Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Hello,

I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently downloaded "Desktop Gadgets" for Windows 10 like you would have in Windows 7. I do not know how to fix this. I like my weather, and when that doesn't work... *Sad I know Windows 10 comes with its own, but I like to have one on the desktop as well *Wink The more weather, the better. *Smile

If I need to give more information, I can.

Thanks in advance! *Biggrin

:)

Computer Chicken, Apr 2, 2016
  2. pepere bj Win User

apps

I use to have gadgets on desktop. Liked being able to see different weather around the states (family).

Can I put a weather app on my windows 10 desktop similar to the old gadgets?

pepere bj, Apr 2, 2016
  3. Gadget and clocks on Windows 10 Desktop

No one I've recommended installing
    8GadgetPack
    on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 has reported any problems. It will open a dock on the right which you can right click to hide, then you'll have the same gadget menu on the right click desktop context menu as in original Windows 7 . However to have
    a replica of Windows 7's wildly popular Weather forecast gadget, you'll need to install

Msn Weather Desktop Gadget

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Apr 2, 2016
  4. badrobot Win User

Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Gadgets have been abandoned for a long time already for it's security issues. Windows 10 comes with weather app that you can easily open up from the start menu.

badrobot, Apr 6, 2016
  5. Try googling 8gadget pack. I don't use the weather but it restored the old cpu meter gadget I liked

Scottyboy99, Apr 6, 2016
  6. I knew that, like I said in my post *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 6, 2016
  7. Ok, I am downloading it at this second. *Smile

8. BunnyJ New Member

Just one thing to keep in mind, when you get an OS update Windows will uninstall this but it can be reset or reinstalled.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 6, 2016
  9. Ah, ok thanks! *Smile

10. badrobot Win User
    You only knew about the new app but not why gadgets don't work. If you had problems making them work with 7, it will be a miracle to make them work with 10. There are gadgets out there that will work but not without issues.

badrobot, Apr 6, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    It's really not a big thing, I just wanted to let you know so when it occurs you're not caught off guard.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work - Similar Threads - Desktop Gadgets Weather

2. Not show the information weather from gadgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not show the information weather from gadgets: Hi everyone who read this post, I want to my gadgets show the weather when I running the windows when boot win is success. The picture below is show when I go inside win, the gadgets in taskbar is not showed the weather but when I open the gadgets, it's show the weather. So...
  3. Not show the information weather from gadgets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not show the information weather from gadgets: Hi everyone who read this post, I want to my gadgets show the weather when I running the windows when boot win is success. The picture below is show when I go inside win, the gadgets in taskbar is not showed the weather but when I open the gadgets, it's show the weather. So...
  4. Windows 10 gadget doesn't work

Windows 10 gadget doesn't work: Hello, I have a problem with a gadget, I am using windows 10 and reformatted my computer. I reinstalled the gadget that I love to use, but it stopped working. https://prnt.sc/23teljw I am attaching the image. Is there anything I can do? i want to get the solution because i...
  5. 8 gadget pack, msn weather gadget

8 gadget pack, msn weather gadget: Does anyone use the 8 gadget pack? Have used it for a few years as I always liked some of the handy gadgets like MSN weather, scrolling photos and cpu meter. Anyway I noticed on all our machines since yesterday the MSN weather gadget says service is unavailable. Anyone...
  6. Gadget in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gadget in windows 10: Are third party gadgets available for windows 10 safe to use ? Since there is no official gadget from microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gadget-in-windows-10/9249991d-75c2-469d-bce6-bdfcf28e5afa
  7. .gadgets

in Windows 10 Customization
    .gadgets: Reinstalled Windows 10 also installed bitdefender internet security 2019 ( two days deleted) now have gadgets installed clicked on small icons and uninstalled them put still have space when I right click desk t.op that says gadgets. went to "turn windows features on off"no...
  8. Desktop gadgets

Desktop gadgets: Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116
  9. Gadgets

Gadgets: Are Gadgets still available in Windows 10? I found out that the 2 folders where Gadgets were stored in 7, are still in 10: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for ALL users C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for specified...
  10. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10gadgets weather wont work

2. 8 gadget pack will not work with windows 10 1909

3. desktop weather widget windows 10

4. desktop gadgets for windows 10