Windows 10: Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

Discus and support Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

How to: Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs.

You can have the touch keyboard docked or undocked to the bottom of your screen when opened.
    • When the touch keyboard is undocked, you are free to move the touch keyboard to where you want on the display.
    • When the touch keyboard is docked, it will remain opened across the bottom of your screen, and cannot be moved.
    This tutorial will show you how to dock and undock the touch keyboard on demand for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Touch keyboard docked and undocked

Here's How:

1. While you have the touch keyboard open, click/tap on the keyboard settings menu button, and click/tap on the docked or undocked button for what you want.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Touch Keyboard "snaps"

Hi,

Your concern about the touch keyboard can be due to its configuration on your device and/or broken system components. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you've already tried to undock the touch keyboard.
    • If you've made changes to the settings of the touch keyboard prior to your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

To undock the touch keyboard, you can perform the following:

• Click on the keyboard settings menu.
    • Select the undocked button.

Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 3543a607-a7cf-499f-a607-4ef176b94bec.png

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

On Screen Keyboard "Dock"

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

For Windows 10 touch keyboard :

You can have the touch keyboard docked or undocked to the bottom of your screen when opened.

- When the touch keyboard is undocked, you are free to move the touch keyboard to where you want on the display.

- When the touch keyboard is docked, it will remain opened across the bottom of your screen, and cannot be moved.

Kindly do this,

While you have the touch keyboard open, click/tap on the keyboard settings menu button, and click/tap on the docked or undocked button for what you want.

Thanks to : tenforums.com

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Note:

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 26, 2019
  5. vel2000 Win User
    Force touch keyboard to appear always?

I have a so called "Hybrid" device.
    But I use it mainly in a "docked Tablet mode" like this:

When I undock the tablet, the touch keyboard appears correctly, but in docked mode, it won't show up.
    I can display the touch keyboard manually, but is there any chance to automate this, like in pure tablet mode?

vel2000, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Docked and Undocked crashing issues

My Dell laptop works fine on my dock. If I fully power it down, then undock it, it will not start off the dock. If I put it back on the dock and push the power button, it starts right up.

StevenKantor, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

1. Dock or Undock Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Dock Undock Touch

2. How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 11 Pro device, version 22H2, OS build 22621.1778. When open touch keyboard, it appears at anywhere and I can't dock it to the bottom of the screen. This makes so many inconveniences for me so how I can do to dock the touch keyboard. Thanks!...
  3. How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to dock the touch keyboard on the bottom of the touch screen: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 11 Pro device, version 22H2, OS build 22621.1778. When open touch keyboard, it appears at anywhere and I can't dock it to the bottom of the screen. This makes so many inconveniences for me so how I can do to dock the touch keyboard. Thanks!...
  4. Docking and undocking keeps increasing icon spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking and undocking keeps increasing icon spacing: Dear MS representatives,Will the Windows 10 bug that causes theHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetricsIconSpacing and IconVerticalSpacingto keep increasing from the default value of -1125 each time a Surface Book device is docked and undocked, ever be fixed?I...
  5. Docking and undocking keeps increasing icon spacing

Docking and undocking keeps increasing icon spacing: Dear MS representatives,Will the Windows 10 bug that causes theHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetricsIconSpacing and IconVerticalSpacingto keep increasing from the default value of -1125 each time a Surface Book device is docked and undocked, ever be fixed?I...
  6. Docking and undocking keeps increasing icon spacing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens: I am an avid touchscreen user, and frequently type on my Surface Studio 2 using the onscreen touch keyboard. In both Windows 10 and in Windows 11 on smaller screens, the keyboard can dock at the bottom of the screen, shifting screen content up so that the touch keyboard does...
  8. Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens

Restoring the ability to dock the touch keyboard on large touchscreens: I am an avid touchscreen user, and frequently type on my Surface Studio 2 using the onscreen touch keyboard. In both Windows 10 and in Windows 11 on smaller screens, the keyboard can dock at the bottom of the screen, shifting screen content up so that the touch keyboard does...
  9. Restoring window placement when undocking and docking a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring window placement when undocking and docking a laptop: I have two extra screens on my laptop at work. I take my laptop to a meeting with no extra screens connected. I come back, dock the laptop, and the windows need to be rearranged again. Is there a way to get windows or a utility to keep track of the overall screen...
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging after dock/undock

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging after dock/undock: I have a Dell laptop and a Dell external monitor. I am running Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.1884 I have seen other posts about this but nothing recent. I am new to using a laptop with a second monitor. Every time I dock or undock the laptop, the desktop icons...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. undock windows 10 on screen keyboard