Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. Upgrade went quite smoothly with one very majoy annoyance. THE WINDOWS DESKTOP and TASK BAR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MountainMan, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10. Upgrade went quite smoothly with one very majoy annoyance. THE WINDOWS DESKTOP and TASK BAR is refreshing very frequently. This sometimes makes it impossible to carry out a simple task.

If anybody can please help - a friend for life.

Thanks

:)

MountainMan, Jun 23, 2016

2. Scrolling Photos and Videos

The combo of the two settings "desktop slideshow" and "Pick an accent color..." causes this problem. When the desktop wallpaper changes, the system sends a "refresh" message (API call) so that the Accent color is applied to all open windows, including File
    Explorer.

Disabling the desktop slideshow is another option, or increase the change frequency so that the "refresh" is no so frequent.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 23, 2016
  3. JerryZD Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop continues to refresh/reload

windows 10 desktop continues to refresh ,but never stops refreshing or reloading.

JerryZD, Jun 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

Hello and welcome to the TenForums *Smile

It might help if you were to fill out your system specs for us to know what hardware you are running.

For now I would suspect that the graphics card or on board graphics is having problems due to a driver issue. Normally you would get a message if the graphics card is restarting. However, make sure the drivers are updated or you are using the manufacturer's recommended driver.

philc43, Jun 23, 2016
  5. Thanks for your speedy reply. I little difficulty getting the System Spec. But this is what I have. Does this help?

Computer Type PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number Custom Self-build
    OS 64bit Win 10 Pro Build 10586.420
    CPU Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz
    Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LX
    Memory 8GB
    Graphics Card Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Sound Card On-board Realtek HD Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays Samsung 226BW
    Screen Resolution 1680 x 1050

Keyboard Microsoft wired Keyboard 600
    Mouse Microsoft wired Basic Optical
    PSU Corsair TX550
    Case Gigabyte IF233
    Hard Drives 1TB HDD

MountainMan, Jun 23, 2016
  6. As far as I can check, all drivers are up to date, the driver is the one originally fitted with no problems on W7 and W XP.

MountainMan, Jun 28, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    I was confused by your system specs - it looked familiar - you have reproduced my own system specs! I need to know yours.

philc43, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh

1. Windows 10 Desktop frequent refresh - Similar Threads - Desktop frequent refresh

2. Desktop refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop refreshing: So, i updates my PC to the latest windows 11 preview update today and when i log in to my PC it just kind of refreshes like 5 times until it crashes and restarts. To add to that sometimes when i try to log into my PC it doesn't log in, what i mean by this is that i put in my...
  3. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  4. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.: The desktop keeps refreshing at a high frequency. File system error window comes up while trying to open settings. Tried sfc and dism but to no avail. Service host takes up CPU space. iCloud Norton not available....
  5. Windows 10 desktop keeps refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Frequent Network Refresh Needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent Network Refresh Needed: My desktop computer connects to the internet through my LAN by Ethernet. When I notice slowing loading of web pages I run a speedtest and find my download speed has dropped from its normal 150+ to about 50. When I use the following commands and restart, the speed is...
  7. Windows 10 desktop refresh

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop refresh: Hey, when I press a key on my keyboard while I'm not using a program, my entire desktop and taskbar turn solid yellow, leaving only my cursor, and refresh my theme color is yellow. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Desktop refresh problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop refresh problem Windows 10: Hi, I have a problem with my Desktop continually refreshing on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop - Windows 10 Home - Version 1903, 64-bit. I have not installed any new software recently and this has happened out of the blue. I can access Task Manager. I have tried to restart...
  9. Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh: Win 10 File Explorer thumbnails frequently do not refresh after changes such as cropping in an image editor. Despite much googling I've still not found a reliable fix. For example, Falcon-12 has an AR of 16:9, despite itswide thumb, which looks identical to that of the 2:1...
  10. Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh"

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons need frequent "Refresh": Folks, Running a one-month old clean Win 10 install. I find that my desktop icons frequently lose their shortcut symbol (the little white square with curved blue arrow), or otherwise change. I haven't tried to figure out when or why this happens. It shouldn't. An icon,...