Windows 10: Windows 10 Disable Account Picture On Login Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Disable Account Picture On Login Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I wish to disable the account picture on my login screen. That is to say, I want a flat-coloured screen, which displays the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Inquiry, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Inquiry Win User

Windows 10 Disable Account Picture On Login Screen

Hi everybody,

I wish to disable the account picture on my login screen. That is to say, I want a flat-coloured screen, which displays the user/account name and the password line only as I prefer a clean slender design.

I already disabled the login screen background towards a flat-coloured one using the following registry hack:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]
    „DisableLogonBackgroundImage“=dword:00000001

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _
    At this point my message should end, but since I busied myself with this registry topic, I started to wonder how to define not rename) the name of a DWORD/registry key at all:

- How can I know, what is the right wording/coding for a DWORD in order to make it work properly? How do I know, which expression does Windows recognize? Is there any library or handbook?
    - How can I know whats the right path/directory, where a DWORD/registry key needs to placed?

I dont expect you to answer the bundle of last questions, since they do not belong to my thread initiation - so it is still just about the account picture.
    Nevertheless I would deeply appreciate any buzzwords or hints you may have in mind, that help me to get a bit deeper into the adressed matter, as I am keen to learn and improve.

Many thanks in andvance!!!

:)

Inquiry, Nov 18, 2015

2. Can't login to window 10

I upgraded window 7 Home to window 10 Home yesterday. I try disable login screen o window 10 follow this tutorial:

How To Disable Login Screen In Windows 10

but not succeeded

Then I remove all account on "User account"

Windows 10 Disable Account Picture On Login Screen [​IMG]

And when I restart. The login screen appear a account with password. I tried with my microsoft account (I also login to Microsoft account to work with cortana.), everything... but still can't login. Please help me. Thanks.

SonNguyen1610, Nov 18, 2015
  3. netplwiz is frozen in Windows 10

Who set up the PC? Is it a factory install which came with both Administrator and Home User accounts? If the only account showing up in Account Settings (check under My Info and Family and other Accounts) is Home User then it may merely have unhidden the
    built-in Admin account which is normally hidden. To check this use the hide command in:

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

If this doesn't remove the Admin account then scour again all the Accounts setting pages to see if you see its listing.

In order to get netplwiz to work to hide the Log-in screen, it may require elevating the Home User account to Admin level.

How to change a Windows 10 user account type and why
    . This should unblock the settings in the wizard

See also
    How to Skip the Windows 10 Login Screen

and
    Disable login screen, netplwiz did not work | Windows 10 Forums

Please let us know how this goes. I'll keep working with you until it's fixed.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Disable Account Picture On Login Screen

1. Windows 10 Disable Account Picture On Login Screen - Similar Threads - Disable Account Picture

2. How to disable windows 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable windows 10 login screen: I have tried the following Please try to toggle off "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts", Press Start then click SettingsGear icon Select Accounts > Sign-in options Toggle off "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" or Open Registry Editor...
  3. Disable login screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable login screen on Windows 10: I have tried just about every suggestion on the WEB to disable the login screen. The following procedure I have tried with no success:USER ACCOUNT SETTINGSUsers must enter a user name and password to use this computer.Comment: Missing, not...
  4. Disable login screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable login screen on Windows 10: I have tried just about every suggestion on the WEB to disable the login screen. The following procedure I have tried with no success:USER ACCOUNT SETTINGSUsers must enter a user name and password to use this computer.Comment: Missing, not...
  5. Disable login screen on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Disable Windows Login Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable Windows Login Screen: I have to support several PCs in an industrial setting used for machine control and data collection. If there is power loss they must come up and run their applications without human intervention.I have always been able to disable the login screen, from the netplwiz account...
  7. How To Disable Login Screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How To Disable Login Screen Windows 10: I have been looking everywhere for the answer and cannot find advice that works. How can I turn on my PC and not have to sign in and have it go directly to my desktop? I have tried netplwiz a bunch of times and it does not work....
  8. picture on windows 10 login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    picture on windows 10 login screen: Why does the picture on the login screen keep changing? Where does it come from? How can I select the best picture? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-windows-10-login-screen/0672f366-ecf5-40b8-8440-5bef9099131b
  9. Disable Pre-Login picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Pre-Login picture: Win 10 pro, latest updates Hi, My machine has no password prompt at startup. Ive eliminated the pretty picture page at boot and would like do the same at sign in/out. In fact, since I am the only user, id like to bypass the sign-in page as well, including at startup...
  10. Windows 10 Login Screen Animation disable

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Login Screen Animation disable: Dear All, I am newbie to this forum and I need help on one situation. I am working on a project and I am using Windows 10 Tablet PC from china manufacturer. I wrote a program on C# with .Net framework and load it to pc. I have two user account. One is Admin and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable windows 10 account picture