Windows 10: Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering

Discus and support Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Stick 300 (Intel Compute stick clone) and I formatted the drive. I made a recovery USB and when I boot it and try to install, it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by guyman70718, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering

I have a Lenovo Stick 300 (Intel Compute stick clone) and I formatted the drive. I made a recovery USB and when I boot it and try to install, it says something like "drive too small." It has a 32/28GB SSD and I could install Windows x86 on it. I can't get the graphics driver in 32 bit though.

:)

guyman70718, Apr 13, 2016
  2. farby Win User

my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Apr 13, 2016
  3. my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

i hav C6 n it is givin me error when i delete the broken images it displays "systen error" although i dont have any images in my phone memory n m not usin memory card also... plzz help..

omkar_bartakke, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering

What is your graphics? If it is Intel, Nvidia, ATI/AMD, etc. then it should have a 32-bit version --> Just go the graphics drivers' website and download the 32-bit version of Windows 10.

I would install the 32-bit version, even though 64-bit would be nice. *Smile

Hope this helps *Biggrin

Computer Chicken, Apr 13, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Why can't you use the graphic driver that came on the stick from the factory? I can't imagine it came with a 64 bit OS from the factory.

Well, does look like it came with Windows 64-bit from the factory!

My NextBook Flexx 10 tablet has the exact same chipset, and I have 32-bit Windows 10 with Intel HD drivers on it.

NavyLCDR, Apr 14, 2016
  6. But, I still need my product key... If you could tell me what driver it is and I could figure out the product key, I would be fine.

guyman70718, Apr 14, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The product key should be in BIOS and the November update build of Windows 10 should read it when installed and not ask you for a product key. I'll have to sort through the drivers exported from my tablet and figure out which one is the video driver.

Here is the 32 bit driver running on my Windows 10:
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Windows 10 should install with the Microsoft Basic Video driver. Extract the zip file from above. In Device Manager, right click on the Microsoft Basic Video Driver, browse your computer, point it to the folder extracted.

NavyLCDR, Apr 14, 2016
  8. Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering

I have checked the BIOS already. I can find tons of product numbers, but no product key. I can try to look again.
    Also, is that driver the Intel HD Graphics driver? It came with Intel drivers.

guyman70718, Apr 14, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    1. What did you use to check for a product key in bios?
    2. Yes, it is the Intel HD Graphics driver for the exact same Intel Atom chipset.

NavyLCDR, Apr 14, 2016
  10. I would go to Intel's site, and download the latest Video Driver for your computer, and then when it gets done "Restart" and it should take effect.

Computer Chicken, Apr 14, 2016
  11. Sorry for the late reply, I thought I already did.

I do not know what driver I would need from Intel. Second, I was manualy checking for the product key. On most PCs (in my experience) the product key is labeled "product key" in the bios. Is there another way?

guyman70718, Apr 18, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use Showkey from this forum to find product keys in bios.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering

1. Windows 10 "Disk is too small" error while recovering - Similar Threads - Disk too small

2. System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!: I am trying to restore system image to the original drive on original hardware and it fails to complete with errors about the disk being too small.^The disk that is set as active in bios is too small to recover the original disk error 0x80042407."This is the original disk,...
  3. Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small.: I was trying to clone Windows really the whole C drive from the C drive 128 GB M.2 to the D drive 2 TB SSD. I ruined windows in the process that asks me for the boot disk.I have a 32 GB thumb stick that I used to boot windows onto the PC the first time a few months ago. When...
  4. unable to recover pc, the driver is too small

unable to recover pc, the driver is too small: hello, i have a lenovo flex 2 14 laptop and i replace the hard-drive to a smasung evo 860 500GB. i made a recovery driver with 32 GB usb driver before i replaced the PC hard-drive. now i try to recover my pc but i keep getting this message... im using my usb recovery...
  5. Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small.: I have an acer laptop that shat that bed and i got the Automatic Repair screen and i tired EVERYTHING. so i decided to buy a thumb drive and download a new copy of w10 on it. I plug it in and pick: Advanced options > Use a device > USB. i pick a language > Recover from a...
  6. windows too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows too small: [ATTACH] i downloaded a software from Microchip.com and all is running smoothly but I cannot seem to enlarge this pop up window, as you can see on the Build Directory Policy section the text cuts off at "output". i cannot scroll to the right. my point here is that there is...
  7. Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small.

Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small.: So a few days ago I turned on my PC and it said that the file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system was missing, so I tried recoering my pc via recovery drive. It said wait for a bit and then changed to a screen with the words, “Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too...
  8. Windows error while recovering

Windows error while recovering: Good morning! I have a Dell laptop with windows 10 installed on it a few days ago I tried to total system restore it while after starting the disk wipe I plugged it in and walked away somewhere along the way it errored and now it boots into the start up goes Into a screen...
  9. Unable to recover - System drive too small

Unable to recover - System drive too small: Unable to recover - System drive too small After installing Windows 10 last week, I created a system image using the built-in backup software. The system OS SSD is 120GB. Over the weekend I restored my system back to Windows 7 using a prior image so I could transfer a...
  10. Disk too small?

Disk too small?: So I have a Sony VAIO laptop. It came with Windows 7 and I was able to successfully upgrade to Windows 10. I wanted to then upgrade the HD from a 5400 drive to an SSD. Old one was 580 or so GB, new one is 480 GB. First step I tried was to clone the original drive using...