Windows 10: Windows 10 disabled admin account

Discus and support Windows 10 disabled admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hello I have a lenovo laptop with the TMP chip and bitlocker. I had a admin account on the domain but i took the laptop off the domain, did not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by upendesai, Jun 17, 2016.

1. upendesai Win User

Windows 10 disabled admin account

hello

I have a lenovo laptop with the TMP chip and bitlocker.

I had a admin account on the domain but i took the laptop off the domain, did not realise that the local administrator account is disabled.

So now i can only login to the laptop with a standard account. Is there a way to enable administrative rights on the laptop again. I cannot join the PC back to the domain it says access denied in powershell.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
    many thanks in advance.
    Upen Desai

:)

upendesai, Jun 17, 2016

2. Use admin account with admin rights disabled

Create a new standard user account the guest account is limited.

OctavianQR, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Use admin account with admin rights disabled

To prevent unwanted changes by my self or others do I want to create a guest account which I will use as my main account. I did and on one computer windows can even load one of the profiles. On the computer where I can create a guest account which works
    do I need to setup a lot of programs which are not available for the guest (like my browser or my onedrive linked to the email on the admin account ect). So I thought, is it possible to use the admin account but with admin rights disabled and when you need
    admin right you re-enter the password?

(Or does somebody has an idea how I can use the onedrive linked to the admin account and how I can assign already installed programs to guest accounts?)

Greetings,

Vincent

Vincent van Duijnhoven, Jun 17, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Upen Desai and welcome to Tenforums.

Please have a read of this tutorial.
    Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Once you get the hidden Admin account enabled, you'll be able to change your user account from standard to admin. Then please remember to hide the Admin account when you're finished. *Smile

simrick, Jun 17, 2016
  5. upendesai Win User
    Hi

Thank you for coming back to me, i have explored all the options you have suggested, but in each instance i an asked to do the task with elevated privileges. The only active account on this laptop is the standard user, which is what i use to login with.

I hope this makes sense.

Upen

upendesai, Jun 17, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    The problem is that you have no admin account with which to perform the task. However, Option 4 in the tutorial does give you a work around but you have to boot from USB or DVD media in order to open an elevated command prompt. The links in option 4 show you how to create bootable media if you do not have any.

philc43, Jun 17, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Yes, you need to do this via option #4. That's your only possibility.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 disabled admin account - Similar Threads - disabled admin account

2. Disable Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Admin Account: If I use my new admin account and disable my main admin account I always use in command prompt, what will happen to my main admin account if I'm in my new admin account?...
  3. Disable Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Admin Account: If I use my new admin account and disable my main admin account I always use in command prompt, what will happen to my main admin account if I'm in my new admin account?...
  4. Admin Permissions Disabled for all accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin Permissions Disabled for all accounts on Windows 10.: I accidently changed roles for all accounts on my computer to something other than administrator. I've tried multiple ways to fix this but I can't.Command Prompt: Access is denied.Admin Command Prompt: Can't run without admin.Admin Command Prompt on restart menu: Doesn't want...
  5. Admin Permissions Disabled for all accounts on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Permissions Disabled for all accounts on Windows 10.: I accidently changed roles for all accounts on my computer to something other than administrator. I've tried multiple ways to fix this but I can't.Command Prompt: Access is denied.Admin Command Prompt: Can't run without admin.Admin Command Prompt on restart menu: Doesn't want...
  6. Admin account disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account disabled: Can someone help me? Running Win10 Pro on Dell laptop E6500. When booting up, the Administrator account does not appear in the log in screen. This is because the account is disabled, for some reason. So I log in with my local account with administrative rights. I'm trying...
  7. Disable Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Admin Account: how to disable administrator account in windows 10 that I've forgotten pp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-admin-account/6d40db04-e19f-424b-9c88-5e39b7de74d2"
  8. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  9. The only admin account is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only admin account is disabled: A while ago I changed the only account on my PC Dell Inspiron, 11.Windows 10 from the Administrator to User. A few days ago I tried to get back the admin account because I cannot run any downloaded programme because the system requires the admin account. I tried to create a...
  10. Admin Account Disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Account Disabled: Hi All, I have a issues in where I connected my laptop to my customers domain to assist with a few issues. Upon leaving the domain and going back to a workgroup I realised that their server had applied a group policy that disabled by local admin account. I am now left with my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. admin accounts on windows 10 is disabled solve

2. account enabled 1809