Windows 10: Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life

Discus and support Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I, like many others, had Windows 10 installed automatically when I wasn't home. I'm not necessarily opposed to this except that it has OBLITERATED my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oobio, Jul 3, 2016.

1. oobio Win User

Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life

I, like many others, had Windows 10 installed automatically when I wasn't home. I'm not necessarily opposed to this except that it has OBLITERATED my battery life. As an ultrabook user, I primarily own my Lenovo T431s because it can last me days at a time, or at least one day of heavy usage (8+ hours). However, I noticed that since Windows 10 was introduced my usage time is not nearly the same. Just listening to music will result in 1-2 hours at best, even with dim settings. I have to count the minutes every time I take my laptop off the charger.

I've read that MS is working on optimizing performance, but this is beyond optimization -- something must be actively draining the machine. Any thoughts?

:)

oobio, Jul 3, 2016

2. How to enable Power drain notification on Windows 10?

Original Title: Power dry notification in windows 10

Hi... Someone pls help me to get Power dry notification after low battery? My System has been completely shutdown without giving any notification about power status... It damages my battery life. Certainly it ll destroy the same if it continues.

Navaneethan S, Jul 3, 2016
  3. N95 Battery problems...i figured mine out

magnets are very bad and could destroy your phone learnt that with the 3250 apart from that they are lots of ways to improve battery life turning the 3g off as well as bluetooth is a start also install handytaskman as there are hidden running apps that
    pull battery life

roberth---01, Jul 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello oobio *Smile

Welcome to tenForums!

To investigate your battery usage please have a look at the following tutorial and work through the steps:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Then you should also run the power efficiency report:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Looking through these reports will help you identify at what times in the day the battery was drained the most, hopefully you can relate it to what you were doing. You may also find there are a number of settings you can tweak to improve battery performance based on the analysis.

philc43, Jul 3, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    One of the items in the latest note from the Insider Preview coordinator Donna Sarker:
    Code: We’ve heard you and we are investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.[/quote]

Ztruker, Jul 4, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    ZTrucker, also doesn't Lenovo have a program that they use with their gear that maintains the battery and power settings. I know with my wife's Lenovo's that she is now on her fourth one from work. All of them have the Lenovo ACPI program installed as a part of their image that they install on the machines.

bro67, Jul 4, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    I don't know as I've never had one of their Desktops. I have the K450 desktop.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Destroyed my Battery Life - Similar Threads - Destroyed Battery Life

2. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  3. Battery Life.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Life.: Hello everyone, I was just wonder if I need to buy a new battery since my battery life on lasts until it gets to about 55-70% battery then just turns off, I have tried taking the battery out and drain it but no good still dies at 60%. If you can help Please it would be great....
  4. battery life

battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  5. Battery Life

Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  6. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  7. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  8. Battery Life

Battery Life: How long is a new HP Pavilion windows 10 battery supposed to last when fully charged? I just got mine for my 18th birthday, which was on July 7th, 2018. Just a few days ago... It was fully charged and the battery went to 20% in five hours... I always keep the brightness down...
  9. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...
  10. battery life

in Windows 10 Support
    battery life: good evening, has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading...