Windows 10: Windows 10 Digital audio (S/PDIF) Working one day: the next, not.

Discus and support Windows 10 Digital audio (S/PDIF) Working one day: the next, not. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday my optical audio was working just fine. I had it going through to a denon avr-2105 receiver w/ 5.1 surround sound. Today, there is no audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DivingTacos, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Digital audio (S/PDIF) Working one day: the next, not.

Yesterday my optical audio was working just fine. I had it going through to a denon avr-2105 receiver w/ 5.1 surround sound.
    Today, there is no audio going though. Here is the problem:
    I used another digital audio device and troubleshoot both the cord and receiver/speakers are working.
    I disconnected the S/PDIF cord from the computer and played music. this was the resulting screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/atadeA3.png

Motherboard:
    msi x99s sli plus (Realtek ALC892)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and even rolled back. No sound.
    I'm only posting this to see if anyone else has this problem/on rare chance someone might have an idea.

:)

DivingTacos, Aug 1, 2015
  2. mmortal03 Win User

DTS sound over s/pdif. Windows 10

I'm experiencing something similar, where Dolby Digital 5.1 works through S/PDIF optical, but DTS Audio does not. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit Anniversary Update with the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers.

I get no sound when testing DTS Audio in the Realtek Digital Output properties -> Supported Formats tab.

mmortal03, Aug 1, 2015
  3. ga_sk8er Win User
    Headphones Won't Work With Windows 10

on some computers the s/pdif is also the headphone jack. try to enable that.

just right-click on the "digital output (s/pdif)" & select to enable.

if the s/pdif is part of the headphone jack that means you had the entire port disabled so no headphones could work & by doing you you have now re-enabled the port.

ga_sk8er, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Digital audio (S/PDIF) Working one day: the next, not.

Did you find a way to make this work? I have a GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 and it does similar - the onboard Realtek audio works for a day or two, then stops. I tried using an old USB Startech sound card with SPDIF and it did the same thing -- worked fine immediately after I plugged it in, but I came back an hour later and nothing was working. Very frustrating.

urtlking2jo, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Digital audio (S/PDIF) Working one day: the next, not.

1. Windows 10 Digital audio (S/PDIF) Working one day: the next, not. - Similar Threads - Digital audio PDIF

2. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  3. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?: Hello I have a question, after I resolved a problem of my PC, I reinstall AMD drivers and after it install it. In "Sound" a playback option called "Digital Audio S/PDIF" appears. What it do? And what thing can do with it?...
  4. What is "Digital Audio S/PDIF"?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Digital Audio S/PDIF not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Digital Audio S/PDIF not working on Windows 10: Hello,I recently got an HDMI to DVI cable for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti for my PC to help with a sound issue. My computer lists "Digital Audio S/PDIF" as an option, saying the driver is just fine and even having the bar that shows that audio is playing is animated as if...
  6. Digital Audio Output S/PDIF failure after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital Audio Output S/PDIF failure after windows update: Since the latest Windows 10 update my Digital Audio Output S/PDIF is not producing any sound.When I test the output it shows the device in place and reports it as working correctly. I can see the audio output going up and down on the device but no sound is coming through.My...
  7. I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF

I can't hear sound from "Digital Audio S/PDIF: Please someone help me! Since i update windows 10 i can't hear sound. Please anyone can solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-sound-from-digital-audio-spdif/9acff193-acba-45e1-ba4e-02989eb86022
  8. Windows 10 s/pdif not working.

Windows 10 s/pdif not working.: HI all, new to this forum. My system is as follows. My PC is based on an ASUS Prime Z370-A-II. Intel lI5 9600KF, 16 Gbytes of RAM, Radeon RX580 GPU connect via HDMI to a Samsung QLED 55 curved TV via a Marantz SR7005 AV receiver. I am cannot get audio to play using the...
  9. Windows 10 s/pdif not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 s/pdif not working.: HI all, new to this forum. My system is as follows. My PC is based on an ASUS Prime Z370-A-II. Intel lI5 9600KF, 16 Gbytes of RAM, Radeon RX580 GPU connect via HDMI to a Samsung QLED 55 curved TV via a Marantz SR7005 AV receiver. I am cannot get audio to play using the...
  10. Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio device detected as Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device NO AUDIO: My audio device used to only be named High quality audio device but after moving to another part of my house I was presented with the new audio name Digital audio S/pdif high definition audio device and now I have no audio...