Windows 10: Windows 10 digital license; how many times ok to use

Discus and support Windows 10 digital license; how many times ok to use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, I upgraded two win7 PC's to Win10 and rolled both back to win7. Worked really good I might add. Need to know if there is any restrictions on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesEJ, Aug 9, 2016.

1. JamesEJ Win User

Windows 10 digital license; how many times ok to use

Recently, I upgraded two win7 PC's to Win10 and rolled both back to win7. Worked really good I might add. Need to know if there is any restrictions on how many times I can do this again with my digital entitlement form each win7 PC.

I would like to go back in forth on occasion to a slower win10 learning experience as time goes on, and that.

Also, can I tell what win10 version I got from a win7 pc, & how to verify the digital entitlement is in place from my win7 PC?

Thanks in advance guys, Jim *Smile

:)

JamesEJ, Aug 9, 2016

2. In how many devices can I install windows 10 Pro

I am currently using Windows 10 Pro at work, it says windows is activated using a digital license and linked to my microsoft account, Can I install windows 10 Pro in a virtual machine and activate it with the same microsoft account? how many devices are
    allowed? in how many devices can I use the same digital license?

Carlos Esteban Diaz Zamora, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 9, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Jim,
    Once W10 has been installed and activated on a system, it can be clean installed as often as you like/need. The digital license is linked to that system for the life of it. However, constantly upgrading and then rolling back is potentially asking for trouble, in my opinion. Many people have had successful rollbacks like you, while others have encountered problems. The best thing to do is image your W7 system so you have something to fall back on if things don't go right. Macrium Reflect Free is a good program and many members here use it.

simrick, Aug 9, 2016
  5. JamesEJ Win User
    Thank You for your insight & suggestions! Jim

JamesEJ, Aug 9, 2016
  6. You might consider dual booting instead of rollback upgrade. Or running one OS from a Virtual Machine

alphanumeric, Aug 10, 2016
  7. JamesEJ Win User
    Thank You. See the logic I think. Will look those up for a looksee so I can pretend to know how to, and that. He haw! Jim

JamesEJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 digital license; how many times ok to use - Similar Threads - digital license many

2. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  3. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?: Hello,I have a Windows 10 PC Which is activated using Digital License but, My question is that, How many time can I activate Windows using that Digital license I am asking this because when I open CMD.exe and type "slmgr /dlv", It says that I have 1001 Rearm Count.Thanks!...
  4. How many time can I Reactivate Windows with a Digital License?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license

Unable to activate Windows 10 using a digital license: Hello,I bought a new computer and want to activate Windows 10 Home. I have a digital license associated with my account upgraded from windows 8, windows was not pre installed on my computer at the time. However, after troubleshooting and informing hardware change, I get the...
  6. Windows 10 digital license re-use

Windows 10 digital license re-use: Hi, According to activation settings page, I have a digital Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. In case I need to change to a new computer due to theft or upgrade, is this type of license eligible for re-installation? Which information will I need to...
  7. How many digital licenses can be linked to a microsoft account?

How many digital licenses can be linked to a microsoft account?: I have two PCs and I want to link both the retail licenses to a microsoft account. Can I do this? And how do I transfer the license to another computer?...
  8. How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on?

How many different devices can i use my digital winodws 10 license on?: How many different devices can i use my digital widnows 10 license on? i upgraded to windows 10 from a retail version of windows 8 on my main pc, i also used my digital license to activate windows 10 on another laptop i had that is now out of commision. im thinking of...
  9. How Many Digital License in My Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Many Digital License in My Account: I want to check how many digital license is attached to my Microsoft Account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-digital-license-in-my-account/0b99005d-871a-44a5-a808-845ff1357227
  10. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC: Im currently building my new PC and couldnt find a definitive answer to my question: Can I use my current Harddrive in my new PC and still use Windows because of my Microsoft Account or do I have to purchase a new license for the new PC?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digital license windows 10 how many uses