Windows 10: Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big.

Discus and support Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have had this problem with Windows 10 for a while now wherein that Windows refuses to output an image at the correct scaling, insisting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by salemator, Jun 11, 2015.

1. salemator Win User

Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big.

Hi guys,

I have had this problem with Windows 10 for a while now wherein that Windows refuses to output an image at the correct scaling, insisting that it outputs at about 3 pixels bigger than my actual monitor size. This causes weird overlapping issues in my multi-monitor setup (For example, tooltip boarders extend around 3 pixels into the other monitor, where they should not be, and the Chrome search bar intruding on my second monitor!)
    If I boot the SAME machine back into Windows 7, these problems disappear
    Now, usually this problem is something i'd fix with overscan, but, the monitors are connected through DVI(primary) and VGA(secondary), so no overscan options are available.

Am on latest graphics drivers.

Running AMD R9 270x

Any ideas on how I can fix this? It's really annoying me now :c

Image of the problem:
    Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big. [​IMG]

:)

salemator, Jun 11, 2015
  2. Merlstrom Win User

Windows 10 - Display too big

On Windows 10 Settings, go to System (Display, notifications, power) make sure that the Display Resolution is set to 1600 x 900 (Recommended).

Good luck!

Merlstrom, Jun 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Display too big

I have no idea what a "display card driver" is, and never have used such a thing. My display is set at 100% but still too big for my 15+" laptop screen. I have windows 10.

DonnaBensonVJ., Jun 11, 2015
  4. Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big.

This machine has an APU and there have been display issues since ... 9926 ??

Settings doesn't report reality as your image shows - try using Control Panel > Display for accurate properties.

The only thing I can suggest is to try the 15.5 beta driver (5/28/2015) - it's at the bottom of the main driver page.

Catalyst driver downloads

It might help or just be different issues *Wink

edit: you might also use the AMD Issue Reporting Form

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2015
  5. salemator Win User
    Just updated the driver -- Same problem.
    I'm not aware of an APU in the machine I have..?

salemator, Jun 11, 2015
  6. sorry - this machine = my machine

My machine has an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) - CPU/GPU on one chip.

Guess the only thing is to wait for AMD and MS to work through the issues.
    Make sure they know about your experience.

Bill

Slartybart, Jun 11, 2015
  7. Greg1680 Win User
    I was able to resolve the same issue you are reporting by going into the Catalyst Control Center and going into My Digital Flat Panels and going to Scaling Options and scaling it down. This fixed everything.

Greg1680, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big.

1. Windows 10 display output ~3 pixels too big. - Similar Threads - display output pixels

2. Pixelated display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pixelated display: Does anybody know how to fix this? my screen has this pixelated things that goes upwards idk how this happened if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pixelated-display/2d791c88-a6fb-47dd-9908-12d1709d67c5
  3. Pixelated display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pixelated display: Does anybody know how to fix this? my screen has this pixelated things that goes upwards idk how this happened if anyone knows how to fix this that would be great https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pixelated-display/2d791c88-a6fb-47dd-9908-12d1709d67c5
  4. WinSXS in Windows 10 too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinSXS in Windows 10 too big: I've noticed the WinSXS folder is filling up rapidly and eating all the drive space and so I thought 'I'll do a reset', wrong. I'm 1.6gb too short of space. After deleting everything possible the culprit is WinSXS which will only allow a trusted installer to delete the files....
  5. Display is TOO big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  6. icons on the display are way too big

icons on the display are way too big: After the last update the icons on the display are way too big, how can I change them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-the-display-are-way-too-big/b1d1845e-2c33-4f7d-9d1a-ae499f0f3015
  7. Fonts too big in windows 10

Fonts too big in windows 10: In some of the applications I have on my Windows 10, the fonts on pop-up windows are too big. I set the screen resolution and scaling to minimum but it didn't help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Program is too big for window - Windows 10

Program is too big for window - Windows 10: hi, can someone help me, I am having the problem of some programs showing up too big for the window? this usually happens in printing preferences and other applications. the window is locked, so I cannot resize it. I am using a laptop so only a single display and I have...
  9. Windows 10: Display Font size is too big

Windows 10: Display Font size is too big: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS. The fonts and text on my display and in the menu bar of my main apps is suddenly too large. They overlap each other making them hard to read and take up alot of screen space. The section of the display settings where you used to be...
  10. Everything is too big in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything is too big in Windows 10: I'm just about fed up with Windows 10. I've been trying to get this thing working properly for 24 hours now. I used the website link everyone was passing around to download Windows 10 bc my computer kept showing failed attempts at installing it. When it finished...