Windows 10: Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage

Discus and support Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First some background. I'm using since long Malwarebytes protection programme. Since some time, this programme also provides antivirus protection. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoëlCourtheyn, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage

First some background.

I'm using since long Malwarebytes protection programme.

Since some time, this programme also provides antivirus protection.

I noticed since beginning of 2018 that the antimalware service executable of windows defender was often consuming a lot of memory and cpu capacity.

I was not aware that this could possibly be due to an unwanted interference with the antivirus protection of windows defender, which was also active.

To fix the problem, I examined windows defender data in the taskscheduler problem, according a tip found on the web.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledg...utable-high-disk-usage-windows-10-8-7-solved/

I found however 2 entries of windows defender, one under windows, and one separately (see resp.[1] and [2] on SCHEME below)

In the scheduled scan under [1] windows\windows defender , I adapted some settings according the mentioned tip above.
    (tab general : removing priority an tab condition : remove all conditions).

Next, I removed the separate entry windows defender [2], thinking it was redundant.

To be allowed to do so, I received a warning to remove first the existing 2 entries :

- defender scheduled scan

- mpIdle

A bit later on, I noticed that the entry [1] of windows defender that I had changed had become empty !

Al info was gone, namely followong 4 lines :

1) windows defender scheduler scan

2) windows defender cache maintenance

3) windows defender cleanup

4 )windows defender verification

I was able to reinstall the 1) windows defender scheduler scan via info found on the web

(https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-defender-mpidletask-task-scheduler-deleted/)

But for the other three entries deleted, I did not found any info.

Next I moved on via windows settings to windows defender overview

I unchecked there the antivirusprotection , and noticed accordingly a change in the overview showing that malwarebytes was now my antivirus provider. I was pleased noticing that.

I remain however a bit concerned about the 3 deletions mendtioned above in the taskscheduler for windows defender.

2) windows defender cache maintenance

3) windows defender cleanup

4 )windows defender verification
    My question is :

Can these deletions have some effects on the normal working of my computer ? (it is my intention to leave the antivirus part of win defector inactive).

If yes, what is the best procedure to solve this (unfortunately I have no restore point).

-------------

SCHEME OF THE TASKSCHEDULER

Task Scheduler (lokaal)

Task Scheduler bibliotheek

apple

microsoft

[1] windows < in subfolder windows defender, I made some changes in one of the 4 entries, namely : scheduled scans

]2] windows defender (I removed this)

defender sched. scan (I removed this)

mpIdle (I removed this)

xblgamesave

wpd

:)

JoëlCourtheyn, Jul 5, 2018
  2. DenetteBoyd-King, Nov 11, 2018
  3. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

HP pavilion Windows 10 home. The process System and compressed memory runs with high cpu usage. The computer is almost frozen and in some cases restarts. I have seen a lot of discussions on this issue. I have tried few things but whithout success. In safe
    mode the computer works well.

Is there an article that presents the steps to be followed to solve this problem?

Adrian_710, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage

1. Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage - Similar Threads - defender high memory

2. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  4. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  5. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  6. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. High Usage Memory Windows Defender

High Usage Memory Windows Defender: Anyone know why my Antimalware Service Executable is high memory usage ? The idle is 300MB+ and if i use the pc it become 400 - 500MB, My windows version is 1909 and always update the windows defender [ATTACH]...
  8. Explorer.exe High Memory & CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Explorer.exe High Memory & CPU usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will cover the various known issues that can cause your Windows File Explorer to show high memory or CPU usage. By following these instructions, you are sure to be able to resolve your problem in Windows [...] This post Explorer.exe High...
  9. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  10. WINDOWS 10 . HIGH CPU, MEMORY AND DISK USAGE

WINDOWS 10 . HIGH CPU, MEMORY AND DISK USAGE: Suddenly I'm having the concerning issue of all programs and processes I run Utilizing absurd amounts of my resources. Having Google Chrome alone open can use up to 60% of my memory, 8-40% CPU and 50% disk space. Opening Minecraft and other games can utilize 100% disk space...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender memory usage

2. windows defender high CPU

3. windows defender high ram usage

4. windows defender high memory usage,
  5. windows defender memory,
  6. windows defender high memory usage windows 10,
  7. windows defender ram usage,
  8. windows defender high ram,
  9. windows defender high cpu windows 10,
  10. windows defender ram,
  11. windows defender high memory,