Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions.

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi so when My PC decided to update to April update it had also updated my Defender definitions to 1.267.615.0. prior. Now after the update every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Redbatman, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions.

Hi so when My PC decided to update to April update it had also updated my Defender definitions to 1.267.615.0. prior.

Now after the update every time I check for the latest defender update it just checks for a few secs and then does nothing and finishes. Even trying to update by command line said "no updates were necessary"

So the only way I was able to get definition update 1.267.643.0 was by downloading it from Microsoft.com

Then it was able to install. But yes anyone else experiencing this too?

:)

Redbatman, Apr 30, 2018
  2. rml123 Win User

Windows Update continually fails

Windows 10, trying to install

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.225.4173.0).

but always comes back with

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.225.4173.0) - Error 0x80070643

rml123, Apr 30, 2018
  3. wjoh5 Win User
    error message

Get error message when doing windows 10 update for defender Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.2042.0) - Error 0x80070003 ???? Don't want a complicated answer if possible thanks Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions. :) i upgraded from win 7 home premium 64
    bit

wjoh5, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions.

Yes, tomorrow all should be fine again. Everybody are celebrating Mayday, I think and the update has not been pushed to WU for some reason.

slicendice, Apr 30, 2018
  5. Redbatman Win User
    Hi so when My PC decided to update to April update it had also updated my Defender definitions to 1.267.615.0. prior.

Now after the update every time I check for the latest defender update it just checks for a few secs and then does nothing and finishes. Even trying to update by command line said "no updates were necessary"

So the only way I was able to get definition update 1.267.643.0 was by downloading it from Microsoft.com

Then it was able to install. But yes anyone else experiencing this too?

:)

Redbatman, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions.

1. Windows 10 Defender not wanting to update definitions. - Similar Threads - Defender wanting update

2. Windows Defender Definitions not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Definitions not Updating: Hi All, I've got a PC in an SCCM environment which is not updating the Windows Defender definitions, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in Administrator CMD and is coming back with error code 0x800f0954. Incase you also need to know this is on Windows 10 version...
  3. Definition updates for Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition updates for Windows Defender: I have three pcs on my home network all running Windows 10. One of them no longer downloads and installs the definition updates for Windows Defender. I worked with a support agent and went through the following steps running the command prompt as administrator: net stop...
  4. Windows Defender Definition Updates

Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  5. Windows Defender definition updates ...

Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  6. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. Updating Defender Definitions.

Updating Defender Definitions.: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-defender-definitions/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  9. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  10. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433