Windows 10: windows 10 deleted my desktop files, pictures, videos and documents

Discus and support windows 10 deleted my desktop files, pictures, videos and documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To Whom it may concern, So when this happened I found all my files, I relocated them to whence they originally resided. This is before I found this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Purrin, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Purrin Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files, pictures, videos and documents

To Whom it may concern,

So when this happened I found all my files, I relocated them to whence they originally resided. This is before I found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-deleted-my-desktop-files/c667b0b5-4e6c-4189-b136-746b84009d0b . Now I don't turn my pc off normally because I'm house bound with a blood bacteria, so my works hrs and sleep are erratic. My cpu overheating during a game is the only reason I hit the reset button this week. Windows hadn't mentioned an update at all in my notifications beforehand which I check regularly especially for updates. Anyways after I suffered the shock, found my files, put them back in their respective places, especially on the desktop, the same way I have used all my pc's since windows 3.1. Sadly I then thought I'd let my pc have a rest while I slept. Only to wake to find everything had been deleted. All my work, all my designs, all of my coding. And Yes you're probably thinking by now "Oh you can just rollback with a system restore and start this vicious cycle again" But alas no restore points to be found, Thank you avast... Now I'm not rich, my pension barely keeps me going with rent and my specialized diet, It took me 3 yrs to save up for a 1070ti I don't have any of it on hard drives cos all the ones I did own before I was afflicted are full, there's been no reason to worry about atks from outside sources because I do noting nefarious. Sadly I really didn't see this coming. I can't afford a tablet pc, so all this half-assery (no offence intended) that has gone into making this solitary hybridized operating system is wasted on myself and anyone that can't afford to move with the times, especially when most optimizations go towards the tablet side of things while taking away from the non tablet side of things in "Unforeseen" ways on quite a repetitive basis. I've been with windows since I was 4 or 5, my entire life has been on windows and I've always found solace in that. I know there's nothing you can do to help me get everything back, I know the people that work at windows in todays "day and age" will just keep avalanching these choices and have enough money in their pockets to keep moving with the times and are just merely optimizing to suit their tech better because they honestly believe that's the way to go in their minds for everyone else. So my question and if possible assistance needed is as follows:

Can you please please please "from someone who has defended windows since they could walk" bring back the ability to stop updates when someone is happy with the stability of a current version of windows ?

This is just a yes or no question, I don't need a anything more, nor any of your quick fix pasties that seem to be favoured in these customer assistance areas of windows. That ability to stop updates at stable points, allows the varied users to maintain respect for windows by showing they're thinking of them if they choose to use the feature,while also allowing Windows hired new blood to keep making their optimizations and improvements as they see fit for the rest of the world and the company. Noone would be stepping on anyones toes. And for the whole windows defender side of things, you aren't idiots, and it's not hard to make it more applicable no matter what version of windows 10 people may have paused updates at.

Anyways I still love windows but right now, with all the equations and coding and 3d designs, my library I've collected over decades, I quite frankly at the moment just feel like drowning myself in the bathtub. So please answer the simple yes/no question with a yes or no and take the rest as food for thought.

Yours Sincerely and Faithfully Purrin

:)

Purrin, Aug 27, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 printing issue while printing picture from Document files.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in printer settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot print a picture from my Documents file", are you trying to print a picture present in a word document file or trying to print a picture on Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about printer related issues and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4-6025-dcc1-3aefaa14ab40/fix-printer-problems

Please get back to us with an update on issue with printing pictures in document file on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

when i delete a file from my desktop on windows 10 it also deletes the file on in my documents to the recycle bin then i have recover it and also puts the file back on my desktop

Hi Roy,

If the file that you're trying to delete from the desktop is a shortcut sync from
    Documents folder, it would also be deleted. But if the file from the desktop is only a copy, that would not be a problem. It will not affect the file from Documents folder. To view the file location, try these steps:

• Right click the file.
    • Select "Open file location".
    • Windows will open the folder and highlight the original file.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

***If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.***

Ryan Mon1, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 deleted my desktop files, pictures, videos and documents - Similar Threads - deleted desktop files

2. OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleted all Documents/Pictures: I was wondering if there is anyway aside from a recovery program e.g., Recuva, Windows File Recovery to recovery my files?Here is what happened...I installed OneDrive business on my personal computer. OneDrive now automatically backs up your Documents and Pictures --...
  3. STUPID ONEDRIVE BACKUP DELETED AAAALLLLL OF MY FILES IN DESKTOP, PICTURES, AND DOCUMENTS.

STUPID ONEDRIVE BACKUP DELETED AAAALLLLL OF MY FILES IN DESKTOP, PICTURES, AND DOCUMENTS.: WHAT IS THE ONEDRIVE BACKUP??? I DELETED ALL MY FILES IN DOCUMENTS PICTURES AND DESKTOP FULL OF MY SCHOOL DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RESTORE MY FILES PLEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
  4. Windows update removed my desktop, documents and pictures! HELP!!!

Windows update removed my desktop, documents and pictures! HELP!!!: I kept getting notices while working to reboot for an update. Once my work was completed, I allowed the restart. After many reboots, I was able to get back in. Initially, my MS pin wasn't recognized but I was able to get in! Once the desktop finished loading, I noticed none...
  5. Unable to delete or move files in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder

Unable to delete or move files in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder: Hello, I am unable to delete or move any files or folders in my computer's Documents or Pictures folder. Whenever I try, I get a message saying I need permission from the administrator to carry out the action. If anyone can help, I appreciate it....
  6. Multiple My Document and My Pictures files

Multiple My Document and My Pictures files: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  7. Cant backup Desktop, Documents and Pictures using Windows 10 File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant backup Desktop, Documents and Pictures using Windows 10 File History: Windows 10 backup is not allowing me to backup my documents, desktop and pictures folders from "This PC". These folder are already backed up in OneDrive, but I want to create a differential backup so I can search back in time. I try to "add folder" in Settings > Backup >...
  8. Merging of documents videos and pictures...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merging of documents videos and pictures...: I tried moving documents, videos, and pictures from C drive to D drive and they got merged. Now how do i separate them????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-of-documents-videos-and-pictures/840ec47e-211c-45a4-b352-8b1fc6b7f26c
  9. Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Personal Files (My Documents, My Pictures, Desktop, etc.) Mixed: [img] Guys, how to separate the folders of documents, pictures, videos, desktop, etc? I kinda made a bade move on merging them. Thanks for the help. 72077
  10. Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Documents and Pictures Folder: Hi all, I've deleted the 'Documents' and 'Pictures' folders which appear under 'Folders' when you click on 'This PC' I did this because I'm trying to get into the habit of using my OneDrive not my local disk for storage. The folder icons are still present, however...