Windows 10: Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, hopefully this is in the right section. I have installed Windows 10 on my SSD Samsung Evo 850 500 GB and I am using additional WD HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mysho, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Mysho Win User

Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen

Hello guys,

hopefully this is in the right section.

I have installed Windows 10 on my SSD Samsung Evo 850 500 GB and I am using additional WD HDD 1 TB. Previously I have been using two old HDDs and Windows turned off itself automatically with no problem.

I have also bought new keyboard and new mouse and also USB 3.0 Hub.

My Windows won't turn off itself after clicking on shutdown button. SSD makes beep like it's switched off, no leds are blinking but keyboard, mouse and hub keep lighten up. Also the screen stays blank. Computer sits there for hours, apart from me turning it off manually via power button.

I don't think it is hardware related, because I tried several test shutdowns right after I switch on the computer, it shuts down in seconds. I suspect the problem may be Steam? Everytime I turn on Steam and play games the PC won't shutdown normally.

If you need more info I will provide gladly. I've read the fix is disabling Intel power management driver, but since I have AMD system I get no such option.

Here are my specs:

MB: MSI 970A-G46
    CPU: AMD FX 6100
    GPU: Geforce GTX 960
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3
    SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    HDD: WD Blue 1 TB
    Keyboard: connect it Alien
    Mouse: Steel Series Rival 100
    Headphones: Razer Kraken USB

Thank for any help.

:)

Mysho, Jan 3, 2017

2. windows 10 installation problem

after windows 10 installed, our laptop continues to flash the desktop screen on and off - sometimes with the desktop icons showing and other times a blank desktop. we have turned the laptop off twice to no avail - it is still flashing. any suggestions?

BonnieHickman, Jan 3, 2017
  3. Pete b55 Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar locked

I've just installed Windows 10 and can't do anything with it. The taskbar won't respond when I click on anything, can't get into settings or anything. The space on the bottom left part of the screen were the new screen should be is blank. The apps on the
    rest of the desktop can be accessed by double clicking, but I can't even turn the laptop off normally! Got Windows 10, can't do anything with it. Help!!!

Pete b55, Jan 3, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen

Make sure, you have the latest drivers, particularly ASMedia and AMD Chipset Drivers Choose Optional Downloads.

You can check for additional missing drivers via https://www.drivereasy.com

Try to temporarily disconnect USB Hub to see, if the problem persists.

TairikuOkami, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Mysho Win User
    Thanks for your advice Tairiku!

I have updated ASMedia driver and ethernet driver from the manufacture page and it seems to be working with everything connected to the computer.

Windows has now turned off 6 times in a row with no problem.

I'll mark this thread as solved, in case the problem happens again I'll check back here. *Smile

Have a nice evening.

Mysho, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen

1. Windows 10 Desktop won't turn off - blank screen - Similar Threads - Desktop won't turn

2. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  3. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  4. Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off: My laptop HP Pavilion is approaching two years old and issues about it going to sleep/waking itself up again have always dogged it. I always eventually find a solution to solve a particular problem, but then a few weeks later it starts going wrong again. A few days ago I...
  5. windows 10 display turns blank or black and won't turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 display turns blank or black and won't turn on: I was continuously using the laptop for about 1 hour suddenly it shows application error and display turns blank or black and it won't turn on unless I press the power button for 10 seconds. when I turn on laptop again after 1 hour same problem occurs. It doesn't give me time...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off

Windows 10 lock screen won't turn off: I just upgraded from a surface pro 4 to a surface book 2. However one issue that I've never faced on the surface pro that I'm facing on the surface book is that the lock screen won't turn off (time out). Whenever I locked my screen on the surface pro, the display would turn...
  7. Turn Windows Features On/Off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features On/Off Blank: when i opened up my Turn Windows Features On Or Off it was blank, i tried to fix this for 2~3 weeks and i just can't fix it! i already check all tutorial on youtube and i it all didn't work. can someone help me? already tried to run some services like the Windows Module...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off

Windows 10 1809 Screen won't turn off: I just recently do clean install Windows 10 1809 on Dell optiplex 7020. And I have the problem that the screen won't turn off completely in the specific time. Screen will wake up almost immediately after it turned off So can I have any suggestion to troubleshooting this...
  9. Turn Windows Features on or off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features on or off Blank: Trying to run Age of Empires 3 and getting error code: 0x800F0831. Apparently I need to access Turn Windows Features on or off to fix this problem, but it comes up blank no matter what I try. Windows version is 10.0.16299. Thanks....
  10. Turn Windows Features On or Off blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Windows Features On or Off blank: Hello, everytime I would open Turn Windows Features On or Off it would say "Please Wait" for a few seconds and then everything would be white. I tried sfc /scannow and it couldn't fix it, I tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and it said it didn't have a source...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 screen wont blank

2. desktop screen wont turn off

3. win 10 1809 wont turn off and reeze desktop

4. windows 10 screen wont turn off,
  5. windows 1809 monitor wont turn off,
  6. windows 1809 screen wont turn off,
  7. windows 10 desktop wont turn off,
  8. screen wont turn on desktop,
  9. e6410 windows 10 wont turn off