Windows 10: Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

Discus and support Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a desktop running Win10 64-bit that fails to boot. It will boot to the "spinning circles" loading screen, but after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkstrike, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

Hi all,

I've got a desktop running Win10 64-bit that fails to boot.

It will boot to the "spinning circles" loading screen, but after that finishes I don't get the login screen, just a black screen with no cursor...?

The 3 System Restore Points stored on the machine all fail, the command prompt sfc /scannow command reports no issues, I've tried the fixboot and fixmbr commands....any other suggestions? The machine belongs to a local museum and has a LOT of files on it, so I am really hoping I won't have to wipe and reinstall everything.

:)

Darkstrike, Apr 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 Boot Without PW Directly to DeskTop for Server

The steps for skipping the login and booting directly into the user's desktop are the same in Windows 10 as they were before.

Here's how

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 29, 2017
  3. Lyje1 Win User
    Cortana for Work

Hi,

I'm trying to login to Cortana on my work desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise without success using my Office365/network work account. It won't let me log with this account. Either it says the account is locked or it doesn't recognise my password. (Not true
    as I can login to the Microsoft Online Portal OK)

It won't let me login to my other Microsoft Account (Hotmail) that I use for my Windows Phone either as this account was used to setup the desktop in the first place. i.e. this is a second user profile on the desktop.

Ideally I want to link Cortana to my work account so I can utilise all the online services with it.

Thanks,

Lyj

Lyje1, Apr 29, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

When you typed fixboot and fixmbr, did you run them from C:?

Anyway, do you have backup? If not, make one. Kyhi's Recovery tools is good option. Make bootable USB drive from ISO and run Macrium reflect, make image of selected drive to external one.

On Kyhi's drive there is also Minitool partition wizard, which is good at fixing booting problem.

Can you boot to safe mode?

AndreTen, Apr 30, 2017
  5. Oddly enough, I tried one of the three restore points a second time out of desperation and it worked - the system is back up and running again! *Smile

Thread marked as solved!

Darkstrike, Apr 30, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Good to see you sorted it out @Darkstrike *Thumbs

Now your system is up and running, it would be good time to make proper backup or system image (like Macrium reflect - it's free for home use). System image is far more reliable than system restore and easy to use, too.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

1. Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen? - Similar Threads - desktop won't boot

2. Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen: My pc won't boot up pass the asus screen. BIOS menu won't openno matter how many time i pressed the key so i can't reinstall windows or do anything else. I've restarted my pc bunch of times but it still doesn't work. I didn't touch any windows' files or change any settings...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen: My pc won't boot up pass the asus screen. BIOS menu won't openno matter how many time i pressed the key so i can't reinstall windows or do anything else. I've restarted my pc bunch of times but it still doesn't work. I didn't touch any windows' files or change any settings...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop PC won't boot pass ASUS screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  6. PC boot but won't load to login screen.

PC boot but won't load to login screen.: [IMG]I've been having this problem for a while now looking for ways to fix but I can't find anything to work. This all happened after an AMD update that should have deleted my old drive but it didn't all my resolution was messed up I couldn't play any games or anything and my...
  7. Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 desktop computer won't boot: I can get into Safe Mode to see that "a recently installed bat binary is corrupt." When I tried downloading a fresh clean copy of Windows 10 it fails and I see "uninstall latest LCU failed - Error 0X490." Any thoughts?...
  8. HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Desktop with Windows 10 won't boot: I have not been able to boot up my Windows 10 HP desktop and have tried the different recovery methods. I ran the diagnostics and everything passed. I also did System Recovery and was not able to find any restore points. At one point it asked me if I wanted to do a backup....
  9. Windows won't boot to login screen after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot to login screen after latest update: After the latest Win 10 update, my HP Envy laptop won't boot to the login screen, only to a screen with the wallpaper and time. Also shows wireless connection and on off button. When I go into system recovery, it says there are no restore points, says there is a problem with...
  10. Windows 10 won't display login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't display login screen: Hi all, I have been using windows 10 for over a year now pretty much daily on my desktop self build computer relatively problem free. I didn't use the machine yesterday but tried to boot it today. It will display the BIOS splash screen, then the windows swirly circle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wont boot to login