Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender not functioning?

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender not functioning? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey my old antivirus expired and now i just want to use defender but it doesnt seem to be an option to turn it on. I uninstalled every other antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gryffon, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Gryffon Win User

Windows 10 Defender not functioning?

Hey my old antivirus expired and now i just want to use defender but it doesnt seem to be an option to turn it on. I uninstalled every other antivirus software completely and ran all sorts of checks for corrupted files and anything else that would cause defender to not work.

for reference, the home page on windows defender security center looks like this which i have no idea if its normal or not

and then my option to turn on real time protection is also greyed out like this:

I have tried just about everything i have found so far that has been offered by support staff before so i added the first screenshot because thats the only thing i hadnt seen someone post in an ask before. if you need any more screenshots feel free to ask i just want this thing working so i dont have to buy another product...

:)

Gryffon, Sep 4, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Defender not functioning?

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender not functioning?

1. Windows 10 Defender not functioning? - Similar Threads - Defender functioning

2. My Windows Security is not functioning properly. Windows Defender displays the message:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Security is not functioning properly. Windows Defender displays the message:...: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop due to a virus. After the factory reset, I attempted to run the Windows scanner, but it is showing this message....
  3. My Windows Security is not functioning properly. Windows Defender displays the message:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Security is not functioning properly. Windows Defender displays the message:...: I recently performed a factory reset on my laptop due to a virus. After the factory reset, I attempted to run the Windows scanner, but it is showing this message....
  4. How do I get more granular control over the function of Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get more granular control over the function of Windows Defender?: An online associate who I have interacted with occasionally for multiple years sent me a ZIP file on Discord for a complex and presumably legitimate purpose, wherein they had been developing a .NET application to help with editing text files for obscure video game modding. I...
  5. How do I get more granular control over the function of Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get more granular control over the function of Windows Defender?: An online associate who I have interacted with occasionally for multiple years sent me a ZIP file on Discord for a complex and presumably legitimate purpose, wherein they had been developing a .NET application to help with editing text files for obscure video game modding. I...
  6. How do I get more granular control over the function of Windows Defender?

7. Does Microsoft Defender Exploit Guard Attack Surface Reduction Rules ASR still function...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does Microsoft Defender Exploit Guard Attack Surface Reduction Rules ASR still function...: Or is it redundant? If not, it would be nice if this was an option to ensure enhanced security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-microsoft-defender-exploit-guard-attack/816b13d2-5f7b-4c9a-9065-d95f4acbb1aa
  8. Windows Defender periodic sccan task's functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender periodic sccan task's functioning: Hi,I am currently using kaspersky endpoint as antivirus. Can i turn on the windows defender's periodic scanning function on settings without affecting kaspersky endpoint's protection?Anna...
  9. Windows Defender periodic sccan task's functioning

Windows Defender periodic sccan task's functioning: Hi,I am currently using kaspersky endpoint as antivirus. Can i turn on the windows defender's periodic scanning function on settings without affecting kaspersky endpoint's protection?Anna...
  10. Windows Defender periodic sccan task's functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade