Windows 10: Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside

Discus and support Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello WindowsTenForums I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem I seem to have, I used to run windows 7 flawlessly on my SSD with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Flopflip, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Flopflip Win User

Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside

Hello WindowsTenForums

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem I seem to have, I used to run windows 7 flawlessly on my SSD with no problems at all, I upgraded to windows 10 a while back and that was fine. But for some reason a few months on windows 10 would just freeze up on me and I was unable to open programs, shut down. It would just completely freeze.

So I did a fresh install of windows 10 on my ssd and it worked fine again for 2 months.

Then again today it updated automatically and restarted and it keeps freezing again, and when I try to boot my computer up sometimes it loads windows and sometimes it does not.

The SATA Controller is looking for hard disk, and it takes a long time to find anything. Then it finds the hdd's and my ssd and it says loading operating system. Then the dots go like this . . . . . . . . . . FAILED TO BOOT FROM DISK

I ran a CHKSDK /r and /f and that seems to help the problem for sometime. But then its just a matter of time before the problem returns.

Not sure what the problem is.. ?

SSD Dying ? But if that is the case why did it work fine for months after a fresh format?

Sata cable?

Mobo dying?

Sorry if this is typed really bad, it's 4am here and I am just a little fustrated.

Thank you all for readng

:)

Flopflip, Nov 27, 2015

2. Error code 0xc0000098. You'll need to use recovery tools if you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer."

Hello,

Here's more info :

File :\Boot\BCD

"You'll need to use recovery tools if you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

The problem is that I'm already booting Windows 10 installation from usb device and it's giving me this error, I see no way to close it...

After restarting PC without USB gives error "Disk boot failure Insert system disk" , does this me mean that I need like Windows 7 disk or does this mean that my Hard drive is broken?

Davidi159846, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Need help More Info Inside

for the mail app it had said 'sorry we were unable to do that error code 0x800704CF

VanitasLover, Nov 27, 2015
  4. Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside

Please fill in your system spec's, make of mobo, age etc. this will help to determine what could be your problem.

I'm also having issues with my desktop, which started after 10586.0 was installed, that is a few days later, lots of freezing, have to do a cold reboot, there seems to be no reason why.

I run a dual boot, one with an older HDD running with the insider preview, and a SSD for my main windows 10.

Both are at the latest update 10586.14.

My older HDD runs just fine with no lockups, which is almost 10 years old.

Anyway the SSD is 6 months old and hopefully is not failing.

Have been doing the online update with my SSD, but since the problem started I've done sfc and dism checks, formatted twice, but the freezing continues intermittently.... we seem to have a similar problem.

Flopflip welcome to the forums, there are lots of helpful people on here.

kingstonian, Nov 27, 2015
  5. Flopflip Win User
    Hello and sure I they are as follows
    Operating System

almost 5 years old (Gpu is 3 months old)

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68AP-D3 (Socket 1155) 37 °C

Graphics
    SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
    SyncMaster (1680x1050@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Gigabyte)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (MSI) 58 °C

Storage
    111GB KINGSTON SVP200S3120G (SSD) 25 °C
    931GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ (SATA) 26 °C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 (SATA) 27 °C

Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB

Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Flopflip, Nov 27, 2015
  6. Flopflip Win User
    Just another quick update, after running the CHKSDK windows seems to run okay.

This problem happens only after windows 10 updates...

I don't really understand how a windows 10 update can break my computer and then a CHKDSDK can ammend it until the next update, where again I will have to repeat the steps.

Flopflip, Nov 27, 2015
  7. Strange behavior for sure, I only found one corrupt check after running SFC /Scannow, It locks up at random times, but mostly when online with any browser, Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer.

Just think it's software rather than hardware related, in my case.

kingstonian, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside

1. Windows 10 (Disk boot failure) more info inside - Similar Threads - Disk boot failure

2. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Failure to boot: Fresh computer build, I successfully installed Windows 10 on it, I downloaded some varying drivers for different things, GeForce Experience, Chipset drivers, etc, installed them. Went to restart computer and then the problem began. Problem: Computer turns on, thinks for 15 or...
  3. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Failure to boot: Fresh computer build, I successfully installed Windows 10 on it, I downloaded some varying drivers for different things, GeForce Experience, Chipset drivers, etc, installed them. Went to restart computer and then the problem began. Problem: Computer turns on, thinks for 15 or...
  4. Windows 10 Failure to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot failure: I'm using a ~4 year old Acer Nitro 5. Yesterday it was working fine. Today I went to wake it from sleep and log in, and my desktop failed to load. If I click on the task bar or start menu, I get a popup titled "Microsoft Windows" giving the usual "This process isn't...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot after data disk failure: So, I've got 5 disks in my PC One NVMe SSD where Windows 10 is installed, set as first boot disk in BIOS A couple SSDs and another couple of HDDs. The HDDs are configured on RAID 0 from the Windows utility no 3rd party drivers, controllers, etc... One of the HDDs were at risk...
  7. 100% Disk Usage + CD/DVD Disk Boot Failure on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% Disk Usage + CD/DVD Disk Boot Failure on Windows 10: Recently I’ve been having issues with my disk and computer over all. Starting a couple days ago, I began having occasional trouble booting my computer. It would go through the brief BIOS/CMOS screen stuff about IDE Channel masters and slaves which I’m not familiar with as...
  8. Windows 10 KB4535996 bugs: Sign Tool, Boot failures and more

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4535996 bugs: Sign Tool, Boot failures and more: Since its release in late February, the Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 optional monthly update has led to a litany of bugs. Windows 10 users are being plagued by more problems following KB4535996 (optional update) that was supposed to fix known issues with Windows Search...
  9. Viewing disk info on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing disk info on Windows 10: I need to review several disks containing X-rays/CT scans. I load them and nothing happens. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-disk-info-on-windows-10/dc4a0630-1c48-4eaf-9a38-1d72616103d8
  10. Any ideas as to why my laptop freezes? More info inside

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any ideas as to why my laptop freezes? More info inside: Computer: ASUSTek Q524UQ 2-in-1 Laptop/Tabet -Purchased in early August, 2016 Specs: Intel i7-6500U Dual Core 2.5GHz Processor NVIDIA GeForce 940MX - 2GB 2TB HDD @ 5400 RPM 12GB DDR4 SDRAM @ 2133 MHz NOTICE: I would consider myself a decently experienced...