Windows 10: Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

Discus and support Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tchandl1, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Tchandl1 Win User

Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

After reviewing all the questions and responses, poking at every possible menu window I could find. I followed the suggestion of placing a mousepad over the touch pad. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy :) I recommend one of thin mouse pads fold it in half, tuck one half under the notebook and the top half over the touchpad.

Works perfect and takes only seconds to install, is very portable, uses no power when in battery mode and very inexpensive.

Thank you Microsoft for another elegant solution!!!! NOT

TC

:)

Tchandl1, Jul 20, 2018
  2. arliedog Win User

Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

I have a Synaptics touch pad on my HP Envy laptop. Prior to upgrading to Windows 10 if I went to mouse in the control panel there was a checkbox to check to disable the touch pad if a external mouse was detected. This worked fine. Now under Windows 10 I can still check the box to disable the touch pad but the setting does not stick and has to be rechecked after every reboot. Is there a way to get this setting to stick? There is no disable setting in the device manager for the Synaptics touch pad.

arliedog, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Disable touch pad after installing Windows 10

Hello - I am having a problem too. Upgraded my Mom's computer to Windows 10 and I go in and check the box "Disable track pad when USB device is in" however after each reboot it comes right back on and it is frustrating as she rests heavily on the trackpad as she prefers using a mouse. Please help!

bphunter07, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

no mouse or touch pad

after a recent windows update my mouse and touch pad wont work. I have an HP Envy 15 with Win 10 home x64. I have spent hours installing and uninstalling the synaptics driver but it wont start.

a previous post suggest a registry edit but this was for Win8

Graham and MoHowson, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy

1. Windows 10 disable touch pad on HP Envy - Similar Threads - disable touch pad

2. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  3. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  4. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  5. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  6. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touch pad: disable touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/997b2e32-56f8-4509-8a81-b85222278f94
  8. Disable Touch Pad on HP Laptop running Windows 10.

Disable Touch Pad on HP Laptop running Windows 10.: I can no longer disable Touchpad Synaptics SMBus Touchpad on HP laptop with windows 10. Typical Disabling Driver options through Device control panel are not available. Disable driver options are grayed out. Are there other ways to disable the touch pad? Key strokes...
  9. Disable Touch Pad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Touch Pad.: Hello to the Microsoft Community, I have a HP Laptop, about 7 months old, running Windows 10, Intel core i5 processor, 8.00 GB Ram, 64bit operating system, x 64 bit-based processor. No pen or touch input. I recently did a windows 10 upgrade to 1909 the latest edition....
  10. Disable Touch Pad

Disable Touch Pad: How can I disable the touchpad on my new HP laptop when there is no touchpad tab under devices? I use a mouse exclusively, and have a difficult time not touching the touch pad when I type. It's really annoying to have to keep searching for my cursor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp envy touchpad not working

2. turn off touchpad hp envy

3. hp envy disable touchpad

4. http://driverupdater.esecureshoppe.com/,
  5. how disable touchpad when mouse is connected on a hp envy,
  6. who makes the touchpad in an HP Envy?,
  7. button on keyobard to stop touchpad not working hp envy,
  8. windows hp envy laptop touchpad install,
  9. how to disable keypad on hp envy windows 10,
  10. hp envy touchpad,
  11. envy 13-ab0001nf touchpad,