Windows 10: Windows 10 Dec Update - Black Screen & Busy Circle

Discus and support Windows 10 Dec Update - Black Screen & Busy Circle in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 just attempted to do the automatic install of the December updates. It went fine, got through the messages with the changing brightness blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rhhollin, Dec 10, 2015.

1. rhhollin Win User

Windows 10 Dec Update - Black Screen & Busy Circle

Windows 10 just attempted to do the automatic install of the December updates. It went fine, got through the messages with the changing brightness blue screens until after the "We are almost done" message (or something like that), after which it went to a black screen with a busy cursor and has stayed there for several hours. Any ideas on solutions would be appreciated!

Running a Dell Studio XPS 9100, WIndows 10 Home via the free update, 64 bit

:)

rhhollin, Dec 10, 2015
  2. hughdm Win User

Windows 10 looping endlessly after starting

I just installed Windows 10 on my laptop. When I log in, it goes to a screen that shows my background picture and windows 10 trimmings. The mouse pointer shows the "wait I'm busy" circle for about 2 seconds, the screen goes black, and then comes back on
    to the "wait, I'm busy" circle again. This occurs endlessly until I shut down. What's next?

hughdm, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Keith1904 Win User
    Windows update stuck

Hello!

On windows 10, Just did fall creators update, computer had black screen with loading circle which did not progress, restarted computer and now black screen with windows logo but no spinning circle. What should I do ? Thanks

Keith1904, Dec 10, 2015
  4. XxLevyxX Win User

hey, that's very unfortunate but I think you should just leave your laptop alone for a while.

Don't switch it off or try to interfere with the installation process, I believe (hope) it will eventually load.

P.S. I just came on the forums to post that after the update my mouse pointer disappeared. The touchpad works....but just no pointer.... which is extremely annoying. Finding the submit reply button gonna take a will to actually find DX

XxLevyxX, Dec 15, 2015
  5. redvette Win User
    I too had a busy curser, clock not working, screen blanking, internet not connecting, etc etc. The culprit was Java Update Scheduler. I had processing lines one after the other in Task Manager. I disabled the Scheduler in my startup. So far no busy curser and everything
    seems to be working well. I running win 10 pro with all the updates on my Asus laptop.

redvette, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Dec Update - Black Screen & Busy Circle - Similar Threads - Dec Update Black

2. Black screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with loading circle: After using my Lenovo Idepad Flex 51 laptop, I asked it to Update and Restart. After 5 mins or so, I saw a black screen, assumed it had not restarted, so I used the power button. All I have now is a black screen and a loading circle that keeps clicking to a cursor. It will...
  3. Black screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with loading circle: After using my Lenovo Idepad Flex 51 laptop, I asked it to Update and Restart. After 5 mins or so, I saw a black screen, assumed it had not restarted, so I used the power button. All I have now is a black screen and a loading circle that keeps clicking to a cursor. It will...
  4. Black circle in the middle of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black circle in the middle of screen: Disclaimer: This forum would not let me upload any pictures?Screen Shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmJ6IfRjKhXQvDecONrwm-pDOxi6vp5x/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17tnoCRcsoyAe5Ez4wFV-UZ111w1c7DBE/view?usp=sharingAfter the latest round of Windows 10...
  5. Black Screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen with loading circle: I updated my computer before I turned it off. It updated our Window's 10 to Windows 11, which my husband did not want due to issues when gaming. He tired the option to restore computer the computer to before the update and now we have a black screen with a loading circle. I...
  6. Black Screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with loading circle: I updated my computer before I turned it off. It updated our Window's 10 to Windows 11, which my husband did not want due to issues when gaming. He tired the option to restore computer the computer to before the update and now we have a black screen with a loading circle. I...
  7. Black Screen with loading circle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  9. Windows 10 black screen with black circle spinning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 black screen with black circle spinning: I have a gateway desktop computer(I know...I know) that did some type of update yesterday, the screen is black and has the microsoft wheel spinning, I have hard killed the computer, rebooted it,waited for the black screen with spinning circle to show up, kill it again, I did...
  10. Windiws 10 black screen with black circle spinning

in Windows 10 Support
    Windiws 10 black screen with black circle spinning: I have a gateway desktop computer(I know...I know) that did some type of update yesterday, the screen is black and has the microsoft wheel spinning, I have hard killed the computer, rebooted it,waited for the black screen with spinning circle to show up, kill it again, I did...