Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there anyway that a wider scrollbar can be achieved on open and active, or otherwise, windows in applications or browsers principally with all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by garryt, Mar 19, 2017.

1. garryt Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width

Is there anyway that a wider scrollbar can be achieved on open and active, or otherwise, windows in applications or browsers principally with all the screen real estate of a 16:9 monitor?
    Thanks in advance

:)

garryt, Mar 19, 2017

2. Scroll Bar Resize

In windows 10, I'm finding that the scrollbar is too small for my liking. So I would like to increase the width of the scrollbar yet I don't really know how. I've try to resize it through by changing the registry, yet when I restart my laptop the only scrollbar that
    changes in width is the registry editor and the file explorer. So can anyone tell me how to change the width of every scrollbar in windows 10.

Thanks

David Coskeran, Mar 19, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Win-10 Scroll Bar Width

You can change the width in your Registry, open Regedit (click your Start button, type regedit and hit enter)

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

Then set the ScrollWidth key using this formula:

-15 * desired width in pixels

For example to set the scrollbar width to 20px: -15 * 20 = -300

Or there is a free utility that will allow you to set the width of the Windows 10 scrollbar - Winaero Tweaker

Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width [​IMG]

DaveM121, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 19, 2017
  5. SonicBlue Win User
    SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Desktop Customization: Scrollbar Sizing - Width - Similar Threads - Desktop Customization Scrollbar

2. 2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar: I have a couple of questions -1 - Can I reinstall Realtek audio manager in my upgraded Windows 10 to windows 11? Because the volume when playing a movie DVD is really bad. The sound effects are loud and when the characters in the movie are talking the volume goes down. When...
  3. 2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Questions - 1-reinstall Realtek Audio Manger -- 2-Increase width size of scrollbar: I have a couple of questions -1 - Can I reinstall Realtek audio manager in my upgraded Windows 10 to windows 11? Because the volume when playing a movie DVD is really bad. The sound effects are loud and when the characters in the movie are talking the volume goes down. When...
  4. RDP Windows 10 full windows size without scrollbars

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP Windows 10 full windows size without scrollbars: After upgrading to windows 10, I noticed that one of my RDP settings no longer seems to have the same effect.My screen size is 2560x1440. I have 4 monitors, this is the first one to the left.In windows 7, these settings opened the RDP in a window ie not full screen that took...
  5. RDP Windows 10 full windows size without scrollbars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Windows 10 full windows size without scrollbars: After upgrading to windows 10, I noticed that one of my RDP settings no longer seems to have the same effect.My screen size is 2560x1440. I have 4 monitors, this is the first one to the left.In windows 7, these settings opened the RDP in a window ie not full screen that took...
  6. RDP Windows 10 full windows size without scrollbars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to increase size to full width in windows 10

in Cortana
    How to increase size to full width in windows 10: So I dont have to click and move mouse twice. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-size-to-full-width-in-windows-10/6559cb29-f0a6-4838-adfe-65568f475c54
  8. How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the width of the "Start Menu" scrollbar?: In Windows 10 desktop. At the moment it is too thin to instantly hit with the mouse. I this a user-settable personalization? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-width-of-the-start-menu/1b7186da-39fc-452f-a18b-6b869980bc72
  9. context menu border size to width

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu border size to width: Hi, Is there a way to adjust the context menu border size? What is the default size? My border is too wide i think. [img] 45598
  10. Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Change Height or Width Size of Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...