Windows 10: Windows 10 display dark after creators update

Discus and support Windows 10 display dark after creators update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, My pc is running Windows 10 PRO and after the creators update the display has gone dark a little. I have Intel HD Graphics 2500 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greatchap, Dec 5, 2017.

1. greatchap Win User

Windows 10 display dark after creators update

Hello Everyone,

My pc is running Windows 10 PRO and after the creators update the display has gone dark a little. I have Intel HD Graphics 2500 as my display adaptor and LG IPS Monitor.

I found answers for those running NVIDIA GPU but mine is intel graphics which is built in motherboard. I just updated my driver also but no help. In task scheduler I found no such settings like display or trigger. In power options I found nothing suspicious.

What to do to fix the problem?

Thank you,

GR

:)

greatchap, Dec 5, 2017

2. Screen Brightness

After updating my desktop to the Windows 10 2017 Fall Creator's update, my screen is very dark and I can't figure out how to change it.

HarrisonMcClintock, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Transparent New Updates Not Working in my Update.

Thanks for the fix dear. It fixes. But after 1-mins of activating Intel 4600 Graphics Adapter automatically it darkens the display (Not Blank Dark) Just makes the brightness less and makes texts looking bold and darker. This happens only when activating
    Intel 4600 but doesn't happens with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This is a kind of bug after the Windows Fall Creators Update!

Enjamul Galib, Dec 5, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello greatchap and welcome to tenforums *Smile

Just a thought but have you checked that night mode is not activated? This will darken the display slightly and remove the blue light content so that it appears slightly more towards the red end of the spectrum.

Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10

philc43, Dec 5, 2017
  5. greatchap Win User
    Night light is off.

greatchap, Dec 5, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    Which version of windows are you on? There is a Fall Creators Update (Ver1709) as well as a Creators Update (ver 1703).

Type About in the Search box and view the settings. Windows Specifications are towards the bottom of the page.

philc43, Dec 5, 2017
  7. heartog Win User
    Your colorspace might got changed by the update

heartog, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 display dark after creators update - Similar Threads - display dark creators

2. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  3. Screensaver Issues after updating to Windows 10 Creator

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver Issues after updating to Windows 10 Creator: I have just updated to Win10 Creator and experiencing some problems with the screen saver. The screen saver starts after the designated time, and displays my photographs in a random order. All good stuff ... it is performing exactly as it should. Normally, any key...
  4. Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Creator Update and Display Issue: Hello, Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting under Scale and Layout shows the correct percentage as before (I set it at 150%); however, I cannot see where to access text...
  5. No text displayed in explorer after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    No text displayed in explorer after Creators Update: I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version. After update I can't see any text in explorer (no folder and file names), only icons are shown. The same problem is with old Control Panel. On the other hand, the new settings menu is working as well as menu start. I've...
  6. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows Explorer - display corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows Explorer - display corrupted: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 Home x64 Fall Creators Update, what appears to happen is Windows Explorer will work correctly for up to 7 days from logging in but it seems like it is running out of resources or something since as little as 2 days or up to 7 days, it...
  7. Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update: Hello, I have noticed some serious slowdowns on my computer since I updated to creators update. Before the update, my PC was flying lighting fast. I often kept it on power saving mode and it still did not show any sings of slowing down. I always keep my laptop up to date...
  8. Problems after Creators update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after Creators update on Windows 10: Hi, I have attached event log as a .rar file containing Event log.evtx. Problem is that after upgrading with Windows 10 Creators Update I got lots of errors shown in event log. If someone can go through the event log and advise how to resolve some or all problems I would...
  9. Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after the Windows 10 Creators Update: Hi, greetings all from Argentina. I upgraded my laptop to the new Windows build, and now I can't boot to Windows, it keeps restarting when the Windows logo is displayed. I tried to repair the boot from the USB recovery prompt with bootrec /fixboot and bcdboot c:\Windows /l...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...