Windows 10: Windows 10 - Desktop resets it self, license keys expired & more

Discus and support Windows 10 - Desktop resets it self, license keys expired & more in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed this first two-three days ago. - Skype constantly re-sets the status to "Online" when restarting it. - The desktop seems to keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oxide, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Oxide Win User

Windows 10 - Desktop resets it self, license keys expired & more

I noticed this first two-three days ago.

- Skype constantly re-sets the status to "Online" when restarting it.
    - The desktop seems to keep getting re-set, even though I've moved all my icons to right side, they go back to left side.
    - Today when I started my computer, it said that START10 License has expired as well as Mailbird license..? Both of those had paid licenses, it's like it got removed..

- Windows 10 64bit
    - Less than one month old desktop.

The issue is extremely annoying, I am using "Geek Uninstaller" to uninstall programs. This scans for registries associated with specific program when uninstalling, and removes them. I have no idea if that could of caused registry from being broken, if that's the issue.

No, I do not have any backups and I rather not re-install my computer entirely. As I recently got it, and installed all programs and files all over again :/

Here is my entire process list, captured in a GIF: Imgur
    And here is my installed programs: Imgur

I also have MX800 Keyboard and mouse from Logitech, that lags a lot. Graphic card randomly crashes "Has stopped working error" etc while doing normal work (not gaming).

:)

Oxide, Sep 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 activation

If your are not using your copy of Windows 10 in an organization and it indicates it is activated through an organization server, then it likely is not genuine. Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation

Why
    does Windows 10 say 'Your license will expire soon' and How to Fix It

Your license report can help determine whether it is genuine or not.

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Enter the following:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Hit Enter

Copy and paste the results in a reply to this thread for further analysis.

If it says KMS or MAK anywhere in the report, it can be sign it is not genuine if the license was not part of a organization.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Windows error.

Your friend might have installed a non genuine license.

Which edition is installed?

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

Why does Windows 10 say 'Your license will expire soon' and How to Fix It

See:
    https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/49-why-does-...

also:

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Enter the following:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Hit Enter

Copy and paste the results in a reply to this thread for further analysis.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

I can tell you for a fact that the Start10 license is a registry value..

Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Desktop resets it self, license keys expired & more - Similar Threads - Desktop resets self

2. Windows license expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows license expiring: I have been experiencing problems with my laptop though it has a genuine windows pro installed. After updates it says that my Windows license is expiring. Can someone help me please. I tried to check whether there was any issue with my software. This screenshot I took is...
  3. Windows 10 License Expired

Windows 10 License Expired: I bought a laptop with windows 10 and after using it for months the windows license expired how do I activate it. even though I went to setting but can't find the protect key or the digital license [Original Title: activation]...
  4. Windows 10 license expired.

Windows 10 license expired.: Windows 10 license expired. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license-expired/52e03139-0fe0-4eaa-83ef-26848f10df97
  5. expiring windows license

expiring windows license: I had to reformate my computer , now my computing is telling windows lisence will expire. what can I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expiring-windows-license/c6315554-a728-45d2-9b7b-83afb95690e5
  6. Windows License Will Expire

Windows License Will Expire: Hi, I keep on getting messages regarding the fact that my license will expire soon. However, when I check the activation page, it does not appear that my license is expiring. I am updated to the most current version of Windows 10 as well. Below is a screen grab of my...
  7. Windows 10 License Expiring

Windows 10 License Expiring: It says my Windows License is about to expire, so me not knowing what to do, I bought a new key for it and it didn't work either. I'm stuck, i can't locate my key and i don't know what to do. Microsoft Support doesn't help because it's just a robot and i don't know what else...
  8. Windows license expiration

Windows license expiration: I have a laptop that has ben running Window10 Pro for the last 10 months, and I'm now constantly getting a pop up telling me that my Windows license is about to expire, and that I need to activate Windows in my settings. When I bring up my settings window, it says that my...
  9. Windows license expiration

Windows license expiration: I bought a used HP laptop while in China. It says canada model: RTL8723BE1t1R, and a bunch of other things listed on the underside, so I assumed it's legit. It had windows 7, or 8 but was the chinese version. He changed it and installed the english version of Windows 10....
  10. MICROSOFT WINDOWS LICENSE KEY EXPIRED

MICROSOFT WINDOWS LICENSE KEY EXPIRED: I received a phone call supposedly from Microsoft. It indicated to me that "Microsoft Window License Key has been expired in your computer. So the Microsoft Corporation has stopped the Windows services in your computer". They gave me a phone # 866-978-0078 to call to renew...