Windows 10: Windows 10 deletes partitions

Discus and support Windows 10 deletes partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hay, i want to ask something. I have windows 10. I installed it recently. Before installing it, i installed 8 other versions of windows (from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SYOB SYOT, Sep 19, 2015.

1. SYOB SYOT Win User

Windows 10 deletes partitions

Hay,
    i want to ask something.
    I have windows 10.
    I installed it recently.
    Before installing it, i installed 8 other versions of windows (from windows 2000 all versions up to windows 8).
    All of those 9 windows installations are on the same hard drive.
    Untill i installed windows 10, everything was fine, i could multi boot any of those 8 versions of windows.
    I created 9 partitions, from witch just some of them are primary, and remaining are extended.
    After i installed windows 10, windows 10 removed all extended partitions.
    Only primary partitions remained, and windows 10 was the only partition remained from all of those extended.

So, i want to ask, is this normal that windows 10 removes all extended partitions durring setup?
    And i want to ask, what can i do to stop this?, because i really want 9 operating system on the same disk.
    And do you know any good program witch can recreate lost partitions?

Thanx for reading.

:)

SYOB SYOT, Sep 19, 2015
  2. IanWBerry Win User

Windows 10 deletes partitions of D and E. It is making the partions as unallocated space.

Good morning, thanks for the reply

I'm away until next Monday, but I'll certainly try your solutions then.

In the meantime - there have been no hardware changes recently, hard disk or otherwise.

The computer shuts down completely overnight and in the morning the partitions (D: and EWindows 10 deletes partitions :) have disappeared.

C:, D:,and E: are partitions of a RAID 1 array under the control of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. This is working with no problems.

Windows 10 Pro is fully up to date, all updated applied.

I'll add more when I get back.

kind regards

IanWBerry, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 deletes partitions of D and E. It is making the partions as unallocated space.

Hi Ian,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is there is change in hardware settings for hard disk.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods below to run hardware troubleshooter and also update hard drive in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I suggest
    you to update the hard disk driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Hard Drives.

4. Right click on the hard disk driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with hard disk partition changing to unallocated space on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

It is not normal to have 9 Operating Systems on one PC let alone on one drive.

5. SYOB SYOT Win User
    WELL, WINDOWS (AT LEAST FIFTH AND SIXTH GENERATION OF WINDOWS) SUPPORTS MULTI BOOTING FROM UP TO 26 PARTITIONS (EACH ONE CONSUMING ONE LETTER OF ENGLISH ALFABET), SO, I COULD AS EASY AS NINE INSTALL 26 OPERATING SYSTEMS ON THE SAME HARD DRIVE; AND I AM PLANNING TO INSTALL 25 OPERATING SYSTEMS. AND THAY ALL SHOULD WORK FINE, AS LONG AS EACH ONE HAVE ITS OWN PARTITION.

*Start

SYOB SYOT, Sep 19, 2015
  6. hawkman Win User
    it would have been dependant on whether it was an upgrade install or via the media mode

Roy

hawkman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 deletes partitions - Similar Threads - deletes partitions

2. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  3. Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting windows 10 in dual boot and merge back partition: Hello I need help. I have a HP laptop with 500 gb hard drive. So i created two partitions of that 500 gb hard drive with AOEMI partition assistant and both are GPT partitions. In the first partition C: i installed windows 11 and in the second one i installed Windows 10 which...
  4. I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition: I had a dual boot of windows and Ubuntu, but while digitally cleaning up my laptop, I accidentally deleted Ubuntu's partition.Now I am stuck with the grub 2.0 console. And this is an HP laptop 5 which has a UEFI system. I heard that in a UEFI system we can simply change the...
  5. I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition

I am having trouble when I deleted Ubuntu's partition: I had a dual boot of windows and Ubuntu, but while digitally cleaning up my laptop, I accidentally deleted Ubuntu's partition.Now I am stuck with the grub 2.0 console. And this is an HP laptop 5 which has a UEFI system. I heard that in a UEFI system we can simply change the...
  6. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  7. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?: I have an HP laptop 15-r014tx. The specifications are : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337700 .I recently upgraded my RAM from 4GB to 12 GB4GB existing + 8GB new. I also installed a new 256GB SSD and the existing HDD was moved to the CD/DVD drive slot. Now, I do not...
  8. How to delete multiple EFI and Recovery partitions in Windows 10 ?

9. Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.: There were some errors on old windows 10, the time I was working to fix the errors using Recovery mode Command Prompt I used command 'Clean' on windows disk I was to plan a new install.I was unaware about the problems if once the EFI partition is deleted this is going very...
  10. Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.

Installing UEFI or EFI windows 10 is much complicated if once EFI partition deleted.: There were some errors on old windows 10, the time I was working to fix the errors using Recovery mode Command Prompt I used command 'Clean' on windows disk I was to plan a new install.I was unaware about the problems if once the EFI partition is deleted this is going very...