Windows 10: windows 10 disk management

Discus and support windows 10 disk management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem. i have a msi laptop and since the 1511 update i now have partitions that where not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madmecca, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Madmecca Win User

windows 10 disk management

hello i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem.
    i have a msi laptop and since the 1511 update i now have partitions that where not there before hand.
    i can not delete these partitions and was wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows of a fix.
    or is the only thing i could do is a clean install the last time i did a clean install on a laptop i could not load stuff on to it from manufacturers web site what is the best way of doing this thanks

:)

Madmecca, Jan 10, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Disk missing from Disk Management, but is listed in BIOS

All four disk are now visible. Changing SATA cables, power connections and using different SATA ports made no difference.

Using Windows 10 Boot Repair option selections reported it couldn't fix the issue it found. It primary message was to contact my administrator, which is me. I've seen that message so many time people are wondering why I'm talking to myself more now than
    ever. windows 10 disk management :)

After the Boot repair tossed up its hands, I tried safe mode. I didn't expect anything to be different when I looked in the PC top-level directory, but the directory showed all four disk. Exiting Safe mode and entering normal mode also showed the disk.

Now I'm wondering why I didn't hit F8 a week ago. windows 10 disk management :(

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than smart.

Roger...

Roger Rines, Jan 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Lack of punctuation makes it hard to read.
    I think it's not a problem, "just one of those things". Those partitions are small, total about 1.6GB.

Berton, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Madmecca Win User
    So sorry about the punctuation.
    But when you get a laptop with a 120gb m.2 all the space is wanted as i don't want to void my warranty by upgrading to a bigger m.2.
    Also the one on the second drive is almost 20gb

Madmecca, Jan 10, 2016
  6. Why can't you delete them, what happens?

nigelmercier, Jan 10, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    Windows won't allow deleting those recovery partitions via disk management. However, you can delete them using diskpart which I would not recommend.

As mentioned above, those partitions are small and if you delete them, you might break something else. The 20GB on the second disk is your factory Recovery image.

topgundcp, Jan 10, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

If that was my PC, I would make an image of the C and Efi partitions and then delete all the recovery partitions. But don't use Windows imaging - use free Macrium.

9. Word Man Win User
    You may get some useful information on options you have for sorting this out by executing "reagentc /info" from an elevated (admin) command prompt. If you need help interpreting that info, post a screen shot of the output.

Word Man, Jan 10, 2016
  10. Madmecca Win User
    I was wondering if I should do a clean install of Windows 10 after the 1511 update.If I download the iso and do a clean install will everything go back on it properly from msi for laptop. As in the past when I have done clean installs on laptops I can never get manufacturers web sites to recognise the laptop as there
    Thanks in advance

Madmecca, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 disk management - Similar Threads - disk management

2. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-256-gb-ssd-i-converted-the-disk-to/2a4ac20a-d6ef-43e3-a94e-62b4cc331627
  3. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-256-gb-ssd-i-converted-the-disk-to/2a4ac20a-d6ef-43e3-a94e-62b4cc331627
  4. i have a 256 gb ssd i converted the disk to dynamic via disk manager but after i deleted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  6. Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management

Local disk D is missing and theres a cross sign below it when i open the disk management: The disk shows a cross sign whenever i open disk management.I am unable to open any shortcuts created on desktop which are linked to that specefic drive.Whenever i open any app, for ex- When i open a game which i have saved on the d drive, it says "the drive or network...
  7. Why in Disk Management does it show3 disk when I only have 2?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why in Disk Management does it show3 disk when I only have 2?: I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 I have 2 SSD. When I look at Disk Management it says I have 3. Why? How can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-in-disk-management-does-it-show3-disk-when-i/0812e7eb-5f39-4e6f-9bb4-5cb8292be94e
  8. Why in Disk Management does it show3 disk when I only have 2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why in Disk Management does it show3 disk when I only have 2?: I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 I have 2 SSD. When I look at Disk Management it says I have 3. Why? How can I change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-in-disk-management-does-it-show3-disk-when-i/0812e7eb-5f39-4e6f-9bb4-5cb8292be94e
  9. Why in Disk Management does it show3 disk when I only have 2?

10. hi my computer won't open disk management for some reason any idea as to how I can fix my...

hi my computer won't open disk management for some reason any idea as to how I can fix my...: when I click on disk management on my computer, it does nothing, I tried restarting my computer to see if it worked, but nothing. I tried looking in Task Manager to see if the window had a problem opening but I come to find out that it does nothing....