Windows 10: Windows 10 deployment issues

Discus and support Windows 10 deployment issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry couldn't post in any other forum. I am in the middle of preparing for a windows 10 deployment and it's failing miserably. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stixx, Jul 14, 2017.

1. stixx Win User

Windows 10 deployment issues

Sorry couldn't post in any other forum.

I am in the middle of preparing for a windows 10 deployment and it's failing miserably. I've tried everything from capture images through WDS, IDC, and MDT.

I'd ideally like to use WDS. Right now on my Server 2012, I have the original boot image, a capture image off of that boot image staged. When I use the reference computer ( all apps and what not installed), I run sysprep oobe shutdown. From there the computer does its thing then shuts down.

From there I PXE boot to the WDS server. I'm able to select the Windows 10 Pro capture, however I can no select any drive ?? This is the screen I get.

Windows 10 deployment issues [​IMG]

Really need some help in this realm.

Look forward to your replies.

:)

stixx, Jul 14, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 14, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Deployment

After upgrading to Win 10. it was discovered that one of the apps was not compatible so I had to downgrade to Win. 7

Is there a reservation stored somewhere so that I may reinstall it at a later date after the July 29 deadline without being charged for it?

FrankGiorgione, Jul 14, 2017
  4. stixx Win User

Issue resolved. Windows 10 doesn't have SATA drivers for the drive when it's partitioned as Raid ( default build ).

If you format to AHCI from Bios I had no issues.

This however corrupts the windows install so just PXE boot and install previous image or use Windows recovery USB

stixx, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 deployment issues - Similar Threads - deployment issues

2. Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile: Hello,I have an on-premises AD setup. Intune Connector and Azure AD Connectors are configured and functioning correctly. My requirement is to configure auto-pilot with an Entra Join Profile, enabling users to log in via Entra AD. After-login, users should be able to ping...
  3. Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Primary DNS Suffix Not Applying in User Driven Entra Join Deployment Profile: Hello,I have an on-premises AD setup. Intune Connector and Azure AD Connectors are configured and functioning correctly. My requirement is to configure auto-pilot with an Entra Join Profile, enabling users to log in via Entra AD. After-login, users should be able to ping...
  4. SCCM Deployment issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM Deployment issue: Hi,i configured SCCM server on Azure VM and looks like all the settings configured but for some reason i still dont see the client installed from the SCCM dashboard although on the client side the client installed and found the MP....
  5. SCCM Deployment issue

SCCM Deployment issue: Hi,i configured SCCM server on Azure VM and looks like all the settings configured but for some reason i still dont see the client installed from the SCCM dashboard although on the client side the client installed and found the MP....
  6. SCCM Deployment issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment: Hello,We use MDT to deploy Windows 10 pro version computerspast 3 versions of Windows 10 features and current 21h2. The problem I'm experiencing is the touch keyboard that will not show after the first reboot after the deployment. These are the steps I've tried/done:- update...
  8. Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment

Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment: Hello,We use MDT to deploy Windows 10 pro version computerspast 3 versions of Windows 10 features and current 21h2. The problem I'm experiencing is the touch keyboard that will not show after the first reboot after the deployment. These are the steps I've tried/done:- update...
  9. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  10. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...