Windows 10: Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account

Discus and support Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I run a pretty simple setup at home so the family don't have to call the IT Guy everytime the computer beeps. I have a computer name 'COMPUTER', I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by johan7804, Sep 10, 2015.

1. johan7804 Win User

Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account

I run a pretty simple setup at home so the family don't have to call the IT Guy everytime the computer beeps. I have a computer name 'COMPUTER', I have a local computer account 'COMPUTER' and the account has a password 'COMPUTER'. Pretty simple and totally unsafe but the family's happy *Party

Last night one of our media players were to access the computers network shares but said that the login credentials were wrong. After some investigating I found that the computer account was no longer on the PC!!! When I went to re-register it, the dialogue said I can't have the same computer name and account name.

Ok, I get that. That's totally unsafe! Who would even have that kind of setup? *chuckle *Wink But still, it can't just delete my computer account!!! What if I had information stored on the desktop or in the library folders? Which I didn't have, but what if? Just gone!

Sure, I'll come up with a different setup, but I would get that you couldn't have the same password and computer account. But computer name and computer account? Why the h**l not?? *cry

:)

johan7804, Sep 10, 2015

2. How can I change administrator when there is no family and other users link to delete the present administrator

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Note: It is not recommended to delete the administrator account in Windows. If you want to delete the administrator account, you need to have at least one administrator account in Windows.

First try to create one new Local user account in Windows 10.

Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

After creating the local user account, follow the above steps to assign the local user account as admin.

Once this is done login through the new user account you have created.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      control panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Click on Manage other account.

• Enter the password for the administrator account if prompted.

• Click on the account which you want to delete (Microsoft admin account).

• Click on Delete the account.

• Click on Delete the files.
    Now the administrator account will be deleted (Microsoft admin account). You may try to login through Local user you have created.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 10, 2015
  3. How do I delete administrator account on Windows 10

Hi Nathan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you need to delete the administrator account in Windows 10.

Note: It is not recommended to delete the administrator account in Windows. If you want to delete the administrator account, you need to have at least one administrator account in Windows.

Kindly follow the below steps carefully to delete the admin account.

Step 1:

First try to create one new Local user account in Windows 10.

Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Step 2:

After creating the local user account, follow the below steps to assign the local user account as admin.

• Login to the computer using your Microsoft admin account.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Accounts in settings window.

• Click on family and other users.

• Click on new user account you created under
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Click change account type.

• Change the user type to
      Admin
      from Standard.

Step 3:

• Login through the new user account you have created.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      control panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Click on Manage other account.

• Enter the password for the administrator account if prompted.

• Click on the account which you want to delete (Microsoft admin account).

• Click on Delete the account.

• Click on Delete the files.

Now the administrator account will be deleted (Microsoft admin account). You may try to login through Local user you have created.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 10, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

I think it has to do with network credentials and separating the user domain - which on a home workgroup type network will be the PC name - from the account name. Also having a computer name that is the same as the workgroup name will cause problems too.

Now, on the affected computer, if you look under C:\Users (assuming C: is the system drive), do you still see the folder for the account name that was "deleted"?

NavyLCDR, Sep 10, 2015
  5. johan7804 Win User
    Yeah, probably so, but still. It worked just fine for a couple of weeks and all the other PCs in the house run Windows 10 with the same kind of computer name/account name/ password setup and thay haven't complained... yet *Confused

Well yeah, but I didn't have anything there at all except some random wallpaper *Smile But thx though *Biggrin

johan7804, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account - Similar Threads - deleted local administrator

2. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  3. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover my administrator local account: Hello! So that you can understand me better, I will tell everything from the beginning. It happens that at one point I needed to temporarily hide my account, but I didn't want to delete it, so I looked for how to do it and I found a method to do it in Regedit, which was to go...
  4. Recover my administrator local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting my administrator account: I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?...
  6. Deleting my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting my administrator account: I'm giving away my old Win10 laptop. I've reset Windows which deleted all my files. Finally, I need to delete my own administrator account so that no trace of my ownership remains. How?...
  7. Deleting my administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 Local Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Local Administrator Account: When I log in with our software administrator account that has Administrator rights and run the following command via a batch file (net user administrator /active:yes defaultpassword it properly activates the account. But as soon as I reboot the computer and log back in with...
  9. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  10. Deleting an Local Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account: Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an administrator and gives me an option to remove that ac..However When I login with the old account I do not see the newly created ac...! I...