Windows 10: Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same.

Discus and support Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I've an problem with my Windows 10 PC. My Desktop is now called Downloads, and I have two of them with the same paths in my Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ButterArtz, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same.

Hello Guys,
    I've an problem with my Windows 10 PC. My Desktop is now called Downloads, and I have two of them with the same paths in my Explorer.

Can you guys help me?
    Would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot: Screenshot

:)

ButterArtz, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Downloads and Desktop think they are the same thing, how could i un-pair them?

Yes, there might be an error on your HDD causing this problem. Also, if
    Disk Checking did not fix your issue, kindly try resetting your PC. You can choose to either keep or remove your files when resetting. To do so, kindly follow the steps indicated on this

link
    under Reset your PC drop-down menu,

Let us know how things goes.

Allan Mej, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Downloads and Desktop think they are the same thing, how could i un-pair them?

Having a strange issue where my downloads and desktop folders think they are the same.

Any Changes i make to one folder are immediately copied over from the other. along with all the contents.

I have attempted setting the location to default on both, however they still just follow each other.

i think my problem started when i attempted to move my downloads folder to a different drive and perhaps the stangest issue is a system restore didn't resolve my problem.

any thoughts?

Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same. [​IMG]

Gareth_Roberts, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same.

Brink, Oct 17, 2017
  5. Thank you, it works now!

ButterArtz, Oct 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same.

1. Windows 10: Desktop is now called Downloads and path are the same. - Similar Threads - Desktop called Downloads

2. Desktop folder now named Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder now named Downloads: This is how the problem arose:1. I reformatted my HDD2. I installed Windows 73. I upgraded to and installed Windows 10 cleanly4. I was using Microsoft Edge to download drivers and programs and what not5. I wanted to change the destination of downloads to the Desktop6. I read...
  3. a download path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a download path: I have a download with a weird path and I can't find a way to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-download-path/004ba541-3691-47ac-8f59-7c429bb888bb
  4. a download path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a download path: I have a download with a weird path and I can't find a way to delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-download-path/004ba541-3691-47ac-8f59-7c429bb888bb
  5. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder Called Downloads: Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's...
  6. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Folder Called Downloads: Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's...
  7. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. my desktop and 3D-objects folder got the same path after a failed path movement.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my desktop and 3D-objects folder got the same path after a failed path movement.: i was busy redirecting folders from my c drive to my d drive. everything went very fast and no problems until i did the desktop and it said it couldnt be moved or something, but i clicked yes to fast, thinking it was te proceed to move dialog. after that, my D drive became my...
  9. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder: I was looking for some files on my computer when I noticed that the Desktop folder is called Temporary Burn Folder. I don't know why it's called that. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 download path?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 download path?: With the download coming via Windows update, is there any way to specify where you want the download to go to, so that you can install it whenever you want to, instead of Windows asking when you want to be reminded as to when to install Windows 10. 12071