Windows 10: Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed

Discus and support Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Win 10 Home and all windows 10 apps like store, xbox app, photos etc everything forecloses. Have already tried both the methods as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frankymerc, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed

I'm using Win 10 Home and all windows 10 apps like store, xbox app, photos etc everything forecloses.

Have already tried both the methods as mentioned by you a couple of times - but no luck.

Method 1 wsreset.exe returns the following error: ms-windows-storeWindows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed :purgeCaches

Method 2 Re-register - did not help.

Have also tried sfc /scannow

error - finding corrupt files but can't repair

Have also tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth error 0x800f0906

Please find attached CBS AND DISM Log files.

:)

frankymerc, Sep 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - Everything Fails

I'm using Win 10 Home and all windows 10 apps like store, xbox app, photos etc everything forecloses.

Wsreset failed, sfc /scannow and dism also failed.

Need help immediately. Also resintalled widows 10 however the same problem persists.

Frankymerc, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - Everything Fails

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the details below.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

If you haven’t tried clearing the cache, please follow the method.

Method 1: Clear the Store Cache

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if that helps:

• Press the “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.

• Type “wsreset.exe” and press “Enter”.

• Reboot the computer and then check if you are able to open the Windows Store and all the other apps on the computer.

If that doesn’t help, then you may try re-registering the Windows Store App by following the instructions given below and check if you are able to open the Store.

Method 2: Re-register the Windows Store App

• To re-register, please try these steps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys on the keyboard and type “cmd” in the search box.

• Right click on the “Command Prompt” icon from the search results and select “Run as administrator

• On the command prompt window, copy and paste the following command, and then press “Enter
    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Check the result displayed on the command prompt window.

• If it was successfully processed, then type “Exit” and press “Enter”.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed

What do you mean by foreclose? I don't understand what that is?

Ztruker, Sep 15, 2015
  5. By foreclose I mean, when I click an app like xbox app, store, photos, etc, it pops up for a few seconds and crashes immediately without any warning or error.

frankymerc, Sep 15, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Make sure you are using a Microsoft Account and that it is verified - your apps will crash if it is not.

Go to settings > Accounts and make sure you are using a Microsoft account and that it doesn't say "Verify"

For the DISM error see here Repair Corrupt Windows Image - Error 0x800f0906

(the SFC error is fsquirt.exe which seems to be your Bluetooth driver but fixing DISM should let me be downloaded from Windows update). Once DISM is fixed reboot and run SFC again.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed

1. Windows 10 Default Apps Foreclose - All Methods Failed - Similar Threads - Default Apps Foreclose

2. Apps not updating tried all methods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not updating tried all methods: G'day been a bit frustrated because my apps won't download and won't update in the microsoft store. I restart the app, I've cleared cache App>Microsoft Store>Advanced I clicked both repair and reset, I've tried logging out and back in, nothing seems to work. The laptop I'm...
  3. Apps not updating tried all methods

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not updating tried all methods: G'day been a bit frustrated because my apps won't download and won't update in the microsoft store. I restart the app, I've cleared cache App>Microsoft Store>Advanced I clicked both repair and reset, I've tried logging out and back in, nothing seems to work. The laptop I'm...
  4. Apps not updating tried all methods

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. All methods fail when trying to update windows 10 > 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All methods fail when trying to update windows 10 > 11: Based on suggestions posted for my original issue 1st 3 images here:I tried running windows 11 installation assistant which failed with the following message:I then tried running windows 11 installation assistant to create a USB ISO image with this error message: Suggestions...
  6. All methods fail when trying to update windows 10 > 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All methods fail when trying to update windows 10 > 11: Based on suggestions posted for my original issue 1st 3 images here:I tried running windows 11 installation assistant which failed with the following message:I then tried running windows 11 installation assistant to create a USB ISO image with this error message: Suggestions...
  7. All methods fail when trying to update windows 10 > 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What happens when all methods for the Windows Store fail?: As the titles states, I have a game purchased through the Windows Store, Forza Horizon 5. No matter what I do, I can't get the Store to download the game. Consistently, I get error 0x803FB107, which seems to be a common problem. I've reset the store, cleared cache, logged...
  9. Windows menu dead, all repair methods fail.

Windows menu dead, all repair methods fail.: My issue: About a week or two ago Windows 10 applied a patch that broke the Windows Menu and a few other critical features. Everything else works perfectly. I have a commercial tool Stablebit's Scanner that I used to verify that my physical disks and circuitry used to...
  10. All Windows 1809 Update methods fail

All Windows 1809 Update methods fail: Hi - I have tried all methods of updates that I know about and the update fails every time. Error such as "This PC cannot run Windows 10, please contact your manufacturer about updating the BIOS" - my PC is a (nearly) brand new HP X360 with Intel / AMD i7 Radeon 8705...