Windows 10: windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor

Discus and support windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade service. It keeps telling me my display adaptor is a Matrox adaptor but the actual adaptor is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ramshill, Nov 17, 2015.

1. ramshill Win User

windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor

I am having a problem with the windows 10 upgrade service.
    It keeps telling me my display adaptor is a Matrox adaptor but the actual adaptor is an intel motherboard adaptor.
    No Matrox adaptor has ever been fitted (I have had the computer for 15 years (various new motherboards etc) and never have used a Matrox adaptor.

It wont let me upgrade as it says the adaptor is not supported.

Any idea whats going on?

:)

ramshill, Nov 17, 2015
  2. Josef Bri Win User

DirectX shows 2 displays on my laptop

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

Have you tried disabling the default display adaptor so that the AMD graphics card will be selected as default display adaptor? Basically, if both adaptors are enabled, the system will detect both.

Let us know how it goes.

Josef Bri, Nov 17, 2015
  3. bparr_151 Win User
    Windows Basic Display Driver

the graphic cards are out dated and no longer supported on windows 10, which is where the Microsoft basic driver display comes in. I don't see it being corrupted, due to two separate computers having the same issue on the same day.

1. I am using win 10 pro VS. 1703 Build 15063.726

2. the last updates this machine received was on 11-15-17 which was the update to version 1703 (KB4049011), (KB4048954), (KB4048951), (KB4011205), (KB4011265), and KB907417 which failed and I had to manually install

3. when I hit the WIN+P it states " your PC cant project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card", then when I go into the display settings screen and scroll down to where it use to show my monitors it states "Multiple
    Displays Old displays might not always connect automatically. Select detect to try and connect to them. I then hit the detect button and the message shows up, did not detect any other monitors. Under the adaptor properties, the adaptor type is Microsoft basic
    display adaptor.

I have tried going into the device manger and uninstalling both the Microsoft basic display and the Radeon display adaptor and rebooting the pc. This has not yielded any results and the drivers are reinstalled upon boot up

bparr_151, Nov 17, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Try updating the chipset drivers, to make sure your adapter is detected properly, then update the graphics drivers.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  5. ramshill Win User
    thanks - tried this but still says i cant upgrade due to Matrox adaptor

ramshill, Nov 17, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Download Aida64 and then go Computer->Summary. The display adapter reported there is your real adapter. Post a screenshot to help you find drivers.

spapakons, Nov 17, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    Are you getting this through Windows Update? Your alternatives would be to use the Media Creation Tool or the ISO files from Techbench. See the tutorials for how to use those.

Matrox? Weird. I think they've been out of the desktop graphics market for something like 10 years.

bobkn, Nov 18, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Use Aida64 to see a summary of your hardware and post it here to help you finding drivers.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  9. ramshill Win User
    Found the problem - I forgot the emulator settings I used a while ago. On clearing them the problem went away!

I have been advised by Microsoft that if all else fails a re-install of Windows 7 clears all this anyway. Of course you could lose other info as well.

ramshill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 detecting wrong display adaptor - Similar Threads - detecting wrong display

2. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  3. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  4. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App: Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.I then installed the...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App: Hi,I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.I then installed the...
  7. Display adaptor not reinstalling

Display adaptor not reinstalling: I have posted on this thread before, but it seems something isnt letting me respond anymore so im making a new post, i just want to know if fully resetting my laptop will return my display adaptor which i unnistalled using every instruction given to me by the post how to stop...
  8. Display adaptor not reinstalling

Display adaptor not reinstalling: So i encountered a problem with recently and decided to fix it, it involved my screen doing weird things like freezing and unfreezing, flashing, random stripes appearing, so i followed the instructions mentioned in how to fix screen flashing now everything is fine, but when i...
  9. Windows Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Basic Display Adaptor: I had Intel HD graphics 3000. I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Home using USB I created it. After the upgrade was complete, I went for the properties. During my Windows 7 version, it was having a x86 based processor. After the upgrade, it changed to x64. When I opened DirectX...
  10. Display Adaptor

Display Adaptor: Hello, I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention. I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 not detecting display adaptor device manger generic

2. wrong display adaptor