Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Setup - two monitors. Nvidia Quatro graphic card Desktop background problem I have set Personalisation - Desktop Background - Slideshow - Set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sigurd, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Sigurd Win User

Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing

Setup - two monitors. Nvidia Quatro graphic card

Desktop background problem
    I have set Personalisation - Desktop Background - Slideshow - Set Location to a Photo folder to use Photos - Change every minute - Shuffle Off (tried On as well but makes no difference) - Fit set to Fit.

Problem is that the images never change, though they are different ones on the two monitors.

I have tried various permutations of the above without any success. Which folder of photos I use doesn't make any difference to the situation - same two photos displayed.

My wife's laptop which is setup in the same way seems to have a similar but not identical problem. hers changes but only selects from 4 photos despite more being available in the chosen folder.

Suggestions appreciated!

:)

Sigurd, Aug 21, 2016

2. Changing background after update

I just installed the latest Windows 10 fall update, and now am not able to change the desktop background to a different picture. I was able to change the lock screen to the image I wanted, but the desktop picture will not change. I should add that, if
    I attempt to use the stock photos in Settings, the background image will change, but if I attempt to use a personal photo, the same one I used for the lock screen, the background will not change. Any ideas? Thanks.

GEORGEHAAG, Aug 21, 2016
  3. uvuvuv Win User
    Desktop background slide show photos lost after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi. I recently switched to Windows 10. I had been using Windows 8 and had a slide show desktop background of various photos I had selected. After switching to Windows 10, I checked out some of the other background photos available, then wanted to switch
    back to my slide show of specially selected photos. I was given the option "Choose albums for your slide show" and when I go to select a folder, I can't find the one where my desktop background photos had been.

I don't know the file location because in Windows 8 you didn't have to open the folder where they were, you just went to "Change Desktop Background" and it opened a window where the photos were displayed and I could just copy/paste photos into it.

Does anyone know where I can find my desktop background photos? What is the file location?

uvuvuv, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

This might be a bug/issue with the "Anniversary Update". Report this to MS using the Feedback option.....this will do a few things. It will report it to MS and if anybody else has a similar issue it will show up similar reports. Which some may have some fixes or work arounds to try.

Plankton, Aug 21, 2016
  5. Sigurd Win User
    Thanks for that suggestion. Never having sent feedback to MS, where do I find that option? Is it on their site or on my PC?

Sigurd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Desktop background photo not changing - Similar Threads - Desktop background photo

2. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  3. Desktop background will not change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop background will not change.: I cannot change my desktop background to anything but black I cannot add any pictures or desktop backgrounds I have checked settings themes and everything I could think of but I cannot find the problem please help*Moved from feedback....
  4. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  5. Why will my desktop background photo not change?

Why will my desktop background photo not change?: I am trying to change my desktop background to my Dell XPS 13 laptop. I can change my background to a solid color, but cannot change anything relating to photos, not even default photos. I have tried changing the image through settings, file explorer, and right clicking the...
  6. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes: Firstly, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have tried to find an answer to this but the information available seems to to not provide much help.Microsoft Intune / Endpoint ManagerWithin here I have created my config profiles for my users, the one that i'm...
  7. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes: Firstly, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I have tried to find an answer to this but the information available seems to to not provide much help.Microsoft Intune / Endpoint ManagerWithin here I have created my config profiles for my users, the one that i'm...
  8. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Change Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Desktop Background: I want to change the Desktop Background, I want to put a picture of my granddaughter that I have on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-desktop-background/26184aba-aed7-4f05-ac92-8ace3ba1f30c
  10. Change Desktop Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Desktop Background in Windows 10: How to: Change Desktop Background in Windows 10 How to Change your Desktop Background in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slideshow playing selected...