Windows 10: Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 Dell Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey there everyone, i'm a massive noob to this forum I've got a general enquiry Im running windows 10 on a 2-3 year old dell laptop, i haven't added a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Charly10, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Charly10 Win User

Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Hey there everyone, i'm a massive noob to this forum
    I've got a general enquiry
    Im running windows 10 on a 2-3 year old dell laptop, i haven't added a spec list but can do if need be

however i have found that the past year my laptop has stopped charging it's battery,
    i've done all i could to try and fix this,
    i.e go to device manager.... uninstall relevant battery drivers, restart....
    it fixes it sometimes, however if i leave my laptop on sleep it fails to charge the laptop & just keeps it running whilst staying on the same percentage, would it be a case of finding a new charger? my battery is in a healthy state & definitely can hold a full charge, however since i've owned it, i've not been able to leave it off, without the charger in without it going dead.

another problem i've found relating to this
    i produce music using fl studio 12, and i've found that since this problem has started to occur, if i take the charging cable out of the laptop my laptop runs like a dream, as soon as i plug it back in (this is when it doesn't charge) it really lags out my fl studio, but when it's not on charge.. as i say it runs perfectly...

would this be a case of a new battery, new charger... or simply new laptop?

cheers guys, sorry for such a long post

:)

Charly10, Aug 30, 2018
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Windows 10 Dell Laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 30, 2018
  4. nxavis9 Win User

Windows 10 Dell Laptop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Dell Laptop

1. Windows 10 Dell Laptop - Similar Threads - Dell Laptop

2. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  3. Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam Not Working: Hello. My Dell laptop webcam have not been working for months on the windows camera app, and social media apps such as Whatsapp and Telegram. But it does work on Google Chrome tried it on Google Meet, and works on Zoom as well.I have checked the permissions to allow camera,...
  4. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  5. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons: My Dell laptop's touchpad buttons aren't working right. There are four buttons—two on top and two at the bottom. The top ones, for left and right clicks, are causing trouble. When I press them, the cursor takes a second to respond. And if I press them while holding Shift or...
  6. Problem with Dell Laptop Latitude 7480 Touchpad Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  8. Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.

Multiple BSOD in past week on Dell G15 5525 Laptop.: Recently, I have encountered frequent blue screen errors with my Dell G15 5525 laptop with the following error...
  9. My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...: My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but system is running.Checked and updated display drivers' multiple times, rollback driver done, reverted to default Microsoft drivers-...
  10. My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...

My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but...: My dell Inspiron windows 11 laptop 11th Gen IntelR Core TM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz- Screen blinks occasionally and sometimes goes black but system is running.Checked and updated display drivers' multiple times, rollback driver done, reverted to default Microsoft drivers-...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntoskrnl.exe 180530 laptop