Windows 10: Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

Discus and support Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On windows 10 I was trying to look at how much data I've used in the past 30 days through Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage. Sadly it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kitti, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Kitti Win User

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing?

On windows 10 I was trying to look at how much data I've used in the past 30 days through Settings > Network & Internet > Data Usage. Sadly it only shows that I have used absolutely no internet whatsoever. Screenshot - 0c04b46105474f4907bef4e9245bf05a - Gyazo If I click on usage details it simply just states that my system has used 0mbs. I am using NBN and have checked that I have metered connection disabled and my network is public. I'm really lost from this point on, any and all help would be appreciated.

:)

Kitti, Nov 11, 2016

2. Account sign in problem in my phone

Hi, AnshumanSahoo. If you are using a Windows Phone 8, check if the Data Sense settings are not restricting your internet usage. Make sure that you have not reached your data limit. From the Start screen, swipe left to the app list > Data Sense > Restrict
    background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming > Off. Also, check that the date+time are correctly set on the phone. Let us know if this helps.

HDcoffeeko, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update

This is becoming a daily problem and my data usage is at 21 gb I need a fix asap

problem is window 10 update assistant never installs correctly I have tried three time to reinstall windows and revert back to original copy.

update for windows 10 version 1607 for x64 based systems (kb4049411)

MichaelKane2, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Hi Kitti welcome to Ten Forums, if you open up task manager does it show anything in the App history tab?

Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Kitti Win User
    No, it shows that nothing is using data.

Kitti, Nov 11, 2016
  6. Kitti Win User
    Kitti, Nov 11, 2016
  7. Kitti Win User
    All of the apps it's showing in the list are apps that I don't use, is the problem that it isn't recording the data usage of the apps that I use? and if so is there a way to add them in?

Kitti, Nov 11, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

This is a hard one*Shock

Do you have your "Background apps turned on in Privacy?

Cliff S, Nov 11, 2016
  9. Kitti Win User
    Yeah, all those apps are on, I'm really confused.

Kitti, Nov 11, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Someone once deleted his C:\Windows\System32\sru folder and it stopped recording data usage.
    Can you open File Explore and copy & paste that address in, give permission to open it, and see if these files are in there:

Actually deleting these files, resets data usage, and they should be recreated, but his system had a hiccup I guess*Sad

A bit more information on this is here: Network Data Usage - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You also might want to try asking there, and maybe @Brink can help.

Cliff S, Nov 11, 2016
  11. Kitti Win User
    All of those files are there, unlucky I guess, I don't have any real need I was just interested in how much data I use a month, thanks for trying to help!

Kitti, Nov 11, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, maybe when Brink comes online(he's from Oklahoma and it's still a little before 5am there), he might have an idea, as I tagged his name, so he'll get notified about this post.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Data Usage Not Correctly Showing? - Similar Threads - Data Usage Correctly

2. Data Usage Not Showing In Windows 11 And Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage Not Showing In Windows 11 And Windows 10: I Have Try To Upgrade Windows From Windows 10 To Windows 11but it still wont show data usage, i've search on microsoft answer but still not solved, i have run troubleshoot but doesn't work...
  3. Data Usage Not Showing In Windows 11 And Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Usage Not Showing In Windows 11 And Windows 10: I Have Try To Upgrade Windows From Windows 10 To Windows 11but it still wont show data usage, i've search on microsoft answer but still not solved, i have run troubleshoot but doesn't work...
  4. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  5. Data Usage not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage not showing up: As seen in the picture, my data usage has not been showing up for the last 19 days. Please tell me ways to fix this as I am on a limited data plan and would really love to be able to see how much data I've used so I can manage my usage...
  6. Data Usage not correctly showing

Data Usage not correctly showing: I've been monitoring my data usage for 4 days now. I've reset daily several times throughout a single day as well. I used 79Gb yesterday alone, for reference to the amount of data being seen. The List of Apps, however, showed that I had used 56Gb on PlaystationNow, 8Gb on...
  7. Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]

Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]: When I open task manager, I can see the data usage under the performance tab but not under the processes tab it definitely shouldn't be on 0% nor in Settings -> Network -> Data Usage, which looks actually bugged. I already tried resetting network settings. ******* Third...
  8. Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Data Usage not showing [Bug?]: When I open task manager, I can see the data usage under the performance tab (https://imgur.com/GwS00Ir) but not under the processes tab (https://imgur.com/lADkIVA, it definitely shouldn't be on 0%) nor in Settings -> Network -> Data Usage, which looks actually bugged (video...
  9. Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Data Usage does not seem to show correct amount of usage: I'm using Win10. I'm using a dongle to connect to the Internet. I topped up my data plan to 54 GB several days ago. I also went: SETTINGS > NETWORK & INTERNET > DATA USAGE and re-set it. Please, see the images below! They should be self-explanatory. My I. S. P. shows -- I...
  10. Data usage is not showing correct info!

Data usage is not showing correct info!: i'm using windows 10 1709 and i'm trying to keep track of data usage but data usage in setting obviously not showing the correct info. i've tried reset usage then i again tested and still not showing the correct info. anyone else faced this problem? is this a bug or something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usage data is not showing in windows 10