Windows 10: Windows 10 defender & McAfee

Discus and support Windows 10 defender & McAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Caz, Dec 2, 2016.

1. CAZ
    Caz Win User

Windows 10 defender & McAfee

I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it just comes back on after a while. I don't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere.

:)

2. Query about the usage of Windows defender in place of Mcfee Antivirus in Windows 10

Original title: Mcfee Antivirus & Windows 10

I had Mcafee Antivirus on my Windows 7 computer. I upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 notified me that I do not need Mcafee Antivirus. Do I need uninstall Mcafee? Is Windows defender as good as Mcafee?

JanZakariaie, Dec 2, 2016
  3. windows 8.1 installed, defender deactivated because Mcafee was installed, cannot reserve win 10

That is normal, if you have McAfee or any other third party Anti-Virus installed, it will disable the Windows Defender to prevent conflict.

Does it displays compatibility error for McAfee?

If that is the case, you may try uninstall McAfee and then restart your PC and it should enable Windows Defender and then start upgrade and after you upgrade to Windows 10, either continue using Windows Defender or contact McAfee support and ask them about
    compatibility status with Windows 10, you may refer to:

Unexpected Error

Cyber_Defend_Team, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Bumpkin Win User

I don't have the answer you are looking for, but my advice is to uninstall McAfee and just use Defender.

When setting up a new computer that comes with McAfee I get the first round of updates, then dump McAfee and make sure Defender is running. In most all cases there is a noticeable increase in the speed of the pc.

Bumpkin, Dec 2, 2016
  5. Do as Bumpkin has put but I would uninstall McAfee Straight away also I would also recommend making sure all traces are removed

hTconeM9user, Dec 2, 2016
  6. CAZ
    Caz Win User
    I have been using McAfee for years and this problem has only just appeared.
    A check has just told me SSL is disabled can anyone tell me how to enable it?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 defender & McAfee - Similar Threads - defender McAfee

2. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  3. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  4. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  5. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  6. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  7. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  8. Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?: I purchased McAfee Advanced in July 2023, then in October 2023 Windows Defender automatically installed on my computer. Since then I can't get updates to my payroll service in Quickbooks. Do I need both or can I turn Defender off since I'm paying for the McAfee Advanced. How...
  9. Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?

Do I need McAfee Advanced and Windows Defender both on my computer?: I purchased McAfee Advanced in July 2023, then in October 2023 Windows Defender automatically installed on my computer. Since then I can't get updates to my payroll service in Quickbooks. Do I need both or can I turn Defender off since I'm paying for the McAfee Advanced. How...
  10. How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch from McAfee to Window Defender for antivirus protection: How do I switch from McAfee antivirus protection to Windows Defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-mcafee-to-window-defender-for/fc641720-c141-4dd5-8620-f52e994663cb