Windows 10: Windows 10 Custom Themes

Discus and support Windows 10 Custom Themes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If i install third party themes can i take sfc and DISM errors? 45896 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Be4stElectrjc, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Custom Themes

If i install third party themes can i take sfc and DISM errors?

:)

Be4stElectrjc, Mar 31, 2016

2. Wallpaper

Hi,

Creating a customized theme in Windows 10 has been made easier since it comes pre-loaded with a bunch of default themes. For us to provide you with the appropriate resolution for your wallpaper concern, supply more details by answering these questions:

• Which Windows 10 version are you using?
    • Are you attempting to create a custom theme for your Edge browser, or just create a custom desktop theme in Windows 10?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Is the ability to customize themes gone in windows 10?

Original Title: windows 10 themes

is the ability to customize themes gone in windows 10?

i upgraded today, downloaded a theme but the customization options like the timing, colour, images and sounds are gone from the bottom.

Windows 10 Custom Themes [​IMG]

MichaelSinglehurst, Mar 31, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Windows 10 Custom Themes

If MS ever fixes those commands, probably not! It'll probably 'nuke' your setup.

Edwin, Mar 31, 2016
  5. I will do an image of my system.

Be4stElectrjc, Mar 31, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Good idea!
    Bear in mind, patching, (if that's what you intend), does not work on Builds higher than 10586.
    On Build 14295, I've resorted to using 'Windows Blinds'.

Edwin, Mar 31, 2016
  7. I'm on 10586 and i am not used to use preview build, windows has too problems just with the official builds.

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Windows 10 Custom Themes

hehe, you got a point there! *Smile

Anyway, I can't endorse you messin around with your system but, if you're going to do it anyway, you better do your homework on it and back everything up.
    Good luck. *Wink

Edwin, Apr 1, 2016
  9. In 7 had only custom themes, it's time to begin even here*Smile

10. Hopachi Win User
    W7 was a different story, it had no auto-heal capabilities. Not at this level, in any case.

Hopachi, Apr 1, 2016
  11. So Win 10 is it even less risky than 7 operating with third party themes?

12. Cliff S New Member
    Noooo.

He means The OS heals itself to some extent automatically. Where Win7 was "forgiving" of mistakes, Win10 is pro active and blocks/prohibits more.

For example UXStyle will break Performance Monitor in Win7, in Win8.1, it will break Performance Monitor and Star Screens right click menu. In the earlier builds of Win 10 it broke these and caused "Ghosting" when moving, closing and minimizing an open window.

Now it just doesn't work at all. and if you run SFC(to uninstall it, because it doesn't work) it nukes your system.

For a Shell(theme) patcher to work, it uses system32. But... system32 programs & apps are being phased out and being replaced with XAML , so the registry keys and files it needs, just are not there to patch.

You will need a shell replacement or as in the case of Blinds a shell cover, it works like Vinyl Wrapping for cars.

Windows 10 Custom Themes [​IMG]

Cliff S, Apr 1, 2016
  13. Windows 10 Custom Themes

Will give a try on an expendable PC, i will do an image of an old 98% empty Win 10 10586 PC in my home.

Be4stElectrjc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Custom Themes

1. Windows 10 Custom Themes - Similar Threads - Custom Themes

2. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  3. Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my theme reset to custom dual-monitor setup upon reboot?: So I made a new theme for my dual-monitor setup and saved it RM. Nothing too fancy, just colors and wallpapers. But upon switching off the PC and starting it again, the current theme sets to "custom" and not my saved theme "RM". The "custom" theme settings are identical...
  4. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd: I go to pesonalize > make changes to color, background etc. to an existing "custom theme" > hit "Save Theme" button > "Save your theme" and "name your theme" appears with space and text cursor blinking, so far so good, BUT.... when I try to type the name > nothing happens !!!...
  5. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd: I go to pesonalize > make changes to color, background etc. to an existing "custom theme" > hit "Save Theme" button > "Save your theme" and "name your theme" appears with space and text cursor blinking, so far so good, BUT.... when I try to type the name > nothing happens !!!...
  6. Windows 10 Pesonalization issue: Custom Themes can not be SAVEd

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Are custom themes really malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are custom themes really malware?: I've been considering downloading UXThemePatcher in order to use Windows 10 with a full dark theme Making Control Panel, Task Manager, etc dark but I'm wondering if it is indeed malware since VirusTotal says it is.I know it's not advised to modify system settings like how...
  8. Are custom themes really malware?

Are custom themes really malware?: I've been considering downloading UXThemePatcher in order to use Windows 10 with a full dark theme Making Control Panel, Task Manager, etc dark but I'm wondering if it is indeed malware since VirusTotal says it is.I know it's not advised to modify system settings like how...
  9. Are custom themes really malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Will Windows 11 allow installing my own Windows 10 Custom Themes?

Will Windows 11 allow installing my own Windows 10 Custom Themes?: This IS NOT about "how to customize your themes." Way back to Windows 98, I have created and backed up my own detailed themes with special color codes, fonts, slide shows, etc.--one for each month of the year. Then with every new version of Windows, I've been able to copy my...