Windows 10: Windows 10 Defender Working BUT GUI Freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 Defender Working BUT GUI Freeze in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Defender with Windows version 1803 and all Defender updates works because Event Log performance by code is evident and successful... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasperRam, Aug 24, 2018.

1. JasperRam Win User

Windows 10 Defender Working BUT GUI Freeze

Windows 10 Pro Defender with Windows version 1803 and all Defender updates works because Event Log performance by code is evident and successful performance evident but GUI icon just freezes when clicked with no access and I have to restart because even Task Manager or any other method will not exit the freeze, I can keep working like the whirling clicked mouse icon is not there but it keeps whirling away no matter what. Tried safe mode, SFC, all updates...on and on. Help me Obi Wan.

:)

JasperRam, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 24, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Defender Working BUT GUI Freeze - Similar Threads - Defender Working GUI

2. No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Gui Boot not working in Windows 10: Hi, I want to enable No Gui boot on my windows 10 laptop HP. When I enable it using msconfig, it works only when I restart my pc or when I disable fast startup. It does not work when I turn on my pc from shutdown. I do not want to disable fast startup....
  3. Windows 10 GUI not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 GUI not Functioning Properly: I'm currently in the middle of building a new pc and for the moment all I am needing is a GPU. While I'm waiting to get my GPU I have been running an ATI Radeon X1300 (old 256Mb graphics card) since I have a Ryzen 7 3700x which doesn't have integrated graphics. When I try to...
  4. No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI/Verbose boot in Windows 10: Hi, Having just done the upgrade to Win10, I've been trying to customize it to my liking. I want to: 1. Change it to a no GUI boot. 2. Change it to verbose (OSinfo) boot. 3 Enable the F8 key during boot. As for number 1, I have tried everything I have found online and...
  5. No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005

in Windows 10 Support
    No GUI Boot selected but not working - 18362.10005: Machine with 18362.10005 When trying to boot without splash screen with any of these methods No GUI Boot does not work. msconfig - Boot tab - No GUI boot checked Clean Boot also with No GUI boot checked Cmd - elevated bcdedit /set “{current}” bootmenupolicy legacy It's...
  6. GUI not launching on Windows 10 start

in Windows 10 Customization
    GUI not launching on Windows 10 start: Whenever I launch Windows 10 the GUI does not start up, but the command prompt does. Entering "explorer" into the command prompt then launches the GUI. I believe this to be due to a registry error, as I was recently facing issues with command prompt and so attempted to reset...
  7. Windows defender freeze - Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender freeze - Windows 10: Hello is it normal that if am scanning pc via windows defender it freeze sometimes? like completely stays still a stops scanning.... it just freeze btw... i have windows 10...
  8. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  9. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886
  10. Windows 10 GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GUI: Is the Windows 10 GUI the same for the free upgrades from Windows 7 and Windows 8? Has the Charms Bar dropped for free upgrades from Windows 8? Just wondering. 15530

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 gui freezes

2. win 10 defender freeze