 to quickly switch between my Putty session windows, I simply had the 6 shortcuts on my desktop and added the shortcut within properties. I cannot however get this...
  9. Virtual Desktops - Custom Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktops - Custom Shortcuts: It seems windows doesn't have a feature to have different shortcuts for the virtual desktops. If it's possible can someone recommend a program I can customize my virtual desktops to have different shortcuts. For example I would like Desktop 1 to be clean and then Desktop 2...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shortcuts not working on desktop

2. windows 10 custom shortcuts not working

3. windows 10 costum shortcuts not working

4. microsoft custom shortcuts not working