Windows 10: Windows 10 Device Manager won't open

Discus and support Windows 10 Device Manager won't open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; mmc is blocking all access to my device. I can't open Device Manager, Event Viewer. The certificate link in the popup does not work either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BruceRandall1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Device Manager won't open

mmc is blocking all access to my device. I can't open Device Manager, Event Viewer.

The certificate link in the popup does not work either.

:)

BruceRandall1, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Device Manager won't open

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Device Manager won't open

1. Windows 10 Device Manager won't open - Similar Threads - Device Manager won't

2. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  3. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager not opening: So I logged in pc 3 days ago to play the call of duty, and I was lagging. So I closed out of the game and it told me to update my drives. So I look up how to do that and it tells me to go to device manager but it closes after only a second of being opened. So I try checking...
  4. Device manager not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to open "Device Manager Shortcuts" - Windows 10

Unable to open "Device Manager Shortcuts" - Windows 10: Hello all So, this is frustrating the garbage out of me. I have not updated nor have I installed any programs since and now when I try to open device manager from the WIN+X shortcut it displays this error Have tried the following: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Dism...
  6. How to open the Device Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open the Device Manager in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Device Manager in Windows 10 provides a central and organized view of all […] This article How to open the Device Manager in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Device Manager won't close

Device Manager won't close: Lenovo 920 windows 10. I had no sound on my laptop, so I went to device manager-sound-Realtek-update driver internet. Green bar has been going 2 hours. I clicked cancel no good. Tried alt-f4-delete. no good . how can i stop green bar and get sound back?...
  8. Device Manager will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Manager will not open: I cannot open Device Manager. I get a message: "Cannot save the archive 'control.zip' to the folder . . .". This also happens with other commands. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-will-not-open/ae659dd3-3168-4a28-835d-756d4295dd77
  9. can not open the device manager

can not open the device manager: can not open the device manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/can-not-open-the-device-manager/ca966c04-3554-44ba-98d4-9e9b2d5d81d2
  10. Open Device Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Device Manager in Windows 10: How to: Open Device Manager in Windows 10 How to Open Device Manager in Windows 10 Device Manager displays information about each device. This includes the device type, device status, manufacturer, device-specific properties, and information about the driver for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager wont open

2. windows 10 device manager wont open

3. device manager wont open windows 10

4. device manager not opening,
  5. device manager will not open windows 10,
  6. device manager not opening windows 10,
  7. cant open device manager,
  8. windows device manager wont open,
  9. not able to open device manager on windows 10,
  10. windows 10 device manager does not open,
  11. device manager will not open,