Windows 10: Windows 10 Disk Image stops with error 807800c5

Discus and support Windows 10 Disk Image stops with error 807800c5 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After installing a retail version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I was successful in creating a Windows 10 Pro USB System and USB Recovery. However when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Archquark, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Archquark Win User

Windows 10 Disk Image stops with error 807800c5

After installing a retail version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit I was successful in creating a Windows 10 Pro USB System and USB Recovery. However when attempting to do a system image backup to a 2TB Hitachi external drive after about a minute received error 807800c5 error.
    I noted another thread where problem was fixed by the following:

The solution is to remove the EFI partition from old hard disk.
    1.cmd
    2.diskpart
    3.select disk X ( X== the number of your old HDD)
    3. list partition (find what is the number of your the partition labeled as system)
    4. select partition X
    5. del partition override
    now you can make system image back up.
    you can extend one of your partitions using the newly created free spaced
    go to disk management select the partition you want to extend right click on it and select extend.

I am not certain if this is specific to my problem.

Since I wish to retain the second HDD with the Windows 8.1 OEM version will this cause a problem. This disk presently has 5 partitions which are listed in order:
    1. 500 MB EFI Partition
    2. 40 MB OEM Partition
    3. 2 GB Recovery Partition
    4. 1852.10 GB OEM 8.1 Partition
    5. 8.26 GB Recovery Partition

I will not be dual booting and only be using the SSD as the system boot disk.

Dell 8700 XPS
    120 GB Kingston SSD with retail version of Windows 10 Pro
    2 TB 7200 HDD with OEM version of Windows 8.1 Home
    16 GB Memory
    16 X DVD
    Intel i7 4790 processor 3.60 Mhz

:)

Archquark, Aug 29, 2015
  2. DiveDave Win User

Windows 10 System Image backup failed. Error code (0x80780081)

I got the same error, and solved by following these commands:

1.cmd

2.diskpart

3.select disk X ( X== the number of your old HDD)

3. list partition (find what is the number of your the partition labeled as system)

4. select partiton X

5. del partition override

Original discussion is here:

system image backup, 807800c5 error - Windows 10 Forums

DiveDave, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Daros35 Win User
    Can't create disk image in Windows 10

Original title: Disk Image

When I click on "Create a disk image" in File history in Windows 10 the blue circle spins for 2 seconds then stops and nothing happens. It did work once but not now. Why?.

Daros35, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Disk Image stops with error 807800c5

1. Windows 10 Disk Image stops with error 807800c5 - Similar Threads - Disk Image stops

2. ERROR - Windows 11 Disk Image ISO not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR - Windows 11 Disk Image ISO not Installing: ERRORI can't install the Download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO for x64 devices and it were suggest for me since I have a problem installing the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375A message appear on the screen says:"We are...
  3. Virtual Disk Image Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk Image Error: After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the...
  4. Virtual Disk Image Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Disk Image Error: After my VirtualBox VM of Windows 7 became inaccessible, I deleted it and replaced it with another virtual machine, but used the same virtual disk image as the old one. However, after I deleted the old one, I realized that my virtual disk image was removed along with the...
  5. ISO Windows 10 Disk Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO Windows 10 Disk Image: Hi. I'm running a Mac and want to use Boot Camp to run Windows 10. iMac 2019, Mac OS 10.14.6. I follow the directions to the "Download Windows 10 Disk Image" page, plug in Windows 10, English, 64-bit, hit Download, and a file shows up in my Downloads folder that has the...
  6. Win 10 system disk Image.... check for errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 system disk Image.... check for errors: I just made a system disk image of my windows 10 operating system on an external drive and want to make sure it has no defects. How do I check it for errors? and will this image install ALL of my files on a new Hard drive if my existing hard drive fails (crashes) Thank you...
  7. Disk image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disk image: I made a disk image using Reflex. I tried to do a restore to see how It would work. I ended up making 4 files all of which can be used to restore because they have all the folders and files that were backed up. Since I don’t need all of them I tried to delete them but they...
  8. Making a disk image in Windows 10

Making a disk image in Windows 10: I want to make a disk image of my Windows 10 drive so that if I decided to downgrade to Windows 10 Home I'll some of my data saved. Is this theoretically possible? 37400
  9. system image backup, 807800c5 error

system image backup, 807800c5 error: hi, i have a problem with windows system image backup. my OEM windows 8.1 was installed on normal HDD with mbr partition config. so i bought an SDD make an image back up from my drive c. and then use windows DVD to recover(install) the image on new SDD. now after i...
  10. Restore a windows 10 disk image

Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...