Windows 10: Windows 10 Display settings restore to default every restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Display settings restore to default every restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo P51 with two external Asus monitors. When I restart the system the displays always revert to the background settings - Photo and Tile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NateBPI, Aug 1, 2018.

1. NateBPI Win User

Windows 10 Display settings restore to default every restart

I have a Lenovo P51 with two external Asus monitors. When I restart the system the displays always revert to the background settings - Photo and Tile. I always set it back to Slideshow and Fit. The slideshow resides on my C: so there should be no interference by the server. It's been a few months of this.

What is going on?

Windows 10 Enterprise V. 1709

:)

NateBPI, Aug 1, 2018

2. How to restore default display settings in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings and check if it helps.

Step 1: To check the text and font size follow the below steps.

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on “system”, under the display option click on “advanced display settings”.

3. Then click on “advanced sizing of text and items” and check whether the text and font size settings.

Step 2: To check the color contrast follow the below steps and check.

1. Press “Windows+X” and go to “control panel”.

2. Click on “Ease of access center” and click on “Choose high contrast theme”.

3. Under “High contrast themes” check whether any option is selected, if selected then I suggest you to
    select any option under “Windows Default themes”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 1, 2018
  3. How to restore default display settings in Windows 10

Hi Greggi,

I realized that you are facing issues with small text size and change in color settings on Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in text and color settings on Windows 10.

Let us try some basic troubleshooting steps to change the size of text and also set the blue color in the color settings.

Step 1: If you are facing difficulty in viewing the text on the computer, then I suggest you to increase the
    size of text, apps and other items in the display settings. Also try to change the color accordingly.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Display settings.

3. Under Customize your display, try to drag and increase the size of text and apps.

Step 2: I recommend you to change the color by below steps and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Colors and select Blue color
    from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on issues related to
    changes in text and color settings. Please contact us and wewill be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

In Windows 10 how do I return the font on my desktop icons to the default setting?

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to restore to default font settings in windows 10.

• Type fonts in the search and press enter

• Click on Font settings

• Click on Restore default font settings.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Display settings restore to default every restart - Similar Threads - Display settings restore

2. Restore default settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore default settings: I have applied read only settings to the personal users folder in mr windows 11 laptop. And due to this some functions such as search bar is not working. How do i restore original settings to each folder?...
  3. Restore default settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore default settings: I have applied read only settings to the personal users folder in mr windows 11 laptop. And due to this some functions such as search bar is not working. How do i restore original settings to each folder?...
  4. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  5. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  6. Windows System Restores every restart =

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows System Restores every restart =: Hi Guys, hopefully you can help me. This is the 5th scenario that I have to reinstall my windows. Problem: Whenever I restart my Laptop, Windows restores itself to a specific point. From what I notice, usually starts with a BSOD. After that point, it creates a "restore...
  7. Restore all default display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore all default display settings: How can I Restore all default display settings? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-all-default-display-settings/91c002b3-d523-4101-89bb-a787be5f8e21
  8. How to restore default Display Color settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to restore default Display Color settings in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When it comes to printing a picture from a Windows PC, the color settings matter a lot. Those who are into editing photos, change their PCs color settings to make sure the printout look like the actual colors. Here is [...] This post How to restore default Display...
  9. Devices "Friendly Names" restored to defaults at every restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices "Friendly Names" restored to defaults at every restart: I've renamed my sound devices using the "FriendlyName" registry key method (the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001 key). However they got restored to the ugly defaults after each restart. *Sad Can anyone suggest how to keep them? I've thought of disabling system...
  10. Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. This tutorial will show you how to completely restore the default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore default display settings windows 10

2. windows 10 reset display settings to default

3. reset windows 10 display settings to default

4. restart display settings,
  5. default display settings restore windows 10,
  6. how to restart display settings,
  7. restore display to default,
  8. restore display settings to default windows 10,
  9. windows 10 display settings reset every day,
  10. windows 10 restore display settings,
  11. windows 10 restore default display settings,